Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #1516
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Morning all!

I've been semi awol..think I'm caught up though.

Anything exciting going on here?
Hi! I am here too. Not much going on... Matt had to report for jury duty today so I woke up early and came in to work early.
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #1517
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Good Morning all....I hope everyone had a good weekend!!

We had a Disney kind of weekend DH and I went to Disneyland on Saturday afternoon for our annual holiday date night. I was hoping crowds would be on the light side due to the rain, but it was not to be. Luckily the rain stayed away for a good part of the night and I was able to watch some of the Candlelight Processional. I had never seen it before so that was fun!

We had dinner at the Big Thunder BBQ, rode a couple of rides and I got a few gifts for the kids. Mostly we just enjoyed all the atmosphere.

Yesterday morning DD and I wrapped a bunch of presents so that our tree is no longer naked at the bottom

Then last night we took the kids down to the port to see the Wonder head out for its last Mexican Riviera cruise. We will probably go down again next Sunday when it leaves LA to return to FL

OK...that was my weekend. Now I am off to read back and she what everyone else has been up to

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #1518
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD

Hi! I am here too. Not much going on... Matt had to report for jury duty today so I woke up early and came in to work early.
Ew. no fun. On all counts.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #1519
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl

We had a Disney kind of weekend DH and I went to Disneyland on Saturday afternoon for our annual holiday date night. I was hoping crowds would be on the light side due to the rain, but it was not to be. Luckily the rain stayed away for a good part of the night and I was able to watch some of the Candlelight Processional. I had never seen it before so that was fun!

We had dinner at the Big Thunder BBQ, rode a couple of rides and I got a few gifts for the kids. Mostly we just enjoyed all the atmosphere.

Yesterday morning DD and I wrapped a bunch of presents so that our tree is no longer naked at the bottom

Then last night we took the kids down to the port to see the Wonder head out for its last Mexican Riviera cruise. We will probably go down again next Sunday when it leaves LA to return to FL

OK...that was my weekend. Now I am off to read back and she what everyone else has been up to
Awe, so fun!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #1520
jetskigrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
YES! He was awful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Wasn't he the forgotten Osmond?
Ohh, I remember Jimmy Osmond. He was the youngest of the Osmond Family and used to perform with the Osmond Brothers. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid (thinking I was about 9 or 10 at the time, LOL).

Yeah, I don't recall him doing much after he got older but I think he did pretty well as a kid. Maybe his voice change in puberty was not good to him

Next Up:
Old 12-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #1521
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

You like Jimmy eh? I remember I loved Donny!

Tiffany , I am glad to see people who do jury duty. I know it is not fun, but you need level headed people. Some jurors , man oh man. Enough said, I don't want to ruin my day.

Jetski sounds like a wonderful time with DH.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #1522
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post

That sounds like so much fun!!! I miss the Wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Ew. no fun. On all counts.
But at least I get to leave work early now (since I came in early). Also found a dress on lunch and went to the bank.

Quote:
Ohh, I remember Jimmy Osmond. He was the youngest of the Osmond Family and used to perform with the Osmond Brothers. I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid (thinking I was about 9 or 10 at the time, LOL).

Yeah, I don't recall him doing much after he got older but I think he did pretty well as a kid. Maybe his voice change in puberty was not good to him
haha or maybe your vocal tastes have changed from when you were 9 or 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post

Tiffany , I am glad to see people who do jury duty. I know it is not fun, but you need level headed people. Some jurors , man oh man. Enough said, I don't want to ruin my day.

Oh I know... I wouldn't normally complain but we are due to leave for a cruise this Saturday! Have been looking forward to it forever and with all I have going on I NEED a break. He is currently being questioned for a 3-4 day case!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #1523
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Most of the time if you have a vacation planned they excuse you and call you back at a later date.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #1524
jetskigrl

Quote:

LOL - my older sister already called dibs on Donny so I went with Jimmy

Quote:
That sounds like so much fun!!! I miss the Wonder...

But at least I get to leave work early now (since I came in early). Also found a dress on lunch and went to the bank.

haha or maybe your vocal tastes have changed from when you were 9 or 10?

Oh I know... I wouldn't normally complain but we are due to leave for a cruise this Saturday! Have been looking forward to it forever and with all I have going on I NEED a break. He is currently being questioned for a 3-4 day case!
Yes, I guess my taste in music has changed up a bit since then Actually, I'm not even sure I liked the music back then either I probably just wanted someone to have a crush on too, even if I didn't know what a crush was

Aww, I hope the judge will let him off the case, given the circumstances. I don't think they want to risk losing a juror at the very end when it can be avoided. And I can't imagine them expecting someone to miss a cruise for a 3-4 day case.

Next Up:
Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #1525
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Most of the time if you have a vacation planned they excuse you and call you back at a later date.
Yeah you have to ask to be excused in advance, I think. But since the call to jury duty was this Mon (Dec 3) and not during our trip (Dec 8-15) I didn't think we could do that.

Quote:
LOL - my older sister already called dibs on Donny so I went with Jimmy

Yes, I guess my taste in music has changed up a bit since then Actually, I'm not even sure I liked the music back then either I probably just wanted someone to have a crush on too, even if I didn't know what a crush was

Aww, I hope the judge will let him off the case, given the circumstances. I don't think they want to risk losing a juror at the very end when it can be avoided. And I can't imagine them expecting someone to miss a cruise for a 3-4 day case.
Just FYI Jimmy is very unfortunate looking today (not sure how he looked before). LOL

Yeah and just a civil case too. We'll see... there is a pool of 21 and they are picking 6 jurors + 1 alternate
Old 12-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #1526
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Yeah you have to ask to be excused in advance, I think. But since the call to jury duty was this Mon (Dec 3) and not during our trip (Dec 8-15) I didn't think we could do that.

Just FYI Jimmy is very unfortunate looking today (not sure how he looked before). LOL

Yeah and just a civil case too. We'll see... there is a pool of 21 and they are picking 6 jurors + 1 alternate
Yes, as soon as you get the notice show proof that you have it scheduled and they should excuse you and then recall.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #1527
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
Yes, as soon as you get the notice show proof that you have it scheduled and they should excuse you and then recall.
Even if you are not scheduled during the trip??? It was a week before so...

Oh well too late now.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #1528
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

They usually do understand when sending out the notices that people do have certain things going on. So I would let them know next time. Because you don't want to picked and then it may extend into the time you would be gone. Nothing you can do now. Sometimes in the case of this one they may plead guilty and no need to serve.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #1529
TifffanyD
I need to reload

Quote:
They usually do understand when sending out the notices that people do have certain things going on. So I would let them know next time. Because you don't want to picked and then it may extend into the time you would be gone. Nothing you can do now. Sometimes in the case of this one they may plead guilty and no need to serve.
Well maybe we could just stay in the Caribbean and not come back
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #1530
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Well maybe we could just stay in the Caribbean and not come back
No jury duty there?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: