Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Diaper Genie & Pack n Play

We are bringing our grandchildren on the Dream in Jan. Do we have to call ahead to have a diaper genie and a pack n play placed in their cabin or do we just ask the stateroom host when we get onboard?

Thank you
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

We requested a pack n' play on our reservation and our stateroom host had already provided a diaper genie as well
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Great. Thank you
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
jdemwe
Earning My Ears

I am not sure what your family's plans are, but I wanted to mention in case it would help, that you can also get a loaner stroller from Guest Services.
jdemwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemwe View Post
I am not sure what your family's plans are, but I wanted to mention in case it would help, that you can also get a loaner stroller from Guest Services.
Great suggestion. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Since the stateroom host knows the ages of children in the room, usually these items just appear by "Magic." If they are not in the room when you get there, just ask the stateroom host.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
klepton
Mouseketeer

What about a fridge to store breast milk? We are on the Magic in January, and from what I understand the fridges on the rooms are more like coolers. Is that something we should call ahead to reserve?
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepton View Post
What about a fridge to store breast milk? We are on the Magic in January, and from what I understand the fridges on the rooms are more like coolers. Is that something we should call ahead to reserve?
On the Dream and Fantasy, there are real refrigerators. On the Magic and Wonder, there are "beverage coolers." You can have a real refrigerator placed in the room by completing the "special needs" request form on DCL's web site. You can also just call and have this noted on your reservation.

The beverage coolers stay quite cold if you place a cup of ice in them--the ice won't even melt overnight and drinks are nice and cold. It keeps cartons of milk well. However, for medications or breast milk, I'd suggest getting a real refrigerator.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #9
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

I called in last week to have a diaper genie and bottle water noted on our reservation and the. N told me its not possible to note. We would have to go to guest services once aboard he ship....hmmm
Old 11-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #10
lilbuddy88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421 View Post
I called in last week to have a diaper genie and bottle water noted on our reservation and the. N told me its not possible to note. We would have to go to guest services once aboard he ship....hmmm
I've always been told the same thing. But the pack and play and the diaper genie have always been placed there by the room attendant prior to our arrival.
lilbuddy88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: