Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Christmas Characters

I'm looking for some help with our upcoming trip. Last year at MVMCP I missed the chance to go see Mickey & Minnie in their Christmas clothes and this year I don't want to miss them. I thought I read that Mickey, Minnie Goofy, Donald, and Chip & Dale all start appearing in the same Christmas outfits at Animal Kingdom sometime in November. Does anyone know if this is the case for sure? Are they the same costumes? I don't think Goofy will be at AK this year bc he will be appearing at DHS so I can catch him there.

Are there any other characters at MVMCP that have on Holiday outfits? I'm not worried about princesses, dwarves, etc. bc we got most of them last year or at MNSSHP in Sept. but more talking about the classic characters like Pooh & Friends, Donald & Daisy. I'm trying to come up with a good touring plan for MVMCP but I want to make sure that I can get the characters in their Holiday finest if I can't get them in other parks.

Thanks so much!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

In the past you could see Mickey, Minnie, and others in their Christmas outfits at Camp Mickey outside the Festival of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Santa Goofy and Chip and Dale. Donald was still in his safari outfit with just some holly on the top.

We also so Pooh, tigger, and eeyore with wintery outfits (scarves, hats, etc) were also at Animal Kingdom.
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
ktlm
DIS Veteran

The Christmas outfits Minnie and Mickey wear at AK are not the same outfits they wear at MVMCP. According to KennythePirate's blog (I highly recommend his website for character hunters), the characters will start wearing holiday clothes at AK this Friday.

Unfortunately, it looks like Santa Goofy won't be at AK this year- which I am unhappy about because I was hoping to make that our Christmas card this year as it was the best family picture we got at WDW last year. He will be at DHS, but I think it is only during the Osborne lights, so you know his line will be insane.

Santa Duffy should be at MK during MVMCP which makes for a cute picture. Most of the other characters will have things like holiday scarves or holly in their hair on at MVMCP, instead of full holiday wear. Aladdin should show up as Prince Ali. Donald had a lumberjack type red and black plaid outfit last year. I don't recall ever seeing Daisy at MVMCP. Belle and Beast used to meet in their Christmas finery at MCMVP, but they were given the boot this year...don't even get me started on the fact that Belle is getting a whole area of the park built for her, but there is nowhere at MK that a kid can get her autograph!

Just a warning, it isn't guaranteed you will see Mickey and Minnie together at MVMCP. We went through the line twice last year on different nights, and both times we wound up with Mickey solo. Minnie was nowhere to be found. We were bummed because we really wanted a picture with both of them together. We wound up finally getting them both together in their regular clothes on a regular day, but that isn't going to be possible this year since Minnie has now been removed from her traditional clothes meet and greet with Mickey and shipped off to the back of the park in that circus area.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
The Christmas outfits Minnie and Mickey wear at AK are not the same outfits they wear at MVMCP. According to KennythePirate's blog (I highly recommend his website for character hunters), the characters will start wearing holiday clothes at AK this Friday.

Unfortunately, it looks like Santa Goofy won't be at AK this year- which I am unhappy about because I was hoping to make that our Christmas card this year as it was the best family picture we got at WDW last year. He will be at DHS, but I think it is only during the Osborne lights, so you know his line will be insane.

Santa Duffy should be at MK during MVMCP which makes for a cute picture. Most of the other characters will have things like holiday scarves or holly in their hair on at MVMCP, instead of full holiday wear. Aladdin should show up as Prince Ali. Donald had a lumberjack type red and black plaid outfit last year. I don't recall ever seeing Daisy at MVMCP. Belle and Beast used to meet in their Christmas finery at MCMVP, but they were given the boot this year...don't even get me started on the fact that Belle is getting a whole area of the park built or her, but there is nowhere at MK that a kid can get her autograph!

Just a warning, it isn't guaranteed you will see Mickey and Minnie together at MVMCP. We went through the line twice last year on different nights, and both times we wound up with Mickey solo. Minnie was nowhere to be found. We were bummed because we really wanted a picture with both of them together. We wound up finally getting them both together in their regular clothes on a regular day, but that isn't going to be possible this year since Minnie has now been removed from her traditional clothes meet and greet with Mickey and shipped off to the back of the park in that circus area.
Thanks for all this info. I have been checking KTP blog for characters but wasn't finding much other than the main AK characters having on Holiday clothes. I think my best bet is go ahead and plan on doing Mickey and/or Minnie line at MVMCP along with Pooh & friends, Donald and any of the other classic ones. If I get them earlier at AK then they happen to have on the same clothes that would just be a bonus at the party so I could skip them.

Last year we didn't really do anything at all at the party other than watch both parades and the fireworks so I want to see the different shows this year and meet some characters.

I'm ready for the first few parties so people will have some good touring plans!

Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
Thanks for all this info. I have been checking KTP blog for characters but wasn't finding much other than the main AK characters having on Holiday clothes. I think my best bet is go ahead and plan on doing Mickey and/or Minnie line at MVMCP along with Pooh & friends, Donald and any of the other classic ones. If I get them earlier at AK then they happen to have on the same clothes that would just be a bonus at the party so I could skip them.

Last year we didn't really do anything at all at the party other than watch both parades and the fireworks so I want to see the different shows this year and meet some characters.

I'm ready for the first few parties so people will have some good touring plans!
I think the update on the Christmas characters at AK just appeared in the last couple of days.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
. If I get them earlier at AK then they happen to have on the same clothes that would just be a bonus at the party so I could skip them.

FYI- if it makes any difference, I don't know what they will be wearing this year, but in our past pictures, Minnie is in a Green Sweater at AK, and then always in some sort of red dress (the style has changed different years), at MVMCP. Actually 2 years ago, her AK outfit was much cuter than her MVMCP outfit. Also, at AK they have separate areas and separate lines, where the past 2 or 3 years they have been together where you could get one picture with both of them in it at MVMCP (before that they were separate at MVMCP too). At least last year, Mickey's lines during MVMCP were really short. He wasn't nearly as much of a hassle as getting to see some of the other MVMCP characters.

I love the castle show at MVMCP! DD(6) has always been a character nut, so that is our main focus at the parties (and often in the parks too). I'm looking forward to seeing the reports from the first MVMCP too.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think my best bet is go ahead and plan on doing Mickey and/or Minnie line at MVMCP along with Pooh & friends, Donald and any of the other classic ones.
Donald is not expected to be out in his lumberjack this year as he'll be meeting as the Great Donaldo in PSS.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Here's hoping the dry cleaners did a number on Mickey and Minnie's MVMCP outfits so they need something new this year. Minnie was in red, and Mickey was in green, but I never thought either of them alone looked all that Christmasy.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70

Donald is not expected to be out in his lumberjack this year as he'll be meeting as the Great Donaldo in PSS.
Just Scrooge huh? Personally don't think the regular characters should be out in regular costumes during party. Can see those anytime. Yawn...
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
Just Scrooge huh? Personally don't think the regular characters should be out in regular costumes during party. Can see those anytime. Yawn...
Agree! Put them in their Holiday best or don't have them out at all! So is Scrooge at MVMCP? Oh I can't wait for a list of all the characters going to be out.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate View Post
I agree. Every year MVMCP seems more like an extension of the regular park day. Someone remind me of why I'm paying $60+ per head when I could add an extra day to my ticket for $10?

Oh that's right. The parade.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #12
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I agree. Every year MVMCP seems more like an extension of the regular park day. Someone remind me of why I'm paying $60+ per head when I could add an extra day to my ticket for $10?

Oh that's right. The parade.
It's the 60 dollar cookie!
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4360

It's the 60 dollar cookie!
$72 cookie on most expensive nights!

Scrooge is supposed to replace Donald at Carousel.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
DisneyPups
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennythepirate

$72 cookie on most expensive nights!

Scrooge is supposed to replace Donald at Carousel.
I, for one, am darn excited for the astronomically priced cookie. It's the the 60 buck Nestle cocoa made with water I wish they'd change.

Ok it's the parade.
DisneyPups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to convince DH that we need a trip to FL ASAP to see Uncle Scrooge and Ralph. He's not biting....

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: