Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
mom2msb
Earning My Ears

Dining in Cabo

Can anyone recommend places to eat in Cabo that could accommodate a daughter with peanut and soy allergies? We would like to experience authentic mexican food without the fear of a reaction. We are looking for a good place for lunch. Any experiences or information would be appreciated.

I am also interested to hear from those with food allergies what they did for lunch on excursions in PV and Cabo. Did you bring something from the ship to eat, did you find a restaurant you were comfortable eating at, or did you just take snacks with you preferring to eat once back on board the Wonder?
mom2msb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

We just ate after we got back on board. Which shore excursion are you doing? Most of them don't last all day long.

Mexico has strict laws about not taking meat, fruit, veggies (dairy?) off the ship.

Different areas of the world have different bacteria in the water. Not to say that Mexico's water is polluted; it's just different and you and/or your family may react to it. A nephew lived in Spain for two years and wanted to try the authentic Mexican food when we were in Cabo. He was sick for the rest of the cruise. a cousin's DH had similar problems -- he figured it was from contaminated ice cubes in his drink.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
mom2msb
Earning My Ears

Wow, thanks for sharing! I've been told to avoid the water, but didn't think of the ice cubes. We are doing the Las Caletas excursion in PV and haven't decided yet on Cabo. I'm thinking that the best thing for us to do in Cabo would be to take a few smaller excursions rather than one big one. Perhaps we will go parasailing and then head back to the ship for lunch and then take a boat to lovers beach. The next day we may do a city tour. I would love to eat at a good Mexican restaurant, but I'm more concerned about safety than a good meal.
mom2msb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
crafty91
DIS Veteran

With no real "liability" in Mexico I'd be very concerned about trusting any authentic mexican food places to ensure your daughter's safety! Further complicated by a language barrier I think I'd just pass on going anywhere "authentic." Two cents submitted!
Magic March 2010
Wonder March 2011 Mexican Riviera
Fantasy Maiden Voyage March 2012
Fantasy Western July 2012
Fantasy Western March Spring Break 2013
Fantasy March 2014 Western Caribbean

NEXT: Magic Mediterranean July 2014

Beyond: Fantasy Eastern March Spring Break 2015
crafty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
kindsoul73
Mouseketeer

I just got off the Wonder on Sunday. I also did the Las Caletas excursion- their meal was all American food, and they spoke English so you could ask. There was BBQ ribs, salads, guac and chips, and rice.
In Cabo, there are so many "Americanized" Mexican restaurants, and I am sure you could just ask them.
There is Cabo Wabo right when you get off the boat- that is a big restaurant and they speak English there.
Hope that helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: