Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
fhernand
Mouseketeer

Castaway Cay Serenity Bay Food

Does anyone have pictures of the food over at the adult beach at Castaway Cay?
I’ve always heard of these rumors of steaks ‘n lobsters, but quite frankly; once I see the burgers at Cookie’s what can I say
fhernand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhernand View Post
I’ve always heard of these rumors of steaks ‘n lobsters, but quite frankly; once I see the burgers at Cookie’s what can I say
They do have grilled rib eyes that are pretty good Never seen lobster however years ago they had lobster burgers.
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

After many visits to Serenity Bay, I have yet to see lobster.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Have not see lobster - mahi mahi was very good.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Scroll down a bit to see pictures of the food.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/0...-serenity-bay/

I remember having lobster burgers (7-night Magic), but that was at Cookies. I think they made them out of the leftover tails from dinner the night before.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
stevenpensacola
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits...
I'm 43, married, with three kids, and I watch SpongeBob SquarePants
Someone has to die to get me to wear a tie

Thumbs up

No lobster...

But...

no screaming kids, no fighting over chairs or hammocks, no lines or crowds to deal with at lunch...Snorkeling the little "reefy canyons" looking at the tropical fish...the incredible view...

Wish I was there now...
stevenpensacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

last time I was there they had a big, plastic lobster decoration on one of the tables.....does that count?
Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenpensacola View Post
no screaming kids, no fighting over chairs or hammocks, no lines or crowds to deal with at lunch...
Actually, the last time we were there, there was a bit of a kerfuffle at lunchtime. We were finishing up our food, when a group of two adults and four children (ages maybe 4 through 11) pulled up on bicycles and proceeded to help themselves to the buffet. The kids were incredibly loud and the adults were extremely annoying and loud.

I really don't fault the CMs for not chasing them out, because for the most part, there's not a "leader" there, just the guys running the grills and keeping the tables clean and the food stocked. That said, DCL has always been very good (and professional) about keeping the adult areas adult, and oh, that is so very much appreciated.

They got their food, got back on their bikes, and pedaled away, but it's always frustrating when people assume the rules are meant for other people.
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
MisterOJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowejd5 View Post
Actually, the last time we were there, there was a bit of a kerfuffle at lunchtime. We were finishing up our food, when a group of two adults and four children (ages maybe 4 through 11) pulled up on bicycles and proceeded to help themselves to the buffet. The kids were incredibly loud and the adults were extremely annoying and loud.

I really don't fault the CMs for not chasing them out, because for the most part, there's not a "leader" there, just the guys running the grills and keeping the tables clean and the food stocked. That said, DCL has always been very good (and professional) about keeping the adult areas adult, and oh, that is so very much appreciated.

They got their food, got back on their bikes, and pedaled away, but it's always frustrating when people assume the rules are meant for other people.
Did you talk to these people who wound up on the adult beach at CC?

Perhaps they were simply new to DCL and CC and didn't realize they were in an adults-only area?
MisterOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOJ View Post
Did you talk to these people who wound up on the adult beach at CC?

Perhaps they were simply new to DCL and CC and didn't realize they were in an adults-only area?
I haven't been to Serenity Bay, so I don't know how hard they are to see, but they do have signs.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
MisterOJ
Mouseketeer

On a person's first trip to Castaway Cay, I'd imagine it would be fairly easy to overlook a sign like that while looking at the rest of the scenery.

It's probably unlikely the family didn't know they wound up in the adults only area, but I think it's possible. And really, I think it's better to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than just assume the worst.
MisterOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

They knew. I heard the mom saying how nice this was since the line at the "family area" was so long. So they knew that there were different areas. I don't like to assume the worst either, but based on what I heard and saw, they were just being selfish. Ultimately it didn't have much of a negative effect on my day, but it's just another example of how some people behave, especially at Disney.
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
BeyondKen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhernand View Post
BeyondKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #14
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlowejd5 View Post

They knew. I heard the mom saying how nice this was since the line at the "family area" was so long.

. . . it's just another example of how some people behave, especially at Disney.
They probably heard a rumor they could get lobster there.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #15
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Never seen lobster but I wouldn't have paid a lot of attention in the old days because I don't like it anyway. I do love the grilled mahi mahi sandwich. I'm kind of over Castaway Cay but I'll go down to SB to get one of those.

last time a father left a kid around 8 years old at the bar area while he went onto the beach to look for Mom. The kid was there about a half hour. Then Dad came back with Mom and they all left.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: