Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
mjnap
Mouseketeer

The BEST Bonnet Creek advice I received...

I am just back from our first stay at Bonnet Creek and it was a great stay. However, there are a lot of sales people lurking around. After checking in you are told to go to the parking pass desk..If you do not want to be hassled by timeshare sales people, do not go! You do not need a parking pass! It's a scam! The only thing you need to enter the property is your room key. Also I would suggest unplugging your room phone. On our 2nd morning there the phone rang 6 times starting at 6:45 am from various "departments." Overall it was a great, comfortable stay and we would return!
mjnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

TY for the advice. I am researching WBC for our stay at WDW next year, and wonder if this place will be just as nice as staying in the parks, at a moderate or so. There will be 5 of us - 3 adults and 2 children, 14 and 12. I am only beginning my research, and have no clue where to look for answers. We will have a car, so can you tell me if WBC charges a daily parking fee? If so, what is it? TY in advance....
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
mjnap
Mouseketeer

There is no daily parking fee. We have stayed at many Disney resorts and really liked the space that Bonnet Creek offered. It was nice to be able to do laundry and have 2 bathrooms!
mjnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

I would love the 2 bathrooms as my sister will be joining us for this trip. The washer/dryer would normally be a plus for us as well, but since we are only staying 4 nights, it's not a necessity. I will have my own beach/pool towels since my sis lives in FL and we keep 4 at her house as we visit annually - I have no intention of paying a deposit fee for pool towels.
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at Bonnet Creek a couple of times. I knew you used the key to get in but thought the parking pass was needed to park there. That is great advice and we will try that next time.

We normally unplug our phone but forgot this past trip. They did call the night before we left but after we told them no they said thanks for staying with us and left it at that.

kalc12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDoubtfire View Post
I would love the 2 bathrooms as my sister will be joining us for this trip. The washer/dryer would normally be a plus for us as well, but since we are only staying 4 nights, it's not a necessity. I will have my own beach/pool towels since my sis lives in FL and we keep 4 at her house as we visit annually - I have no intention of paying a deposit fee for pool towels.
Just an FYI that they do not charge a deposit for pool towels. They do write down your room number and charge you if you do not return that towels however.

When we stayed we went to the parking pass, I filled out the form she gave me but shot her down quickly when she asked if I wanted to come to her breakfast (she asked if we had morning plans and I told her we were rope drop people - every day - which is completely true and she looked at me like she didn't understand what that meant!) After I explained that we would be out and heading to parks by 8 every morning, she tried once more, well what about your last day and I said nope - plane leaves at 8 and that was it, she wished us well and on our way we went. We had the parking pass in the car somewhere but I'm sure it wasn't really visible and it clearly didn't matter. Our phone did say we had 2 missed calls over the vacation, but I don't know what time they came in, cuz I never bothered to check into them! Really the parking pass desk didn't really bother me it was very quick, but it was a waste of time, nothing that impacted our vacation in any way.

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
JLS
Avs Fan / DVC Member

Totally agree with this advice, at all Wyndham VC Resorts they have the parking pass desk that they send you after registration for the sole purpose of pressuring you to sign up for either a sales meeting (if you are not an owner) or a "information update" type of meeting for owners if you are an owner (designed to get you to buy more points).

Wyndham is a good program and people out there may want to learn more about it, but do yourself a favor and never buy points at developer prices from one of these sales pitches. You can pick up Wyndham points at an enormous discount online buying resale.
January 2014: Disney Fantasy Western[/FONT]
July 2013: Vero Beach, Bay Lake Tower RCCL Allure of the Seas cruise
December 2012: Christmas at WDW (stayed with Auntie) [/FONT]
July 2012: Vero Beach, Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas
December 2011: Christmas at Bonnet Creek Resort and first family cruise on the Carnival Dream!
July 2011: Beach Club Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas (Cameron's first trip)
June 2009: Beach Club Villas
June 2008: Beach Club Villas
January 2007: Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive
May 2006: Vero Beach Resort, Beach Club Villas (Adrian's first trip)
May 2004: Beach Club Villas
May 2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge Villas
May 2002: Boardwalk Villas
December 2000: Beach Club Resort
July 2000: Wilderness Lodge
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote