Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Love it - it is great! I also just made my FE thus weekend. Had a good time - we made two - one for my mom and one for me.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

That is PRECIOUS! I don't sew either, so I'm very impressed that you did the patchwork yourself. It looks awesome. Congrats to you two & have a great trip!
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic3forme View Post
Very cute! have fun!
Thanks! I can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2cruise View Post
That is FANTAStic My FE was 9 inches and it did hang over the door a bit but was never a problem.
Well I guess ours will just stick out into the hallway then, for when I say 12 inches I mean the quilted piece. I did not include the dowel rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Super cute. I need to get to work on mine, but decided to wait until after we tell our 7 year old that we are going. So by this weekend I'll finally be working on it. Hope she can come up with some good ideas. I'm not the craftiest person.
For the patchwork part I used a product called "Steam-a-seam-lite-2" It is a webbing that is sticky on both sides and then you iron your pieces to it. It is used for appliqué, but I used it to make a sue-do quilt. Once ironed I then used a thick stitch to cover up the seams. My mother-law-laughed at how I used the product but I thought it was genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammacaryn View Post
My dowel rod was 10 inchs. It was a little wide but not in the way(it never poked anyone or anything like that) if that makes sense.I used it on the Magic and Dream.

Yours is very cute by the way
Thanks... I guess if anything our FE will be hard to miss. I mean its hard to bypass something if you have to suck your gut in to get around it I know it won't be that bad, but I can already feel my Monkisms kicking in. It is going to drive me nuts that our FE sticks out into the hallway

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaHK View Post
Very cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveDisney&Cruising View Post
Pushing the "like" button!

That's ADORABLE! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
Very nice!!!

Can't wait to see it in person, Mrs. H!!!
Thanks! I pretty sure you won't miss it. Shoot, you might have to dodge it everday being that we are neighbors

So I guess I should have primered my dowel rod first... I am having to put on quite a few layers of paint. Final product shot will have to be till tonight I should have know better than to paint without primer on wood.
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #19
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
Love it - it is great! I also just made my FE thus weekend. Had a good time - we made two - one for my mom and one for me.
Do you have a pic? I would love to see your creations? How about anyone else? I would love to see what others have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey View Post
That is PRECIOUS! I don't sew either, so I'm very impressed that you did the patchwork yourself. It looks awesome. Congrats to you two & have a great trip!
Thanks for the well wishes! Try the Steam-a-seam-lite-2... It has so many other used besides appliqué. I saw one lady use it to make bookmarks, the she just trimmed the edge of the fabric with decorative scissors. Pretty neat stuff.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #20
DISNEYaddict4evr

I finished it!!

Sorry it took so long to update, but had a hard time deciding how I wanted to hang the FE. I settled on a center tie because when the ribbon was need the ends of the dowel it detracted from the hidden mickeys

Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #21
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Great job!
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #22
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Do you have a pic? I would love to see your creations? How about anyone else? I would love to see what others have done
I made mine and my mom's...

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry it took so long to update, but had a hard time deciding how I wanted to hang the FE. I settled on a center tie because when the ribbon was need the ends of the dowel it detracted from the hidden mickeys

You did a terrific job and should be proud! I love the dowel. Where did you get it?

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama
Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Panama Canal
Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder -- 10 night Southern Caribbean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic -- 14-night Transatlantic
Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal
Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West
May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #24
DISNEYaddict4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
I made mine and my mom's...
I love the idea of using the bottle caps on the FE. How did you attach them if you don't mind me asking

By the way huge pluto fan here as well. He was my first love, but then Buzz moved in

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
You did a terrific job and should be proud! I love the dowel. Where did you get it?
Thanks

I made it. I first glued with GOOP the mickey ears to the balls. Basically sat in bed holding them there while they cured Each mickey took 10 minutes to set, maybe more. Then let sit over night. Then many coats of glossy black spray paint. Hid the glue very well
Old 11-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #25
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
I love the idea of using the bottle caps on the FE. How did you attach them if you don't mind me asking
I found these in the scrapbook section of either Michael's or Joann Fabrics (I spend way too much time at both to remember) and they already had adhesive, albeit the type designed to hold them onto paper, of course. So I used my trusty hot glue gun!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #26
Tinkerbell2B
Mouseketeer

Great job! Enjoy your cruise!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #27
Mog's Mom
Mickey Fan

If your FE is too wide for the new ships, you can hang it on your door by using a "ceramic or rare earth magnet hanger knob" (google that!), the sort you'd use for hanging a wreath on a metal door.

This means it's in your way a bit when you're going through the door, but it's out of the way of people navigating the corridors.

DVC Members Feb 2012, 4 Night Dream + AKL Villas Feb 2012, 11 night Med May 2011, AKL + Magic Western Caribbean Feb 2010 (Only *8* day Caribbean ever!), AKL + Magic Eastern Caribbean Feb 2009, AKL + Magic Western Caribbean Feb 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge Feb 2007, Wilderness Campground 2005, WDW Offsite Feb 2003, WDW Offsite Feb 2002, WDW Offsite Feb 2001, WDW Doubletree Disney Downtown Nov 1998, WDW Offsite March 1991, WDW Spring Break March 1987, WDW March 1978
Mog's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: