Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which breakfast plan is better?
Ohana 1 16.67%
1900 PF 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

1900 PF vs. Ohana for Breakfast-- Read First

We will be at WDW the week of Thanksgiving, and the morning in question is smack in the middle of the trip. The night before we will be out late seeing Fantasmic/Osborne lights and having a late dinner. Players are me and DH, and our DD (5), who is disabled. Due to her disabilities, we cannot do a full day (8am-8pm) straight through because of endurance and limitations on battery power for her ventilator.

Which leads to my question. Original plan was Ohana breakfast (done before) at 7:45 am, followed by the MK, leaving after lunch at BOG to rest at the hotel for the afternoon. Dinner at Narcoosee's at 5:45, and probably pop back into the park for a ride or two after.

A 1900 PF ressie just opened up (and I snagged) for 10:15 that morning. Never eaten there before, but dd loves Pooh and Mary Poppins, and I've heard good things. We could sleep in a little, and then just power through the day, but would have to leave the park after dinner. Also, would probably not have an appetite for lunch at BOG, lol.

Which one sounds like a nicer plan?
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendydagny View Post
We will be at WDW the week of Thanksgiving, and the morning in question is smack in the middle of the trip. The night before we will be out late seeing Fantasmic/Osborne lights and having a late dinner. Players are me and DH, and our DD (5), who is disabled. Due to her disabilities, we cannot do a full day (8am-8pm) straight through because of endurance and limitations on battery power for her ventilator.

Which leads to my question. Original plan was Ohana breakfast (done before) at 7:45 am, followed by the MK, leaving after lunch at BOG to rest at the hotel for the afternoon. Dinner at Narcoosee's at 5:45, and probably pop back into the park for a ride or two after.

A 1900 PF ressie just opened up (and I snagged) for 10:15 that morning. Never eaten there before, but dd loves Pooh and Mary Poppins, and I've heard good things. We could sleep in a little, and then just power through the day, but would have to leave the park after dinner. Also, would probably not have an appetite for lunch at BOG, lol.

Which one sounds like a nicer plan?
I like the first plan better. Do Ohana, hit the park, go for a rest, go for dinner, then the parks again.

Plus I love ohana. Great food, beautiful atmosphere, cute characters! Stitch is hilarious!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I'd do 1900 PF since you haven't done it before and because your little one likes the characters.

That said, if BOG is REALLY important to you, then I'd keep the original plan.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

You asked two different questions. I too like Ohana better for breakfast because the food is served family style, the juice is great, and Mickey is there. But, if you have never been to Park Fare and your dd likes those characters, then that is a great choice as well.

Finally, I like your original plan better of Ohana, BOG, and Narcoossee's because I like spacing out my meals and to use them as a rating period. However, we try to avoid early AM breakfasts anymore so that we can sleep in later.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: