Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #3586
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Morning all!

I hope all who are traveling are safe, all who are planning are well, and we all get to enjoy ourselves in the next month.

Super busy on this end. Trying to put the finishing touches on the wedding. Working today and tomorrow and then not again until December 17th. Excited doesn't begin to describe me right now. :D
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #3587
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
<-Kathy. I'll be the one wearing the Disney shirt.....
LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes
Wow, I'm late to the party (obviously...part FOUR!!). Anyway, we're headed to the World next Saturday!!
We'll be at BWI December 8-10, then over to the Poly (Hawaii building) December 10-15. So excited!!! We're really looking forward to spending the week with friends and dinner at Be Our Guest!
Welcome! We loved BWI :-) and the Poly, especially CL, is our favorite!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom
So, we sat in living room...in silence, with two sick kids and start thinking, "how long do the rest of us have, til we get sick...and we are 12 days til Disney!!!" I woke up this AM with a sore throat and headache...11 days to go...
Hope they are both feeling much better today and the rest of you escape :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn
23 HOURS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY!!!!!!
Wow!!!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #3588
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

In 24 hours we will be headed to the airport!!

DH FINALLY got packed last night. With the exception of toiletries, if say we are 100% ready.

Last night my left ear started clogging up... Man is that painful. I usually don't have problems with my ears, but the doc said yesterday I was really congested and it manifests in weird ways. I never have problems flying, but this could be a painful plane ride. I slept on a corn bag last night. It felt good, but I don't think it did anything. Anyone have any OTC suggestions to help clear it??

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #3589
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post

DH FINALLY got packed last night. With the exception of toiletries, if say we are 100% ready.

Last night my left ear started clogging up... Man is that painful. I usually don't have problems with my ears, but the doc said yesterday I was really congested and it manifests in weird ways. I never have problems flying, but this could be a painful plane ride. I slept on a corn bag last night. It felt good, but I don't think it did anything. Anyone have any OTC suggestions to help clear it??
So excited for you!!!!!!!! Can't wait to countdown by hours!!!
I flew once with a cold and it was miserable!!! Since then my Dr takes me seriously about pain mgmt when flying...she says take motrin about one hour before landing, sudafed, which lasts for 12 hours...it will dry you up and chew gum. It works about 75% of the time...but, I won't take any chances and fly without doing that, now. Good luck, I know how awful that can be!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #3590
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathersmom05 View Post
Hi everyone I'm Jennifer! 9 days till we leave 11 days until Disney World! Excited to spend sometime with family that lives in Orlando before Disney! DH and I are traveling this weekend as well! Christmas party in Maryland and a trip to see the Nutcracker in DC! I haven't been on a plane in about 3 years and now I will be making 2 trips in a week! East coast is a long way from Nebraska! Haven't started packing for either one

Welcome Jennifer!!! Wow, busy week for you!

Good morning everyone
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #3591
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post

If it's not FULLY clogged, grab a set of earplanes from CVS/Walgreens/Walmart. They should help.

If it's FULLY clogged, take some mucinex (generic guaifenesin). JUST the Mucinex...not the DM or stuff with other ingredients. Yes, it's an expectorant..but it will "dry out" other areas, too. Just drink lots of water. Also, try to get some ear drops containing Antipyrine and Benzocaine, (not sure if they're OTC anymore or not) and take some Tylenol (which can help reduce the inflamation in the Eustacean Tubes, which will, in turn, help the "gunk" pass out).

Finally....and this is going to sound weird...if you can, eat some spicy food just before you fly. It's a short term clear out, via the capsaicin, of your sinuses and Eustacean tubes...and likely it'll all come back if your flight is of significant duration...but it might help you get through take off, at least.

Also, chew gum and/or suck on a lollipop during take off and landing.

Last edited by pilferk; 11-28-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #3592
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk

If it's not FULLY clogged, grab a set of earplanes from CVS/Walgreens/Walmart. They should help.

If it's FULLY clogged, take some mucinex (generic guaifenesin). Yes, it's an expectorant..but it will "dry out" other areas, too. Just drink lots of water. Also, get some ear drops containing Antipyrine and Benzocaine, and take some Tylenol (which can help reduce the inflamation in the Eustacean Tubes, which will, in turn, help the "gunk" pass out).

Finally....and this is going to sound weird...if you can, eat some spicy food just before you fly. It's a short term clear out of your sinuses and Eustacean tubes...and likely it'll all come back if your flight is of significant duration...but it might help you get through take off, at least.
Thanks! I will try this. You can tell its all inner ear gunk, so this should help.

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
Old 11-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #3593
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

As we have started breaking out photos here is the most recent one of me - BE KIND IT WAS TAKEN WITH A PHONE AND I HAD NO MAKE UP ON

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm sorry ... it won't resize
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #3594
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm sorry it ended up this way but look on the bright side....you will get to go back in 10 months! I do feel old though......I saw Air Supply in concert in 1983 or 1984. Drove back to StL with my roommates from Mizzou!
I love Air Supply but have never seen them in concert. My MIL isn't much of a music or movie person. So when I found out they were her favorite I've been really excited to plan this. It's impossible to guess when they'll play though.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #3595
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

Ok, here's what I've got so far...

jwgm2012 = Gina
PhoenixStrength = Stephanie
Wedgiesock = Arwen
valgoof = Valerie
Mom2Cody06 = Christina
PrincessAurora27 = Rhoda
Maddie'sNana = Sue
Sunnysideup = Jillian
Mom2travel = kristine
Ttorrez = Terri
SAT887 = Sarah (did I remember that right from the DIS name discussion?)
M&M Girl = Margaret
Destrucsean = Sean

Phew!
I'm the other Val.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #3596
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Suggestion on ADRs: Just leave them.

We had this happen to us last October, at a late date. My mom and step-dad had to back out about 2 weeks prior to the trip (for good reason). We didn't need to cancel rooms, etc (they were staying with us in our DVC villa)...just had to modify our Dining Plan.

When we called about ADRs, the person we spoke to said the only way to modify the ADRs was to cancel and rebook. That could mean losing some of the hard to get ADRs, if the party size change resulted in no availability. She suggested leaving them the way they were and just telling the folks at the podium, when we checked in for the ADR, that our party size had changed.

She said it would NOT result in a charge to our CC for those places that require a CC guarantee. As long as we showed up, we were OK.

We did what she suggested and had no problems.
Thanks for the advice. We are dropping some entirely that we don't need but it probably makes sense to just leave the tricky ones the way they are.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #3597
MityCratar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Question:

For those of us Roll Callers NOT at WDW for X-mas (Dec 24th/25th)...what are you doing in terms of holiday prep? Scaling back? Decorating/wrapping/shopping earlier than normal?

We're flat out nuts, here. We're at WDW from the 5th - 15th. We've got 3 young kids. We're trying (and so far, so good) to get just about everything (short of baking) done before we leave for WDW. Last night, my wife and I sat down and wrapped pretty much every gift currently in the house (about 30+ packages). Shopping is pretty much done for the kids. Halls are decked (inside and out).

We ARE scaling back on the "decking". Less stuff outside and a mini-tree inside. Just makes things a bit easier.

I'd love to hear about others plans/experiences. Interesting to hear how it all fits together with the trip prep that we're all doing, too!
We're kinda same schedule.. but no chtristmas bought.. no decorations up.. all that will happen when we get back (2 days off after trip)

Btw thanks all for help on last minute deals. Not a membr of AAA but will check entertainment book
Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #3598
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Don't be - sounds like you have the Disney Fever
That's Disney Fe-vah dahling!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #3599
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no....that's a lot of security! Last June when we flew to LAX I set off the detector and had to have my hand swiped by what looked like a piece of small, round filter paper. They put it through a machine type reader....thankfully I was "clear"! I felt like I was guilty of something! When I asked the nice TSA agent what that was all about he said they were checking for "residue" on my hands!
My traveling companions were convinced the short security agent that checked me EACH time has a crush on the tall blonde chick. It got to be funny, I started calling her ms random check. She'd walk up and say excuse me, random check each of the four wandings.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #3600
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
As we have started breaking out photos here is the most recent one of me - BE KIND IT WAS TAKEN WITH A PHONE AND I HAD NO MAKE UP ON

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm sorry ... it won't resize
So glad to put a face with a name! Maybe I'll try my luck at uploading a picture sometime!!

1987 Honeymoon Off-Site, 2005 Fort Wilderness , 2010 Fort Wilderness , 2012 25th Anniversary POFQ, 2015 Fort Wilderness
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: