Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #2986
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd

12/1 here at 7PM!!! Guess who also doesn't have a suitcase out!!! Yep, that would be me!!
Me too!!! I'm going to pack tomorrow... I swear!!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #2987
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
Well, interesting morning at my house. I wanted to finish some more of my decorating and asked DH to get some things from the attic. All of a sudden I hear a crash and some load cursing. DH stepped in the wrong spot and partially crashed through the roof of our front porch. Thankfully he wasn't injured but now we have an unexpected repair bill three weeks before Disney and a month before Christmas. I left a message for my bil, who is a contractor, hoping it will be easier to repair than it looks.
Ouch!! So glad he is okay at least. Fingers crossed that it is easy (and cheap!) to repair.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #2988
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

I still have three weekends before WDW if I'm counting this weekend. I was thinking of packing, so I might get my suitcase down today or tomorrow. I actually have a quick overnight trip on the 8th, so that'll be a good time for me to get all of my toiletries and whatnot together, which is normally the very last thing I do, since it's kind of a pain. Haha!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #2989
rachdd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Me too!!! I'm going to pack tomorrow... I swear!!
Lol! Sure you are! I am not even kidding myself. Hopefully, I will put up the rest of my Christmas decor tomorrow and Monday and will have the suitcases out by Wednesday. Fingers crossed but I am sure I will be packing Friday night. Ugh, it's the nature of the beast.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #2990
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers
Well, interesting morning at my house. I wanted to finish some more of my decorating and asked DH to get some things from the attic. All of a sudden I hear a crash and some load cursing. DH stepped in the wrong spot and partially crashed through the roof of our front porch. Thankfully he wasn't injured but now we have an unexpected repair bill three weeks before Disney and a month before Christmas. I left a message for my bil, who is a contractor, hoping it will be easier to repair than it looks.
Oh geez! At least he wasn't hurt. I bet the repair won't be as painful as your first think. I always assume the worst
Old 11-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #2991
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I need to vent a bit as I'm very unhappy with Small World Vacations right now.

As I said earlier this week, I was supposed to get my Mickey Mail last week from SMV and didn't. On Sunday I emailed my TA and she told me that they had received the paperwork but it was wrong so she requested new paperwork. She emailed me again Tuesday that they had received the correct paperwork and she mailed it Priority Mail that day.

So the update: I received it yesterday, but it was only the luggage tags and coupons you get with a package. I emailed her again last night that I didn't get the DME packet and DME luggage tags. She called me this morning and told me she screwed up. When she ordered the new paperwork she didn't ask for new DME info, and tossed the old stuff. So I won't get the tags or packet since I leave in 5 days and there is no time. Now, I do know I can just go to the desk and still take DME, and I was planning on getting my luggage myself anyway, but I'm still not happy about this. I was planning on using the packet and tags in my scrapbooking for the trip, and now I can't. Not to mention how much stress it's added to an already stressful week right before my trip.

Yes, SMV is free, but that doesn't make it okay to screw up. If anything it's worse since I have no recourse and they have no real incentive to not make mistakes like this. While I certainly won't let it ruin my vacation, I will also certainly never use SMV again, even if it did save me money since they had an exclusive discount. I do plan on saying something to them about the mistakes and my displeasure about them, as well as telling them the good things too since that's only fair.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Here's hoping nothing else goes wrong before I leave!!!
Free or not, mistakes such as this are not acceptable! What if you had 4 kids with you in tow? You would have NEEDED that DME to pick up your luggage as you would have had plenty of other things to keep your brain occupied at the airport! I always have a problem with companies that don't make good on promises!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #2992
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
DH randomly does this stuff too. My favorite was about a month ago when he decided DSis would really like to go to that BOG restaurant so we should get reservations.
We really do work magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I'm hoping my MIL will watch the kids next October. I wish DH would ask her already! I think he just expects me to do it : I think because we get a long so well he forgets I guess if I have to wait for a 7 month window it's not doing any harm! However I would like to know what the thoughts were 3 vs 4 nights....
Dh asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I originally said that our vacation was our christmas to each other......then I amended my comment to include "a bounce-back offer for next October"! Keeping fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
Oh no! Take a deep breath. He wasn't hurt at least....hoping your BIL can perform a Christmas miracle and make this a cheap and easy fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd View Post
Lol! Sure you are! I am not even kidding myself. Hopefully, I will put up the rest of my Christmas decor tomorrow and Monday and will have the suitcases out by Wednesday. Fingers crossed but I am sure I will be packing Friday night. Ugh, it's the nature of the beast.
Well, I vacuumed the living room and dusted the entertainment center and piano......now we just need to rearrange a few things and have dh bring up my tree from the basement. I haven't started decorating but I have packed
Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #2993
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers
I'm glad he's not hurt. Hopefully it'll be a cheap fix :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack
Free or not, mistakes such as this are not acceptable! What if you had 4 kids with you in tow? You would have NEEDED that DME to pick up your luggage as you would have had plenty of other things to keep your brain occupied at the airport! I always have a problem with companies that don't make good on promises!
That's what I was thinking.

So amid all the chaos of the holidays, work, our trip quickly approaching, etc we, and specifically DS, got some good news - his first college acceptance came in. Yay!!!!
Just had to share. I'm so excited for him and a little in shock that it is all so real now!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #2994
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Technically you can still get DME to pick up your luggage without the official tags, you have to go to the DME desk to check-in and give them all of the luggage vouchers you got when you checked them and they will still pick them up and deliver them. It does add yet another step though and would be frustrating if you were overwhelmed with other things already.

I agree that no matter if you pay for a service or not, and no matter how much you pay if you do, you should get what you are promised. My TA was always nice and polite, but the number of mistakes are unacceptable.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 11-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #2995
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

Yeah! I don't know how I'm going to handle next week....I'm already a freak now!

I just placed my Walmart order to be delivered to our room at POR. It's going to be there when we arrive! Yeah for Walmart! Yeah for coffee pods and chocolate creamer and 3' christmas trees and water and chocolate oreos!
Wondering how early I should order mine. It's Amazon Prime 2-Day but I want to leave some leeway to make sure it's there. I'm just getting the tree and air bed because I have to pay that resort fee on every box.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #2996
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
I need to vent a bit as I'm very unhappy with Small World Vacations right now.

As I said earlier this week, I was supposed to get my Mickey Mail last week from SMV and didn't. On Sunday I emailed my TA and she told me that they had received the paperwork but it was wrong so she requested new paperwork. She emailed me again Tuesday that they had received the correct paperwork and she mailed it Priority Mail that day.

So the update: I received it yesterday, but it was only the luggage tags and coupons you get with a package. I emailed her again last night that I didn't get the DME packet and DME luggage tags. She called me this morning and told me she screwed up. When she ordered the new paperwork she didn't ask for new DME info, and tossed the old stuff. So I won't get the tags or packet since I leave in 5 days and there is no time. Now, I do know I can just go to the desk and still take DME, and I was planning on getting my luggage myself anyway, but I'm still not happy about this. I was planning on using the packet and tags in my scrapbooking for the trip, and now I can't. Not to mention how much stress it's added to an already stressful week right before my trip.

Yes, SMV is free, but that doesn't make it okay to screw up. If anything it's worse since I have no recourse and they have no real incentive to not make mistakes like this. While I certainly won't let it ruin my vacation, I will also certainly never use SMV again, even if it did save me money since they had an exclusive discount. I do plan on saying something to them about the mistakes and my displeasure about them, as well as telling them the good things too since that's only fair.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Here's hoping nothing else goes wrong before I leave!!!
I agree that's unacceptably unprofessional.

I wouldn't stress over DME though. We've done it without the tags before and had no problems. You just give them your claim check numbers and a description. It was super easy.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #2997
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachdd

I have suitcases out. There's just not anything in them. I think packing is the part that's stressing me the least. I have lists for that.

9 Days!!! Single-digit dance!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #2998
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Guess who just completed online check in for the first time ever ----- this girl (pointing at myself proudly). I can't believe we are in single digits! 8 days until we leave and 9 till we check in.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #2999
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06
Guess who just completed online check in for the first time ever ----- this girl (pointing at myself proudly). I can't believe we are in single digits! 8 days until we leave and 9 till we check in.
Congrats!
You are making me so excited!!!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #3000
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

WedgieSock - What herbs are you using for pain relief? I've tried Arnica in the past, it helps but it's not as effective as Tylenol.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: