Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #2971
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I understand! Hubby is just starting to do his own research on our trip which is cracking me up as I've already done just about everything....but I appreciate his interest in the whole thing. Originally he told me to just tell him where and when we have to go and he'll be there
DH randomly does this stuff too. My favorite was about a month ago when he decided DSis would really like to go to that BOG restaurant so we should get reservations.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #2972
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

Look at it this way....your kids are getting very special one-on-one time with their grandmother! You can't put a price on that. I absolutely adored my paternal grandfather....your kids will never forget this week!
I'm very lucky my parents are keeping them and that they love to spend so much time with them. Some day they'll be "to old" for stuff. Taking advantage of it now for sure. I love the memories they'll have.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #2973
melissac
DIS Veteran

Getting so excited . One week from today we will be at WDW

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #2974
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

My parents have left my in-laws and are on their way back to Northern Wisconsin with our dog in tow. DS is sad and doesn't understand why she has to go to Mimma and Papa's and why can't he go with her...waiting for Thursday is going to be torture!!!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #2975
lovedisney50
Mouseketeer

We leave 5:30am from central New York. It is myself, dh, dn, sil with 3 cousins joining us from CA. We plan on arriving at okw @ 1pm with a side trip on the way to hh so dn can spend time on a beach. I have really enjoyed reading this thread once I figured out how to find it. lol
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #2976
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
Getting so excited . One week from today we will be at WDW
Yeah! I don't know how I'm going to handle next week....I'm already a freak now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
My parents have left my in-laws and are on their way back to Northern Wisconsin with our dog in tow. DS is sad and doesn't understand why she has to go to Mimma and Papa's and why can't he go with her...waiting for Thursday is going to be torture!!!

I just placed my Walmart order to be delivered to our room at POR. It's going to be there when we arrive! Yeah for Walmart! Yeah for coffee pods and chocolate creamer and 3' christmas trees and water and chocolate oreos!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #2977
happy tink
happy tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
I might be fourth among the semi-regular posters ... I leave at 4p on the 29th and arrive at 9:30p on the 30th.
When is your cruise? Are you going on the Dream?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #2978
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I need to vent a bit as I'm very unhappy with Small World Vacations right now.

As I said earlier this week, I was supposed to get my Mickey Mail last week from SMV and didn't. On Sunday I emailed my TA and she told me that they had received the paperwork but it was wrong so she requested new paperwork. She emailed me again Tuesday that they had received the correct paperwork and she mailed it Priority Mail that day.

So the update: I received it yesterday, but it was only the luggage tags and coupons you get with a package. I emailed her again last night that I didn't get the DME packet and DME luggage tags. She called me this morning and told me she screwed up. When she ordered the new paperwork she didn't ask for new DME info, and tossed the old stuff. So I won't get the tags or packet since I leave in 5 days and there is no time. Now, I do know I can just go to the desk and still take DME, and I was planning on getting my luggage myself anyway, but I'm still not happy about this. I was planning on using the packet and tags in my scrapbooking for the trip, and now I can't. Not to mention how much stress it's added to an already stressful week right before my trip.

Yes, SMV is free, but that doesn't make it okay to screw up. If anything it's worse since I have no recourse and they have no real incentive to not make mistakes like this. While I certainly won't let it ruin my vacation, I will also certainly never use SMV again, even if it did save me money since they had an exclusive discount. I do plan on saying something to them about the mistakes and my displeasure about them, as well as telling them the good things too since that's only fair.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Here's hoping nothing else goes wrong before I leave!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #2979
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06

DH is getting excited too. We went over my spreadsheet the other night and he was saying things he did and didn't want to do. I'm so flipping excited. I feel horrible not taking the kids but I know they'll love their week with Mom-Mom and they only know we are going to Fla. They don't put two and two together and realize that WDW is in Fla. Otherwise we'd be in trouble at least with DS6
I'm hoping my MIL will watch the kids next October. I wish DH would ask her already! I think he just expects me to do it : I think because we get a long so well he forgets I guess if I have to wait for a 7 month window it's not doing any harm! However I would like to know what the thoughts were 3 vs 4 nights....
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #2980
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

As I said earlier this week, I was supposed to get my Mickey Mail last week from SMV and didn't. On Sunday I emailed my TA and she told me that they had received the paperwork but it was wrong so she requested new paperwork. She emailed me again Tuesday that they had received the correct paperwork and she mailed it Priority Mail that day.

So the update: I received it yesterday, but it was only the luggage tags and coupons you get with a package. I emailed her again last night that I didn't get the DME packet and DME luggage tags. She called me this morning and told me she screwed up. When she ordered the new paperwork she didn't ask for new DME info, and tossed the old stuff. So I won't get the tags or packet since I leave in 5 days and there is no time. Now, I do know I can just go to the desk and still take DME, and I was planning on getting my luggage myself anyway, but I'm still not happy about this. I was planning on using the packet and tags in my scrapbooking for the trip, and now I can't. Not to mention how much stress it's added to an already stressful week right before my trip.

Yes, SMV is free, but that doesn't make it okay to screw up. If anything it's worse since I have no recourse and they have no real incentive to not make mistakes like this. While I certainly won't let it ruin my vacation, I will also certainly never use SMV again, even if it did save me money since they had an exclusive discount. I do plan on saying something to them about the mistakes and my displeasure about them, as well as telling them the good things too since that's only fair.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. Here's hoping nothing else goes wrong before I leave!!!
Breathe! Disney is just days away!!!

How are you feeling? DH & I are sick kids are healthy though which in the end is all that matters for that flight!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #2981
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Terri - I'm sorry to hear your FIL might not be up to the trip.

Sean - I love hearing about your wedding! It's wonderful how excited you are, and I like hearing this from a guys perspective.

Taaren - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I'm happy that he seems to be doing better.

I think we may go see Rise of the Guardians today or maybe Wreck-it-Ralph.

I didn't do any shopping on BF. We don't really need anything. I do need a new long winter coat but I'm waiting to buy that until after we get back from Disney.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #2982
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

Can you contact DME directly? We booked really late once, and I had to call for DME tags. They overnighted them to me.

it will all be ok in a few days when you are at wdw!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #2983
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Breathe! Disney is just days away!!!

How are you feeling? DH & I are sick kids are healthy though which in the end is all that matters for that flight!
I'm much better now that I vented about it!

I feel...okay?? Still a little stuffy and sinuses bugging me, but no worse so I'm hoping the Airborne is helping and by Thursday I'll be fine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Can you contact DME directly? We booked really late once, and I had to call for DME tags. They overnighted them to me.

it will all be ok in a few days when you are at wdw!
Because she booked it for me it has to go to SMV, then me, and I guess she doesn't think they could get it in time since it would need to be overnighted to them on Monday, then overnighted to me on Tuesday since I'll be at the airport 5am Thursday.

I'm just focusing on the being at WDW soon part. I know it will all be okay. And I might still have my packet from February to use pieces from for my scrapbooking, I'm going to look in a bit.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #2984
rachdd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

I arrive on 11/30 at 9:50
12/1 here at 7PM!!! Guess who also doesn't have a suitcase out!!! Yep, that would be me!!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #2985
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Well, interesting morning at my house. I wanted to finish some more of my decorating and asked DH to get some things from the attic. All of a sudden I hear a crash and some load cursing. DH stepped in the wrong spot and partially crashed through the roof of our front porch. Thankfully he wasn't injured but now we have an unexpected repair bill three weeks before Disney and a month before Christmas. I left a message for my bil, who is a contractor, hoping it will be easier to repair than it looks.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: