Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #2941
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,426

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn
DH just reminded me to post this. Can't believe I forgot!

Back in either the 2nd or 3rd incarnation of this thread I mentioned that we were trying to get together with friends of ours that were originally going 12/5-15. Well those plans fell through as they had to postpone to April. However, there is a bright side for DH at least. A friend and co-worker of his is going to be in Epcot on the 30th which happens to be the day we are going to be there. DH asked if I wouldn't mind if they had a drink together. Of course, I'm fine with it.

How often is it that someone you know happens to be going to the same place you are on the same day? All without planning together.
We were there once and friends of ours overlapped with us for a day or so around their cruise, but we hadn't compared plans. We were walking around world showcase, and were going to get into line to see B&B but it was long and CM said we wouldn't make it to the front before they went in. So we start walking again and out of the corner of my eye I see my friend who is further up in the line. That was fun! And DD got a photo with her BFF and B&B :-)
__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #2942
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,426

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde
We bought our APs and our MVMCP tickets today! Can I start packing yet?
Yay!!
And yes :-)
__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #2943
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 353

LOL, I'm an idiot and didn't even post the date! We fly on the 29th too. I know we leave earlier, but I doubt we land earlier since we have a connecting flight in Houston and we're flying all the way from Alberta.
__________________
Me , DH , DS (12) , DD (9) , DS (6) , DS (5)
sahmoffour is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #2944
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel

We were there once and friends of ours overlapped with us for a day or so around their cruise, but we hadn't compared plans. We were walking around world showcase, and were going to get into line to see B&B but it was long and CM said we wouldn't make it to the front before they went in. So we start walking again and out of the corner of my eye I see my friend who is further up in the line. That was fun! And DD got a photo with her BFF and B&B :-)
Ooo we also ran into someone we worked with at DTD 2 years ago. We didn't even know he was going to WDW - he worked outside of our buildings.
SAT887 is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #2945
Valgoof
DIS Veteran
 
Valgoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,100

I would just like to say Dec Disers rock!! I am a happy girl!!

That's all. Carry on.
__________________
Me DH

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #2946
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
I would just like to say Dec Disers rock!! I am a happy girl!!

That's all. Carry on.
Yes we do!!

I wish I knew all the little icons on my phone!
SAT887 is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #2947
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
He is in the Ohio State MB. He is a music ed major and wants to teach at a middle school and help with the high school marching season.
I can't repeat here what dh says about your match up for this weekend. It wasn't nice regarding your opponent! Fun weekend of rival games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
DH just reminded me to post this. Can't believe I forgot!

Back in either the 2nd or 3rd incarnation of this thread I mentioned that we were trying to get together with friends of ours that were originally going 12/5-15. Well those plans fell through as they had to postpone to April. However, there is a bright side for DH at least. A friend and co-worker of his is going to be in Epcot on the 30th which happens to be the day we are going to be there. DH asked if I wouldn't mind if they had a drink together. Of course, I'm fine with it.

How often is it that someone you know happens to be going to the same place you are on the same day? All without planning together.
Fun! I think it would be funny to see someone we knew while at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Just checking in everyone. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We really didn't shop today, although I did go to Target and a get a sweater that was on sale. The rest of my purchases were not on sale at all. Sometimes you just need stuff from Target

I am still sick. Tomorrow will be a week of this horrible cough. I have gone through two bottles of cough sryup. Bought Mucinex today, so hoping that helps. It better, that stuff was $11 for 12 pills. 8 days to go so hoping it is long gone by Monday....

I need to start making a packing/stuff to buy list. I still have no idea what I will be wearing. I am going to keep checking the weather before I make my final decisions. I usually buy a lot of new shirts and pants for a trip, but this time it is been hard to find stuff I want to wear. I think I am going to hit a smaller mall and see what I can find tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night!
Hubby and I are wearing our Cardinal's jerseys on the plane.....I have no idea what temperature it's going to be here in StL but I am not wearing a jacket! I would still like to find a cute dress for our evenings out. I have one maxi dress packed but I really rather buy a new one Keep stocked up with drugs....no sickies at WDW!
__________________
ksromack is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #2948
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
We bought our APs and our MVMCP tickets today! Can I start packing yet?
Yes you should! I was excited beyond belief when our MVMCP tickets arrived! We leave in 2 weeks. I've been packed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I would just like to say Dec Disers rock!! I am a happy girl!!

That's all. Carry on.
That's right......we be bad.
__________________
ksromack is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #2949
Valgoof
DIS Veteran
 
Valgoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I can't repeat here what dh says about your match up for this weekend. It wasn't nice regarding your opponent! Fun weekend of rival games!
Lol. I love it! My brother's name is James. This week every year, he changes his name on fb to Jaes, to get rid of the M and he posts a joke each day. We will be on campus in the morning, but will come home to watch the game. Go Bucks!
__________________
Me DH

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #2950
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post


Countdown time!!!! What we've all been working towards .... IS. FINALLY. IN. REACH *screams*

Ok, panic time *runs round in circles* who leaves first - and I mean right down to the minute, the very first roll-caller???? *breathes*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Our flight time is at 9:10 a.m. Eastern time on 11/29. We arrive in FL at 12:15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Ok *frantically swishes around in the drawer full of crayons, stickers & silly bands desperate for a real grown up writing implement!!*

I'm making a list to work out who is going first ... so far cybrkitn is in first place *the crowds roars* .... not sure what the prize is yet

cybrkitn 29 Nov 09.10am EST
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Awesome idea!



1st : cybrkitn 29 Nov
2nd: SAT887 30 Nov
My flight leaves 6:55am and lands at MCO at 9:10am on Nov 29th, so looks like I have cybkitn beaten by about 3 hours!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #2951
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Lol. I love it! My brother's name is James. This week every year, he changes his name on fb to Jaes, to get rid of the M and he posts a joke each day. We will be on campus in the morning, but will come home to watch the game. Go Bucks!
I know a song too........Hail to the M*^%$# bleepers.......
I had to read your comment outloud to dh before I "got" it.
__________________
ksromack is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #2952
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
My flight leaves 6:55am and lands at MCO at 9:10am on Nov 29th, so looks like I have cybkitn beaten by about 3 hours!
You are our current leader

1st : PhoenixStrength 29 Nov 9.10am!
2nd : cybrkitn 29 Nov
3rd: SAT887 30 Nov
WedgieSock is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #2953
happy tink
happy tink
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Not at all!

You're a guy. And you're talking about the wedding. Girls like that kinda thing .... huge bonus points

The thing is, and again, especially for a guy, its not always easy to find someone, other than the bride-to-be, to talk to about all the little day-to-day stuff/worries/excitement etc so being able to post on here (I think) is a great way for you to channel those emotions.

So. Talk as much as you like about your wedding - its a big deal!
I feel exactly the same, as Wedgie. I enjoy hearing how excited you are; from a male point of view. I think your wife, to be, is a lucky lady! And as far as the photos, it's about time we got some Porn on this thread.
happy tink is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #2954
happy tink
happy tink
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 219

Taaren

Prayers and positive thoughts to Grandfather and to all our under the weather and recovering dis friends & their families.
happy tink is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #2955
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
You are our current leader

1st : PhoenixStrength 29 Nov 9.10am!
2nd : cybrkitn 29 Nov
3rd: SAT887 30 Nov
I might be fourth among the semi-regular posters ... I leave at 4p on the 29th and arrive at 9:30p on the 30th.
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: