Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #2926
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post

Val, I must have missed this tidbit regarding your bro. Is he in the high school marching band or college? My sweet sil (who passed away 1.5 years ago) was a music teacher/high school band leader in Youngstown. I love half-time shows!
He is in the Ohio State MB. He is a music ed major and wants to teach at a middle school and help with the high school marching season.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #2927
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

Our flight time is at 9:10 a.m. Eastern time on 11/29. We arrive in FL at 12:15.
Oh my goodness!!!! That is only 5 1/2 more days!!!!!!! Yay for you!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #2928
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Ok *frantically swishes around in the drawer full of crayons, stickers & silly bands desperate for a real grown up writing implement!!*

I'm making a list to work out who is going first ... so far cybrkitn is in first place *the crowds roars* .... not sure what the prize is yet

cybrkitn 29 Nov 09.10am EST
Old 11-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #2929
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Thanks for all the well wishes. FIL is recovering. It's just taking him longer than he had hoped. On the plus side he lost more weight as a result and he told me his diabetes has never been this good since he was diagnosed. He was able to indulge in things like Thanksgiving pie.
You are looking at things in the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Guess they run Internet searches for complaints. Never saw a company post in a message board before.
That's what I thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Yep, we should probably all start taking Airborne as preventive measures if we're not sick already! I meant to get a flu shot and somehow missed it this year ...

That's something of a silver lining at least ... when is the drop-dead date on needing the decision?
Don't laugh, but today I went to the pharmacy at my hospital today and bought Ibuprofen, Pseudoephedrine, hubby's stomach stuff, my Allegra, and Airborne! Yep, I'm going to be proactive! It's already packed! Along that same note......my big suitcase (the largest of the new set I bought in May) is already packed......and I sort of freaked out for a moment thinking that if it's full, it'll be over the 50 pounds allotted by SW. Weighed it today. It weights 51 pounds. So I went through and took out all things christmas decoration related and threw that in my carry on. Now we're down to 47 pounds. Whew! Crisis averted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I told DH tonight that 3 weeks from tonight, or 2 weeks from tonight, I will be driving him bonkers with my last minute excitement and packing.
I guess I never realized that I've kept a lot of my planning quiet from dh. I mean I drive myself crazy and didn't want to make him bonkers as well......so he texts me today with a website I've already committed to memory (Wedgie, it's Andre's website, portorleans dot org). He thought I would be interested in checking out that site. Then he told me how much our taxi would be from the airport to Royal Pacific Resort...... I didn't have the heart to tell him I've pretty much got everything covered!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #2930
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Ok *frantically swishes around in the drawer full of crayons, stickers & silly bands desperate for a real grown up writing implement!!*

I'm making a list to work out who is going first ... so far cybrkitn is in first place *the crowds roars* .... not sure what the prize is yet

Im pretty sure the prize is a trip to Disney World.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #2931
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

I arrive on 11/30 at 9:50
Old 11-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #2932
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Im pretty sure the prize is a trip to Disney World.
Awesome idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I arrive on 11/30 at 9:50
1st : cybrkitn 29 Nov
2nd: SAT887 30 Nov
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #2933
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
*gasps* it could be YOU then. Our very first one to fly the nest <<<< imagine that smilie really, really big HA!
I'll try and post once we get back to the room each night, but it all depends on how I'm feeling and if DH's laptop or iPad are available (meaning that DH and DS are not using them).

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #2934
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
I suspect that once everyone is past the holiday weekend, we will pick up the pace. Especially since some people leave next week!
I just threw-up a little in my mouth. I'm starting a minor freak-out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
I'm so excited for all the folks who are in the single digits. We're still 19 days away here, but that's OK. My ADRs are finally finalized and I just need to pack and figure out my morning touring plans for each part. Not bad.
15 days out here.......and 10 working days.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #2935
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Our flight leaves here at 6:23 am on the 29th, (MST which is 8:23 am Eastern Time), but we don't land until 4:51 (Florida time). Do I win?

Oh, and gee thanks Purolator for replying to my rant. How kind and weird all at the same time. I really wasn't even complaining about Purolator though, just Toys R Us.

I feel so unprepared! We leave our house next Wednesday after the kids get home from school since we're staying in a hotel by the airport the night before our flight. I haven't even pulled out the suitcases yet! We have Christmas shopping allll day tomorrow, then putting up tree on Sunday, cleaning the house from top to bottom, then Monday is my volunteer day at the school, then Tuesday is P/T interviews that evening, then Wednesday I have to finish packing and tidying and laundry and meeting with housesitters and going over chores....

I know it'll all get done one way or another, but I think my schedule is so packed the next few days that I can't even focus yet on being excited for the trip. I'll get excited after a nice long nap (kid permitting!) on the plane!

Last edited by sahmoffour; 11-23-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #2936
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

DH just reminded me to post this. Can't believe I forgot!

Back in either the 2nd or 3rd incarnation of this thread I mentioned that we were trying to get together with friends of ours that were originally going 12/5-15. Well those plans fell through as they had to postpone to April. However, there is a bright side for DH at least. A friend and co-worker of his is going to be in Epcot on the 30th which happens to be the day we are going to be there. DH asked if I wouldn't mind if they had a drink together. Of course, I'm fine with it.

How often is it that someone you know happens to be going to the same place you are on the same day? All without planning together.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #2937
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Just checking in everyone. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We really didn't shop today, although I did go to Target and a get a sweater that was on sale. The rest of my purchases were not on sale at all. Sometimes you just need stuff from Target

I am still sick. Tomorrow will be a week of this horrible cough. I have gone through two bottles of cough sryup. Bought Mucinex today, so hoping that helps. It better, that stuff was $11 for 12 pills. 8 days to go so hoping it is long gone by Monday....

I need to start making a packing/stuff to buy list. I still have no idea what I will be wearing. I am going to keep checking the weather before I make my final decisions. I usually buy a lot of new shirts and pants for a trip, but this time it is been hard to find stuff I want to wear. I think I am going to hit a smaller mall and see what I can find tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great night!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #2938
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn
DH just reminded me to post this. Can't believe I forgot!

Back in either the 2nd or 3rd incarnation of this thread I mentioned that we were trying to get together with friends of ours that were originally going 12/5-15. Well those plans fell through as they had to postpone to April. However, there is a bright side for DH at least. A friend and co-worker of his is going to be in Epcot on the 30th which happens to be the day we are going to be there. DH asked if I wouldn't mind if they had a drink together. Of course, I'm fine with it.

How often is it that someone you know happens to be going to the same place you are on the same day? All without planning together.
Happened to me on the Sunday before Halloween - ran into a friend from NJ who now lives in VT :D
Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #2939
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

We bought our APs and our MVMCP tickets today! Can I start packing yet?

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #2940
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmoffour View Post
Our flight leaves here at 6:23 am (MST which is 8:23 am Eastern Time), but we don't land until 4:51. Do I win?
What date? If its the 29th then it depends what time cybrkitn arrives oooh, its a tight race!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: