Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #2911
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Sending good thoughts for your grandfather :
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Taaren- I hope they figure out a safe option to help with your grandfather. : Good Luck at the hospital.
Thanks. I spent a few hours with him today, and it wasn't as bad as it originally seemed. Last night he didn't have control of his legs, but when I got there it was all we could do to keep him in bed, he kept wanting to get up and go make himself a sandwich. He's disoriented and in a lot of pain from the fall, but as long as he's ambulatory he's a fairly happy camper. I mainly don't like the idea of the choice for him being between the ability to walk and a surgery he's not likely to survive, which was the choice we were potentially looking at when we first took him to the ER. He'll be 90 in a few months, and has said multiple times he's okay with the idea of dying as long as he never has to be bedridden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
Wow. It sounds like we need an economy size box of Airborne or Zycam! So sorry that several of you are feeling bad. Hopefully it will pass quickly.
Yep, we should probably all start taking Airborne as preventive measures if we're not sick already! I meant to get a flu shot and somehow missed it this year ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
So I'm still pretty emotional and quite exhausted. But I started moving to Plan B.

I haven't cancelled the room yet because its still their prerogative to make the final decision. But DH told me to start booking some of the Plan B ADRs which will auto-cancel some of Plan A.

Thanks for all the well wishes. FIL is recovering. It's just taking him longer than he had hoped. On the plus side he lost more weight as a result and he told me his diabetes has never been this good since he was diagnosed. He was able to indulge in things like Thanksgiving pie.
That's something of a silver lining at least ... when is the drop-dead date on needing the decision?
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #2912
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Wedgie, great response!! Have fun at AG tomorrow

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #2913
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I told DH tonight that 3 weeks from tonight, or 2 weeks from tonight, I will be driving him bonkers with my last minute excitement and packing.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #2914
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Oh Wedgie!!

How was Bronwyn's birthday? Are you ready for your AG shopping?
We had a lovely day thanks - we laid round in our pyjamas and played board games, ate ice-cream and she played with her new dolls. She is a doll freak, she collects them and has shelves lined with collectibles. Saves every penny for them. So that she had something to open on her birthday we got a Monster High doll (Lagoona Blue) and so did her grandparents (Abbey Bominable) and tomorrow is the big AG day so she is very excited! I have no idea where she gets the doll collecting thing from

Old 11-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #2915
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
Had a nice coupon for the local craft shop so I got some stuff to do a scrapbook post trip. It won't be ANYWHERE as cool/fancy as some of you true scrapbookers, but it will be something. hahah.

That's the extend of my BF shopping. The rest of the day will be spent chasing our 2 yo around the house or playground.

Hope you all are having an enjoyable day!
Oh, I love scrapbook shopping but since they closed the Archiver's 15 minutes from my house, I haven't bought a thing (which is probably a blessing in disguise)! I'm sure there are things I really need, though. I really need to get back in the swing of scrapbooking and these Disney trips usually give me a much needed kick in the pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Ok, so I almost don't want to report this because its hard just thinking about it, but we're back to Plan B. still not official enough to cancel the ressies but at this point none of us see a way to make Plan A work.

Last week at the family party FIL looked good and we decided to go with Plan A plus wheelchair. So I booked the chair and spent the week working on decorations for both rooms. What I did not realize was that for the next two days after the party, he could barely move around the house. It's not just a question of how far he can walk, but how long he can even sit up without exhausting himself. Yesterday they came over around 2pm and by 6pm his back hurt from sitting up and supporting the neck brace. He just isn't going to be able to do it and he'll likely be miserable if he tries.

I'm at work until 1pm today. So trying not to think too hard.
Oh, NO! I'm really sorry for the disappointment, Terri. I hate to say it but better to realize this now than later. It just takes longer for people to heal the older they/we get. He probably needs to concentrate on getting better and it may take longer than originally expected.

Quote:
Just saw a Chef Mickey for 7:35 am 12/8, Crystal Palace 8:05 am 12/7....
Both for a party of 6....
Sigh. I'm still hoping for a Crystal Palace one of my MK mornings! I really think it's just the luck of the draw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
I'm off to the hospital today. Last night we thought my grandfather had a stroke but it turns out its just large amounts of fluid on the brain, which explains a lot of other problems he's been having. Now we're waiting on the neurologist for a recommendation since surgery isn't a good idea at his age.
I hope they get all this straightened out ASAP. Poor guy
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #2916
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Ok guys- we have 6 days and 55 pages to do! Can you do it? Oil don't want to search for a thread to post live update pics from!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #2917
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Ok guys- we have 6 days and 55 pages to do! Can you do it? Oil don't want to search for a thread to post live update pics from!!
I suspect that once everyone is past the holiday weekend, we will pick up the pace. Especially since some people leave next week!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #2918
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887
Of course we can!'nn

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #2919
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Countdown time!!!! What we've all been working towards .... IS. FINALLY. IN. REACH *screams*

Ok, panic time *runs round in circles* who leaves first - and I mean right down to the minute, the very first roll-caller???? *breathes*
Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #2920
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Countdown time!!!! What we've all been working towards .... IS. FINALLY. IN. REACH *screams*

Ok, panic time *runs round in circles* who leaves first - and I mean right down to the minute, the very first roll-caller???? *breathes*
It's not me! And wow how did autocorrect come up with Oil???
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #2921
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited for all the folks who are in the single digits. We're still 19 days away here, but that's OK. My ADRs are finally finalized and I just need to pack and figure out my morning touring plans for each part. Not bad.

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies

Last edited by grrrlennyl; 11-23-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #2922
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

These are all our Nov thru Dec roll-call arrivals - some of our regulars are on there haha as I'm typing this in my head I can hear *adopts deep manly voice* 5 .... 4 .... 3 .... 2 .... 1 .... BLAST OFF!!!

AnnieDan_Artlover: BLT
8gr8mouseketeers: POR
PDJPrinceCharming: AS Sports
lukikam: AKV Jambo
sunnysideup3: POR-Royal
capecod POR-Royal
Mommy2janda: AoA
disbride555: BCV
Princess Bette: FW Campground
tpettie: AS Music
Luv2CtheMouse: BLT/AKV/THV
sjs314: BWI
katiekoester: POP/POFQ
ciao_gina: AKL
trixidixie: CR
cybrkitn: CBR
freddydiser021: AoA
Allieran3: AoA
Disney-Chick: AoA
tiarabob1: AoA
DsnyMama: AKV/CSR
purple AS Movies
Mick&Minn: AoA
tiggore91
SAT887: AKL/OKW
mandas08: POP
WendyBelle: POP
ollymn: BWV/AKL/SSR
shopgirl72: POP
DISNEYLOVER70: CBR
ILikeWaffles: POR-Royal/CSR
srauchbauer: SSR
k3mommy: AoA
dromio42
jodebode: POFQ
Jessala: POR
Scottheartsdisney: POP
ffcheff
hollygolitely93
LUVMICKEY: SSR/BLT
chefmb: BC
1153rsmith: AoA
hummingbird149
melaniesposa: AoA
JoyEmBee: WL
sahmoffour: SSR
raydurz: POP
monica9: WL
lost4disney: OKW
summerw: AoA
PhoenixStrength: POP
WillAustin: GF
mnmrmustard: POP
DisneyEars116
lovedisney50
Aunt Peggy
alyssa810: AS Music
doombuqqy: AKV

*Eminen sings* Will the first December roll-caller please stand up ....
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #2923
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
We had a good thanksgiving, today instead of Black Friday shopping we visited with family and then hubby taught me how to shoot his new glock. Y'all are safe from zombies if I'm around, 10 yards at least. Lol.
I love to hear things like this......which is, of course, what the holidays are all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
We are less than a month from our trip!! I am freaking out..don't feel prepared at all. Have a list of must do rides and attractions. Haven't picked out which parks for what days. The only day I have planned so far is Christmas day. We are heading to the beach for that day. Taking it easy..lol. Feel like I should have soo much more planned. We aren't doing any ADRs..so I'm good there. Just feeling really really nervous.
Sometimes it's fun to fly by the seat of your pants! Since you don't have any ADRs, there really isn't any need to be anywhere at any certain time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
I tred to but couldn't do it. I make cookies very year the day after Thanksgiving for our village parade (which is usually about 2.5 hours long and it's not even a big village). the reason it's long is b/c they have several fire depts from other towns in it that really shouldn't be. It's like the major holiday parade for the township and all three of us are in the parade
I have NO idea when I'll be doing my christmas cookie baking! I baked over 30 doz cookies last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
No shopping for me today. Hung out with my brother this morning and then DH and I saw Skyfall with BIL and family. Then we went to the grocery store and are now watching Buckeye basketball. An exciting Friday night.
Tomorrow my brother will march in his last football game. He is ready to be done and move on to the next part of life. I think our mom and I will be more sad than him.
Val, I must have missed this tidbit regarding your bro. Is he in the high school marching band or college? My sweet sil (who passed away 1.5 years ago) was a music teacher/high school band leader in Youngstown. I love half-time shows!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #2924
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

Our flight time is at 9:10 a.m. Eastern time on 11/29. We arrive in FL at 12:15.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #2925
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Our flight time is at 9:10 a.m. Eastern time on 11/29. We arrive in FL at 12:15.
*gasps* it could be YOU then. Our very first one to fly the nest <<<< imagine that smilie really, really big HA!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: