Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #2896
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
How was Skyfall?
Very good!!! A little more character development vs. constant action. We all loved it.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #2897
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Question. I just downloaded the kindle app. Is there a store within that app or can I only purchase books through amazon?

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #2898
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

So I'm still pretty emotional and quite exhausted. But I started moving to Plan B.

I haven't cancelled the room yet because its still their prerogative to make the final decision. But DH told me to start booking some of the Plan B ADRs which will auto-cancel some of Plan A.

So far I released Kouzzina Dec 3 at 6:30 for 6. I'll post here before I release the rest.

I also checked-in to our first room. Yay!

I also took the tree back out of my suitcase. I'll return all the stuff for the second tree to Target next weekend.

Thanks for all the well wishes. FIL is recovering. It's just taking him longer than he had hoped. On the plus side he lost more weight as a result and he told me his diabetes has never been this good since he was diagnosed. He was able to indulge in things like Thanksgiving pie.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #2899
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
If your reservations are linked they will always try to put you as close as possible by default.

I checked in today (for one room) and online checkin now has the option to place additional requests like Close to Transportation or Ground Floor.
Yes, they are linked. That's good to know that they will automatically try and put us as close as possible. I've already checked us in online

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #2900
PurolatorHelp
Earning My Ears

PurolatorHelp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmoffour View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!!! I'm jealous, even though we already had Thanksgiving I would do anything to have a couple days off this week. Seems like everything that can go wrong before our holiday, is going wrong. I'm waiting on a bunch of Christmas packages from about 7 different orders I placed, and have been worried they won't come before we leave. Toys R Us, decided they couldn't ship package to me because of my rural address (even though I had 3 others shipped at the exact same time), they can't give me a reason, and I'm waiting on someone to call me back so I can tell them to give me a refund. Oh, and did I mention that when they decided they couldn't ship my package to me, they didn't even call or email or refund me or anything? Just let it sit there while I went back and forth between them and Purolator (since they did make a shipping label for it) trying to figure out where the heck my parcel was. I am LIVID, and will never be shopping through there again because of all the stress this has caused the past 3 days. The rest of my packages that were shipped, were supposed to be sent Canada Post. They were sent Purolator, and now I have to drive 45 minutes to the closest pick-up point to get them. It would've been easier to just go to the city in the first place to shop in store!

Then this morning, my dh gets a call that there's problems on a job site, and because he is Field Manager he may have to go up there (7 hours away) this weekend to deal with it all. We had planned a full finish-our-Christmas-shopping day together, and a date night with supper and Breaking Dawn Part 2. I booked the sitter for this 2 months ago! Plus we wanted to get the Christmas tree up Sunday.

So now I'm trying to do some deep breathing and settle myself down and figure out what to do about all this so I can get some stuff crossed off my to-do list and not be so stressed! At this point I'm not even looking forward to our holiday because it means I have to get through this next week which is crazy ridiculous busy every. single. day.

Sorry to rant, I really needed to get all that out.

Enjoy your turkey dinners and time with friends and family!
Hello Sahmoffour,

I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience with our services.

We do offer redeliveries or the option to have your shipments redirected to the closest retail center. Please feel free to contact us directly at customer(dot)care(at)purolator(dot)com if you would like me to make the arrangements for you.

Thank you,

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.www(dot)Purolator(dot)
E-mail / Courriel: customer(dot)care(at)purolator(dot)comFollow us on Twitter Our handle is (at)PurolatorHelp
Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #2901
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Well that was kinda weird. I feel like we have been violated.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #2902
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
Agreed! Strange.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 11-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #2903
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

So I couldn't stay away from Black Friday shopping, lol. I only got one thing today and the only reasoning went to target was for diapers. The gift was a bonus. I got DS6 a Ninjago DS game since it was on sale for $15. I wanted the Wreck it Ralph but it was all sold out. My mom is going to check a target closer to get that the website says still has some.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #2904
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha very odd!! I guess they are on the DIS too!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #2905
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Guess they run Internet searches for complaints. Never saw a company post in a message board before.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #2906
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Well that was only their second post so I guess they havent seen their name too often. Feels too Big Brotherish to me, but interesting.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #2907
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
*lol* That was definitely odd.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #2908
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

*lol* That was definitely odd.
Just making sure we're paying attention? :

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #2909
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I'm still pretty emotional and quite exhausted. But I started moving to Plan B.
really sorry to hear your stresses, hope you can get through this smoothly - we are here for support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurolatorHelp View Post
Hello Sahmoffour,

I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience with our services.

We do offer redeliveries or the option to have your shipments redirected to the closest retail center. Please feel free to contact us directly at customer(dot)care(at)purolator(dot)com if you would like me to make the arrangements for you.

Thank you,

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.www(dot)Purolator(dot)
E-mail / Courriel: customer(dot)care(at)purolator(dot)comFollow us on Twitter Our handle is (at)PurolatorHelp
Thank you for tracking down a disgruntled customer to our very merry roll-caller board. What an odd surprise to see your post ... I had never heard of your company before but now, I have a vision of an operation being run out of Mamas basement, business is slow so the one and only employee - you - googled Purolator out of sheer boredom .... and voila! this is what you found. Very pro-active of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Guess they run Internet searches for complaints. Never saw a company post in a message board before.
Yep, they do ... but normally handle it in a very different way. That was odd!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #2910
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Oh Wedgie!!

How was Bronwyn's birthday? Are you ready for your AG shopping?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: