Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #2791
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Just popping on in between baking Pumpkin pies to wish my wonderful American roll-call friends a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Have wonderful day with your friends and families
Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #2792
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Just popping on in between baking Pumpkin pies to wish my wonderful American roll-call friends a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Have wonderful day with your friends and families
Thank you WedgieSock - hope you have a wonderful day also - I'm just getting ready to peel my carrots and turnip - yum!! Hope Bronwyn had a wonderful birthday.
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #2793
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

<singing> Good Morning and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Just finished breakfast and now we're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade albeit a few minutes behind due to pausing.

We're going over to my Mom's later for dinner.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor

Last edited by cybrkitn; 11-22-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #2794
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

I had a good day yesterday. Finished my Christmas shopping, helped my DB find a car and saw Wreck It Ralph last night.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-AKV Kidani

Old 11-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #2795
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Drinking some coffee and watching a little of the parade. DH and I are going to my In Laws house this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone.

Single Day Dancing!!!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #2796
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #2797
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #2798
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!!! I'm jealous, even though we already had Thanksgiving I would do anything to have a couple days off this week. Seems like everything that can go wrong before our holiday, is going wrong. I'm waiting on a bunch of Christmas packages from about 7 different orders I placed, and have been worried they won't come before we leave. Toys R Us, decided they couldn't ship package to me because of my rural address (even though I had 3 others shipped at the exact same time), they can't give me a reason, and I'm waiting on someone to call me back so I can tell them to give me a refund. Oh, and did I mention that when they decided they couldn't ship my package to me, they didn't even call or email or refund me or anything? Just let it sit there while I went back and forth between them and Purolator (since they did make a shipping label for it) trying to figure out where the heck my parcel was. I am LIVID, and will never be shopping through there again because of all the stress this has caused the past 3 days. The rest of my packages that were shipped, were supposed to be sent Canada Post. They were sent Purolator, and now I have to drive 45 minutes to the closest pick-up point to get them. It would've been easier to just go to the city in the first place to shop in store!

Then this morning, my dh gets a call that there's problems on a job site, and because he is Field Manager he may have to go up there (7 hours away) this weekend to deal with it all. We had planned a full finish-our-Christmas-shopping day together, and a date night with supper and Breaking Dawn Part 2. I booked the sitter for this 2 months ago! Plus we wanted to get the Christmas tree up Sunday.

So now I'm trying to do some deep breathing and settle myself down and figure out what to do about all this so I can get some stuff crossed off my to-do list and not be so stressed! At this point I'm not even looking forward to our holiday because it means I have to get through this next week which is crazy ridiculous busy every. single. day.

Sorry to rant, I really needed to get all that out.

Enjoy your turkey dinners and time with friends and family!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #2799
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Roll Call pals!!!

After today, it's officially official that all our holidays are coming up!! IT's OUR TURN!!! Feel free to eat away, we will be exercising it off at WDW!

[IMG]http://************blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/mayor_turkey450.jpg[/IMG]

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 11-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #2800
happy tink
happy tink

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! To all, love the great pics! Wish I were more tech savvy. Have a beautiful day everyone!

9 days here!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #2801
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

All I could think at 6am this morning when it was 32 degrees and I was scraping ice off my car windows so I could get to work was, thank goodness one week from today I will be at WDW!!

And to everyone who is celebrating today:

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #2802
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmoffour View Post
Just log in on Disney's site, click on your reservations, and at the top should be a little reminder that you can do Online Check-in. It'll walk you through it, then when you get to your resort, you can go to the Online Check-in counter which is usually shorter. They'll have your KTTW cards and the rest of your package all ready for you.
I have a room only reservation for our first night at POR......this is because the Free Dining Plan started on the 10th and we were arriving on the 9th. So one night Room Only and the last 7nights a package with FD. Do you think it would be complicated to do online check in for me?
Old 11-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #2803
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Good Morning All! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be thankful for yesterday and appreciate today. You never know what tomorrow holds.
Amen sista!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
All I could think at 6am this morning when it was 32 degrees and I was scraping ice off my car windows so I could get to work was, thank goodness one week from today I will be at WDW!!

And to everyone who is celebrating today:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I hope everyone has a blessed day with friends and family....and as my public service announcement, special blessings to those who's loved one(s) are deployed and are unable to be with their families!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #2804
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #2805
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I have a room only reservation for our first night at POR......this is because the Free Dining Plan started on the 10th and we were arriving on the 9th. So one night Room Only and the last 7nights a package with FD. Do you think it would be complicated to do online check in for me?
Hmmm... I'm not sure. What do you see when you log in on Disney's site? Do you have 1 reminder to check-in online or 2? I would still think you'd be able to do online check-in for the first night anyways, then when you get there you could ask them how it works for the rest of your package. I've never done it before, but I'm wondering if you'll just have to go to the front desk to check-in on your second day there to update your KTTW cards to include the dining plan and tickets? No clue, just thinking out loud basically.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: