Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #2761
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

I have mysteriously found myself home alone. Hmmm, what to do? I'm thinking some combination of curling up with a book and thinking through our plans & packing list :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #2762
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel
I have mysteriously found myself home alone. Hmmm, what to do? I'm thinking some combination of curling up with a book and thinking through our plans & packing list :-)
I'm on my way home from work. I think I'm going to curl up with my unofficial guide when I get there. Maybe take a nap.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #2763
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN
Just completed online check-in! 10 Days! So excited
I get to do mine on Friday!!

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #2764
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon all! The boys and I just got home from a nice walk at the local park. Glad it was nice enough to get out since I think as of this weekend it's really supposed to cool off around here. Anyone going out tonight? I couldn't tell ya the last time I went out on Thanksgiving Eve. It's usually like a class reunion since everyone is back in the area for the holiday

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #2765
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
I get to do mine on Friday!!
Awesome! I only wish you could write in your room requests so I can avoid calling

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013
Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #2766
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
Just another little mini update on our surprise homecoming:

"We have a poster making machine that can print out a large size poster. If we have a few printed up we can have two Cast Member flank him on each side and with all of the dancing I’m sure we can hide him well enough not to spoil the ending.
We will have to coordinate having you in merchandise or the food court to hustle him into the back office area where we will hold him until the “show”.
I am coordinating with other areas now as I think the more we have the better off we will be in getting him “lost” in the crowd behind the poster."

This is coming together quite nicely and I'm just thrilled to be a part of it. Youtube, here we come. LOL

You HAVE to video tape it and show us! I'm dying to see your children's reaction!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #2767
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Hi everyone. Add another to the December list. Received an airline offer and a pin code, so I just had to book.

Just curious if anyone is flying out of DFW airport?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #2768
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

So while sneakingly working on my touring plans while in the office today, I hear a co-worker say she is going up to WDW this weekend.

I start to chat with her and realize she doesn't know THE ways...

An hour later, she is armed with the recommended days, park schedules, and touring plans.

Let's see if she follows any of my suggestions. hehe.

------
So I pretty much have my touring plans done for our park days. I am getting closer to getting it all done and ready!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 11-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #2769
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog
Hi everyone. Add another to the December list. Received an airline offer and a pin code, so I just had to book.

Welcome!

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #2770
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
What site did you go to to? I went to Accuweather's site since that's the only one I know of that gives a long range.
It was Accuweather - I followed the link from the first page of this thread.
Has it already changed?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #2771
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele

It was Accuweather - I followed the link from the first page of this thread.
Has it already changed?
The forecast now has less rainy days!!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #2772
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Happy Birthday, Bronwyn!!!

Valgoof- sending good thoughts that you can both go on your trip!!
Happy Birthday Bronwyn! You are going to have such an exciting few weeks to come!

Val, when will we know more......next Monday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
Today we have to go apply for our marriage license. One of the least fun and exciting parts of all of this, haha.
It's going to be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Morning all!!! Last night we changed DS2's crib to a toddler bed (the front comes off), he slept GREAT in it, thank goodness! He was so excited to have it that way. We also got Brave from Redbox and watched that last. I liked it, the boys not much. The first bear part scared them worse than the other one, luckily it didn't cause any bad dreams.

Hope everyone is ready for thanksgiving and doesn't have trouble finding any last minute things. Luckily I only have to make dessert for Thursday, but on Saturday I'm doing a turkey breast, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce (others are doing potatoes and veggies). I went to Williams Sonoma to get the Apple Spice turkey brine to try for the first time on a recommendation. Hopefully it's good. Anyone else trying a new recipe for the big meal?
Yeah for a big boy bed! I couldn't help myself when we went to Target yesterday after work. I had intended on only buying toothpaste and bread.......and came home with BRAVE! It was only $15 for the Blu-Ray/DVD combo set. We watched it last night and I must say I loved it. I love a story with a strong/independent female lead...especially one that doesn't require a PRINCE! What daughter couldn't relate to the complicated mother/daughter relationship? I loved it.....

I'm baking a turkey breast right now. We'll have it at home, mainly because I want some leftovers! We'll go to my sisters tomorrow but she never shares the turkey leftovers I bake it in an oven bag and put fresh sage, lemon halves, onion, and garlic in it's little cavity. It's delicious!

[QUOTE=tofubeast;46758719]hmm like these pics? I concur with your description!

This is how I live most every day of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
Three weeks!

Also, I succumbed to the Disney Store and ordered the three little bears from Brave for $5/each. Whoops! I may have also gotten myself a tiny Lotso and a brave blanket for my cat carrier. Ha!
I have a few things in the cart there as well. I NEED the park tickets pouch for sure......and the 9-10" Santa Mickey/Minnie are just begging for me to buy them. I'm trying hard to resist the zip-up blue Cinderella hooded jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
Just another little mini update on our surprise homecoming:

"We have a poster making machine that can print out a large size poster. If we have a few printed up we can have two Cast Member flank him on each side and with all of the dancing I’m sure we can hide him well enough not to spoil the ending.
We will have to coordinate having you in merchandise or the food court to hustle him into the back office area where we will hold him until the “show”.
I am coordinating with other areas now as I think the more we have the better off we will be in getting him “lost” in the crowd behind the poster."

This is coming together quite nicely and I'm just thrilled to be a part of it. Youtube, here we come. LOL

It sounds like everything is coming along so wonderfully!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #2773
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
I want updated (preferably in picture form) information from all of the brave souls who mentioned that they were baking pies today.

Specifically those who said they were using the recipe I posted.

Inquiring minds want to know!!

I AM making that pie....but will probably do it this weekend. I'm taking a pumpkin, pecan, and cherry pie to my sister's tomorrow. I'm sure the pumpkin pie will be gone before the night is over so I'll make your recipe for the weekend so my immediate family will be able to enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Just completed online check-in! 10 Days! So excited
Oh boy! I'm still not sure I'm doing it online or the regular way.....Hey Wedgie, are you doing online check in for POR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post

Welcome to the group! We're flying out of StL. Flying out always makes me nervous. You never know what kind of weather we will have here in December. Did I mention I hated flying?@?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
So while sneakingly working on my touring plans while in the office today, I hear a co-worker say she is going up to WDW this weekend.

An hour later, she is armed with the recommended days, park schedules, and touring plans.

------
So I pretty much have my touring plans done for our park days. I am getting closer to getting it all done and ready!
I need to look at the touring plans. I'm just afraid I'll be too commando though, once I start. Hubby wants to make sure I leave time for potty breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
The forecast now has less rainy days!!
Oh, I like that one better!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #2774
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog

Welcome!! We are flying but we'll be driving through, lol

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #2775
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post

------
Good for her that you overheard her. I hope she listens to at least some of the things you told her, so she can enjoy her trip!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: