Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #2746
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602
Just another little mini update on our surprise homecoming:

"We have a poster making machine that can print out a large size poster. If we have a few printed up we can have two Cast Member flank him on each side and with all of the dancing I’m sure we can hide him well enough not to spoil the ending.
We will have to coordinate having you in merchandise or the food court to hustle him into the back office area where we will hold him until the “show”.
I am coordinating with other areas now as I think the more we have the better off we will be in getting him “lost” in the crowd behind the poster."

This is coming together quite nicely and I'm just thrilled to be a part of it. Youtube, here we come. LOL
This sounds so great! I so wish I could be there and be part of it, but I'll definitely look for it on YouTube once you get it posted

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #2747
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Going into NYC in December is a tradtion for us. Although we have to skip it this year due to Disney

We used to go to Macy's to see Santa there, but a few years ago they changed the line pattern. They got rid of the "Just a Peek" line and merged that with the Santa line making it a 3+ hour wait ! So now we skip it all together. However, we still like seeing the window displays they have every year.

The last 2 years we've had to skip both the M&M store and the Hershey store b/c the lines now are around the block. Three or four years ago there wasn't a long line like that. I love going into the Hershey store more than the M&M store (which DS10 loves), but I really wish it was bigger. It's very cramped during peak times like the holidays, but it's also the only place where I can purchase the sugar free chocolate morsels to make DH's cookies. It's not sold anywhere else according to Hershey when I contacted them.

We also brave the crowds to see the tree in Rockerfeller Center. It's our last stop of the evening before we take the train back to Long Island. I don't know how I deal with being packed in like sardines every year But seeing the tree is definetly worth it.

I work not far from there. I can always go after work and get you some if you need the sugar free chocolate morsels. I can ship them to you as well, since we aren't that far from each other.

Have you checked the Hershey website? http://www.thehersheycompany.com/con...-products.aspx

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #2748
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602
Just another little mini update on our surprise homecoming:

"We have a poster making machine that can print out a large size poster. If we have a few printed up we can have two Cast Member flank him on each side and with all of the dancing I’m sure we can hide him well enough not to spoil the ending.
We will have to coordinate having you in merchandise or the food court to hustle him into the back office area where we will hold him until the “show”.
I am coordinating with other areas now as I think the more we have the better off we will be in getting him “lost” in the crowd behind the poster."

This is coming together quite nicely and I'm just thrilled to be a part of it. Youtube, here we come. LOL
This sounds so wonderful!!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #2749
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So I have a staples question. I have some encyclopedia pages I want to print from a PDF given to me by a DISigner and have them bound...

Has anyone had anything printed like that? Do they do double sided on a heavy weight paper?

I can't believe I forgot...
Just last week I used their order online-pick up in the store system for some colored prints on cardstock. Online, there was lots of options for picking what weighted paper you want and I seem to recall a double sided option. Their online system wasn't very user friendly (imo) so going directly in store might be a better option.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #2750
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva

Just last week I used their order online-pick up in the store system for some colored prints on cardstock. Online, there was lots of options for picking what weighted paper you want and I seem to recall a double sided option. Their online system wasn't very user friendly (imo) so going directly in store might be a better option.
Haha I'm used to non user friendly applications. I never thought about it online!! I'm going to check it out, I can have it printed then and ask them to bind it with the original encyclopedia :D Yay!!

Last edited by SAT887; 11-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #2751
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Hope you have a blast! We will be at POFQ later.

And we are leaving Mississippi to go to Alabama for Thanksgiving Since my mom got sick we havent been home for the holidays at all, b/c I didnt have any one to help care for her (my parents are divorced and we stay with my dad, her with her sister but she's elderly and cant handle it anymore). So my mom is in the NH now and while I feel guilty for leaving her, its also going to be nice to see my grandma again, I havent seen her in over a year.
Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you have a wonderful time visiting family here in Alabama! The weather is supposed to be really nice tomorrow!! And then it gets rather cool on Saturday!!

1987 Honeymoon Off-Site, 2005 Fort Wilderness , 2010 Fort Wilderness , 2012 25th Anniversary POFQ, 2015 Fort Wilderness
Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #2752
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

I'm at 10 days today. I'm starting to get that excited, omg I'm going to forget something feeling!!! :-)
Old 11-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #2753
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I was just looking at our roll-call list - we have a load of regular posters listed as Nov thru Dec arrivals!!!

How exciting!

I need to start keeping track - quote this and call out your date if you're leaving very soon ..... we need to help you pack!!!!
DH and I are leaving November 28!!! A week from today!!

1987 Honeymoon Off-Site, 2005 Fort Wilderness , 2010 Fort Wilderness , 2012 25th Anniversary POFQ, 2015 Fort Wilderness
Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #2754
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
somewhat of a newbie here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We leave in 20 days!!!!!! Can I play/join in on the fun :D
Welcome!! I'm a newbie too and I have learned so much. It's an awesome group!!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #2755
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

I want updated (preferably in picture form) information from all of the brave souls who mentioned that they were baking pies today.

Specifically those who said they were using the recipe I posted.

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #2756
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
hmm like these pics? I concur with your description!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #2757
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So I have a staples question. I have some encyclopedia pages I want to print from a PDF given to me by a DISigner and have them bound...

Has anyone had anything printed like that? Do they do double sided on a heavy weight paper?

I can't believe I forgot...
Staples will pretty much do anything you want in any size on any paper with any type of binding. The variations are endless. Just stop in and talk to them.

I do know it costs more money for them to like touch a computer though. So if you print it first and just have them copy and bind it should be cheaper.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #2758
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Just completed online check-in! 10 Days! So excited

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014

Old 11-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #2759
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

Staples will pretty much do anything you want in any size on any paper with any type of binding. The variations are endless. Just stop in and talk to them.

I do know it costs more money for them to like touch a computer though. So if you print it first and just have them copy and bind it should be cheaper.
My printer quality is junk... I think I might have DH stop by and see the easiest way to do it. Also I figured it out online so if anything I can have him check out the best paper to use
Old 11-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #2760
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Happy Birthday Bronwyn! Hope it's been a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I'm not. This is how you know you've hit panic stage - the numbers are now decreasing way too quickly! (need an emoticon for running around in circles with your hair on fire!)
Agreed! While I'm a teensy bit jealous of those of you in single digits, I'm starting to panic because I have so much going on and so much to do between now and the 15th. Last night, I actually laid in bed thinking there needs to be an emoticon breathing into a paper bag!

It will be fine, it will be fine, it will be fine....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: