Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #2731
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27

A couple friend of ours came up last year on a Saturday to go shopping at the holiday village in Bryant Park then we walked over to see the tree in Rockafeller Center.

I hate crowds, and the crowd by Saks across from the trees gave my friend Kate a HUGE panic attack. It was a huge mass of people. Completely shoulder to shoulder. It's exhausting.

If you get time to come up this year, there are a couple of holiday shopping villages. Union Square, Bryant Park and there's one in South Street Seaport. They are larger versions of the one next to City Hall in Philly.

Have you been to Macy's in Philly? (Old Wanamaker building?). If not go see the light show and the organist!
I haven't been to the Wanamakers building since I was a kid!! We used to take the train in and see the lights and then go see the Christmas Carol display. I'd live to take the boys but with DS6 in school it probably won't happen cause I don't want to take them in on the weekend

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #2732
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I'm not. This is how you know you've hit panic stage - the numbers are now decreasing way too quickly! (need an emoticon for running around in circles with your hair on fire!)
This is exactly how I feel with only 8 days left!! I was fine until Monday, then I realized I had only 10 days left and so much to do and I'm in a panic since I have pretty much no time to do anything until I leave!!!

And Happy Birthday to Bronwyn!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #2733
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Yay! Happy Birthday Bronwyn!!

Last edited by SAT887; 11-21-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #2734
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Bronwyn!

We are down to 8 days.... AHHHHHHHHHHH. Thank goodness DH is taking DS down to the in-laws today and I'm waiting for my parents and we're heading down tomorrow. It will give me the time I need to bake the 4 pies I'm making and 2 kinds of breads AND while things are in the oven, I will be organizing our packing stuff.....

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #2735
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

So even though I am not tech off till 1pm, I have done my work for today. All the boss bigwigs are off to a meeting, and I am sitting here and going to work on my park touring plans! That is the only major outstanding thing I need to do. Yay!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 11-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #2736
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
So even though I am not tech off till 1pm, I have done my work for today. All the boss bigwigs are off to a meeting, and I am sitting here and going to work on my park touring plans! That is the only major outstanding thing I need to do. Yay!
FUN!! DS is at work with me today. Currently playing on the iPad and asking 1,000,000 questions. I think I might leave earlier than I thought..... it's SOOOO boring here. The minute the students leave it's like a ghost town.

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #2737
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

I need wine and its only11am! These boys are at each other since they woke up this morning. We are having lunch and going for a long and hopefully TIRING walk!!!!! I need fresh air and sanity

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #2738
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Three weeks!

Also, I succumbed to the Disney Store and ordered the three little bears from Brave for $5/each. Whoops! I may have also gotten myself a tiny Lotso and a brave blanket for my cat carrier. Ha!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #2739
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06
I need wine and its only11am! These boys are at each other since they woke up this morning. We are having lunch and going for a long and hopefully TIRING walk!!!!! I need fresh air and sanity
Good luck!!!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #2740
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
I have officially reached the point in my countdown where I'm too excited to sleep. Laying there in bed last night, I could barely stop myself from thinking about all the fantastic things that are in store for me in barely over two weeks!!

This morning I checked the long range forecast. I know those things change from day to day, but I was thrilled with how it is right now! Looks like shorts and tshirts for us after all. In case you're going around the same time, here's how it's looking for our week (gotta love no rain until our last/half day!)

Thursday, Dec 6
Sunny
75/55

Friday, Dec 7
Mostly Sunny
80/59

Saturday, Dec 8
Mostly Sunny
79/59

Sunday, Dec 9
Mostly Sunny
79/59

Monday, Dec 10
Clouds giving way to some sun
79/59

Tuesday, Dec 11
Mostly Sunny
79/58

Wednesday, Dec 12
Mostly Cloudy
74/59

Thursday, Dec 13
Rain
73/58
What site did you go to to? I went to Accuweather's site since that's the only one I know of that gives a long range.

We're now in the SINGLE DIGITS! YEAH BABY!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #2741
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post

Wooo hoo!!
Same here! I just finished making my LGMH tags today Hope to see you in the parks!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #2742
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
We have gone to NYC for our anniversary the last few years to see the Christmas decorations and whatnot. But last years crowds did me in. We got there around 9am and was ready to leave by 330pm
Going into NYC in December is a tradtion for us. Although we have to skip it this year due to Disney

We used to go to Macy's to see Santa there, but a few years ago they changed the line pattern. They got rid of the "Just a Peek" line and merged that with the Santa line making it a 3+ hour wait ! So now we skip it all together. However, we still like seeing the window displays they have every year.

The last 2 years we've had to skip both the M&M store and the Hershey store b/c the lines now are around the block. Three or four years ago there wasn't a long line like that. I love going into the Hershey store more than the M&M store (which DS10 loves), but I really wish it was bigger. It's very cramped during peak times like the holidays, but it's also the only place where I can purchase the sugar free chocolate morsels to make DH's cookies. It's not sold anywhere else according to Hershey when I contacted them.

We also brave the crowds to see the tree in Rockerfeller Center. It's our last stop of the evening before we take the train back to Long Island. I don't know how I deal with being packed in like sardines every year But seeing the tree is definetly worth it.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #2743
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
So the good news I got today is that I'm going back to work for the local community college I was faculty at for a semester last year, probably long term as of Jan 7, 2013. I was aiming for a job in California and still have some interviews lined up, but it's great to know I have a full time job in my field lined up at a place I really enjoyed working so I won't be a substitute anymore.
Plus it means I can plan my 2013 Disney trips around an academic calendar instead of randomly making reservations when I want to go and seeing if work can work with it. It was killing me as a compulsive planner to be unsure of whether the plans would be viable or would have to move/be made last minute.
(Thinking w the dvc aps being such a cheap upgrade I might even be able to talk dh into a quick may trip for star wars or garden festival after the end of spring semester ...)
Congrats! I hope you are able to plan that 2013 trip!

I'm in the process of putting together a cover letter for a job opening in my area. I was a receptionist for almost 10 years before getting laid off 3 years ago. There hasn't really been much available in my field. Those that are, are too far away and I wouldn't be able to pick up DS10 from his school's aftercare program in time. Plus now with the holiday rush upon us, most companies are only looking for seasonal help or temporary work, which I can't do.

My only problem is putting together the cover letter. For me, that is the most difficult thing for me to do. I always wind up getting writer's block, even looking at the samples online to help me out. DH said he will help me out today with it. He has more experience with cover letters than I do.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #2744
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So I have a staples question. I have some encyclopedia pages I want to print from a PDF given to me by a DISigner and have them bound...

Has anyone had anything printed like that? Do they do double sided on a heavy weight paper?

I can't believe I forgot...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #2745
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Just another little mini update

Just another little mini update on our surprise homecoming:

"We have a poster making machine that can print out a large size poster. If we have a few printed up we can have two Cast Member flank him on each side and with all of the dancing I’m sure we can hide him well enough not to spoil the ending.
We will have to coordinate having you in merchandise or the food court to hustle him into the back office area where we will hold him until the “show”.
I am coordinating with other areas now as I think the more we have the better off we will be in getting him “lost” in the crowd behind the poster."

This is coming together quite nicely and I'm just thrilled to be a part of it. Youtube, here we come. LOL
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: