Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #2716
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Wooo hoo!!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #2717
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06

That's possibly my favorite part of Thanksgiving I'd love to go up one year on Wednesday night and watch them inflate the balloons. I hear its amazing.
We went to see the balloons get filled last year. It is amazing to see just how big they really are but honestly not worth the crowds for me.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #2718
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
So the good news I got today is that I'm going back to work for the local community college I was faculty at for a semester last year, probably long term as of Jan 7, 2013. I was aiming for a job in California and still have some interviews lined up, but it's great to know I have a full time job in my field lined up at a place I really enjoyed working so I won't be a substitute anymore.
Plus it means I can plan my 2013 Disney trips around an academic calendar instead of randomly making reservations when I want to go and seeing if work can work with it. It was killing me as a compulsive planner to be unsure of whether the plans would be viable or would have to move/be made last minute.
(Thinking w the dvc aps being such a cheap upgrade I might even be able to talk dh into a quick may trip for star wars or garden festival after the end of spring semester ...)

Speaking of last minute plans hope we hear from val soon now that tltorrez is settled!
I'm glad you found stable employment! I know you wanted to come back stateside but that will happen when it's meant to be.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #2719
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Morning all!!! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

I'm now at 18 days. I didn't get anything done last night as it was our straightening for the cleaning lady night. It should be a quiet day at work, which means I'll be trying to not tweak our ADRs.

Maybe I'll take my unofficial guide with me.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #2720
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Wooo hoo!!
Single digit dance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27 View Post
Morning all!!! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

I'm now at 18 days. I didn't get anything done last night as it was our straightening for the cleaning lady night. It should be a quiet day at work, which means I'll be trying to not tweak our ADRs.

Maybe I'll take my unofficial guide with me.
Lol. Good luck with the non-tweaking.

Happy Birthday Bronwyn!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #2721
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Hello!! Sorry to worry everyone, but thanks for the concern. I have been on here a little bit today and read everything, just didnt comment. There is no news to report and honestly, it is frustrating and a little depressing. DH spoke to his boss, but the bigger boss is on vacation so he wont know anything until next week. So it is really hard to get caught up in the last minute planning and excitement, when I dont know what is going on. It is looking more and more likely that either I will go solo on our original week or we will go the week before. I will try to comment more so you know I am alive. . Good news is tomorrow I am shopping with DB and then we have Thanksgiving, more shopping on Friday and then OSU vs Michigan on Saturday, so I will be busy the next few days.
I miss your daily presence and I hate that your DH's boss is not seeing the bigger picture.

I hope you can both go the week before, you could both really do with the break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

Happy Birthday Bronwyn!!!
Awww thank you for remembering!!! She's had a good morning so far .... and I'm just about to let her have a cupcake for breakfast which is like "WOW" for her
Old 11-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #2722
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

I miss your daily presence and I hate that your DH's boss is not seeing the bigger picture.

I hope you can both go the week before, you could both really do with the break!

Awww thank you for remembering!!! She's had a good morning so far .... and I'm just about to let her have a cupcake for breakfast which is like "WOW" for her
Happy birthday to Bronwyn

And good morning everyone!! Just a few hours of work today, some baking and shopping for odds & ends, and then I'm all set to cook a simple meal and relax tomorrow :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #2723
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Happy Birthday, Bronwyn!!!

I love her name. It's always been a favorite of mine.

Valgoof- sending good thoughts that you can both go on your trip!!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #2724
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

I'm beyond envious of all of you single digit dancers!!

Good morning everyone! Hope all is well and everyone is prepping for the big Turkey Day.

Today we have to go apply for our marriage license. One of the least fun and exciting parts of all of this, haha.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #2725
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora27

We went to see the balloons get filled last year. It is amazing to see just how big they really are but honestly not worth the crowds for me.
We have gone to NYC for our anniversary the last few years to see the Christmas decorations and whatnot. But last years crowds did me in. We got there around 9am and was ready to leave by 330pm

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #2726
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
I'm beyond envious of all of you single digit dancers!!
I'm not. This is how you know you've hit panic stage - the numbers are now decreasing way too quickly! (need an emoticon for running around in circles with your hair on fire!)
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #2727
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Bronwyn!! I bet you guys are super excited for Saturday!!

Morning all!!! Last night we changed DS2's crib to a toddler bed (the front comes off), he slept GREAT in it, thank goodness! He was so excited to have it that way. We also got Brave from Redbox and watched that last. I liked it, the boys not much. The first bear part scared them worse than the other one, luckily it didn't cause any bad dreams.

Hope everyone is ready for thanksgiving and doesn't have trouble finding any last minute things. Luckily I only have to make dessert for Thursday, but on Saturday I'm doing a turkey breast, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce (others are doing potatoes and veggies). I went to Williams Sonoma to get the Apple Spice turkey brine to try for the first time on a recommendation. Hopefully it's good. Anyone else trying a new recipe for the big meal?

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #2728
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I'm not. This is how you know you've hit panic stage - the numbers are now decreasing way too quickly! (need an emoticon for running around in circles with your hair on fire!)

hmm like these pics? I concur with your description!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #2729
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
We have gone to NYC for our anniversary the last few years to see the Christmas decorations and whatnot. But last years crowds did me in. We got there around 9am and was ready to leave by 330pm
A couple friend of ours came up last year on a Saturday to go shopping at the holiday village in Bryant Park then we walked over to see the tree in Rockafeller Center.

I hate crowds, and the crowd by Saks across from the trees gave my friend Kate a HUGE panic attack. It was a huge mass of people. Completely shoulder to shoulder. It's exhausting.

If you get time to come up this year, there are a couple of holiday shopping villages. Union Square, Bryant Park and there's one in South Street Seaport. They are larger versions of the one next to City Hall in Philly.

Have you been to Macy's in Philly? (Old Wanamaker building?). If not go see the light show and the organist!

Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #2730
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

That would be a GREAT emoticon to have! I totally sympathize with your panic.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: