Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #2701
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

So the good news I got today is that I'm going back to work for the local community college I was faculty at for a semester last year, probably long term as of Jan 7, 2013. I was aiming for a job in California and still have some interviews lined up, but it's great to know I have a full time job in my field lined up at a place I really enjoyed working so I won't be a substitute anymore.
Plus it means I can plan my 2013 Disney trips around an academic calendar instead of randomly making reservations when I want to go and seeing if work can work with it. It was killing me as a compulsive planner to be unsure of whether the plans would be viable or would have to move/be made last minute.
(Thinking w the dvc aps being such a cheap upgrade I might even be able to talk dh into a quick may trip for star wars or garden festival after the end of spring semester ...)

Speaking of last minute plans hope we hear from val soon now that tltorrez is settled!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #2702
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Hello!! Sorry to worry everyone, but thanks for the concern. I have been on here a little bit today and read everything, just didnt comment. There is no news to report and honestly, it is frustrating and a little depressing. DH spoke to his boss, but the bigger boss is on vacation so he wont know anything until next week. So it is really hard to get caught up in the last minute planning and excitement, when I dont know what is going on. It is looking more and more likely that either I will go solo on our original week or we will go the week before. I will try to comment more so you know I am alive. . Good news is tomorrow I am shopping with DB and then we have Thanksgiving, more shopping on Friday and then OSU vs Michigan on Saturday, so I will be busy the next few days.
Glad you are okay, but so sorry you guys still don't have answers.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #2703
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
Hello!! Sorry to worry everyone, but thanks for the concern. I have been on here a little bit today and read everything, just didnt comment. There is no news to report and honestly, it is frustrating and a little depressing. DH spoke to his boss, but the bigger boss is on vacation so he wont know anything until next week. So it is really hard to get caught up in the last minute planning and excitement, when I dont know what is going on. It is looking more and more likely that either I will go solo on our original week or we will go the week before. I will try to comment more so you know I am alive. . Good news is tomorrow I am shopping with DB and then we have Thanksgiving, more shopping on Friday and then OSU vs Michigan on Saturday, so I will be busy the next few days.
Sorry it's still up in the air. Hope you get resolution soon.

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #2704
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't these people have smart phones?!?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #2705
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Oh dear I hope you and dh get to go together! If not we'll have some meets so your solo trip won't be so solo. :::
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #2706
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
So the good news I got today is that I'm going back to work for the local community college I was faculty at for a semester last year, probably long term as of Jan 7, 2013. I was aiming for a job in California and still have some interviews lined up, but it's great to know I have a full time job in my field lined up at a place I really enjoyed working so I won't be a substitute anymore.
Plus it means I can plan my 2013 Disney trips around an academic calendar instead of randomly making reservations when I want to go and seeing if work can work with it. It was killing me as a compulsive planner to be unsure of whether the plans would be viable or would have to move/be made last minute.
(Thinking w the dvc aps being such a cheap upgrade I might even be able to talk dh into a quick may trip for star wars or garden festival after the end of spring semester ...)

Speaking of last minute plans hope we hear from val soon now that tltorrez is settled!
That's great news!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #2707
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So sorry your trip is still up in the air! That has to be uber frustrating. At least you have a great week full of fun activities to look forward to.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #2708
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so happy to hear you're ok. I wish you had answers already. I hate when I don't know what I'm doing.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #2709
happy tink
happy tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post

Congratulations! That is good news. I know you wanted to come to California but honestly the state is so messed up right now, I would move away if I had the chance!

It will happen when the time is right. Happy you have solid employment.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #2710
happy tink
happy tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Limbo is tough. Best of luck, hope for good news soon!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #2711
BDL
DIS Veteran

It's official. The Christmas season has now begun. I saw the Folgers commercial. Though it is touching, I am still more partial to the one from the 80's. Where the son is coming back from college, rather than the Peace Corps.

But both give me that Christmas feel. Now, if they will only get Santa to ride a Norelco through the snow and see a family of giraffes going to a Toys R Us, nostalgia will be abound.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #2712
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal
somewhat of a newbie here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We leave in 20 days!!!!!! Can I play/join in on the fun :D
Welcome!!

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #2713
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

Yep! This is the first year in a while that I'm not cooking. I finally get a chance to sit down with DH and DS and watch the Macy's parade!
That's possibly my favorite part of Thanksgiving I'd love to go up one year on Wednesday night and watch them inflate the balloons. I hear its amazing.

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #2714
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean

Gotta love the parade.

We used to go down to center city in Philly and watch the parade when was I a kid.

Good times.
I haven't been to the Philly parade in almost 15 years. Would love to take the boys on year

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #2715
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuqqy
Hey guys I would love to join, last min. trip Nov 30- Dec 4th. Still trying to get Sat at AKV or else I am going to throw in the towel and book doubletree. Never stayed at doubletree but the reviews are great. AKV is my second home I love it! Cast ....Me, DH, DIL ( whose is carrying my first grandbaby!!!!) yes I am excited DD and SIL, he has not been since he was 5 and after my DD begged him to go still says "but I won't have fun" we will see about that None of them have been at Christmas so I am excited to show them around. My DS is a Marine and deployed to Afgahnistan right now so we are spoiling our DIL as much as we can since this is a very emotional time for her (and us). Just saw that someone posted the weather which affects part of our trip.... all rain hope that changes.
Welcome. What a wonderful trip. Thank you to your son for his service and your family for your sacrifices. There is military homecoming on this thread as well

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: