Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
wdisneelvr
DIS Veteran
Was on a "wing fling" for a while there
Has been sprinkled with pixie dust from the Tag Fairies! :)

Question Who does the most WDW trip planning...women or men?

I have been planning/organizing all our family trips since I can remember. Where to go on vacation (wdw of course) hotels, rental cars, dining etc. But my brother does all the vacation planning in his family all on excel spreadsheets right down to the minute.lol.

So who plans more the women or the men?
wdisneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I do all the planning for our family. Sometimes I will ask DH to help me make a decision and he always answers "Whatever you plan will be fantastic, so just pick" which is nice from the flattery stand-point but stressful when I really can't decide!!! I'm such a Type A OCD control freak though, it really works best this way. If he were to plan it, I would be climbing the walls and terrified he'd forget something.

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

I do the planning in our house. My DH thinks all this planning is a bit insane. Of course when we get there and all my planning makes things run smoothly he's glad I did it.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
TeamTilson
O'hana

I think my DH and I are pretty even with the planning. He does the budget and I do the packing. Together we choose the packages (flights/travel/hotel/tickets) and the whole family comes together on their "must-dos" so that we can all be equal since this is our family trip. Every family dinner leading up to our last trip always included a few minutes with the iPad out and a WDW topic to discuss (dining, which parks/what day, shows, characters...etc).

From VA to WA! Moving from the East Coast to the West Coast (Richmond to Seattle) in June 2013!
TeamTilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

In my house it's me. I do all the vacation planning for every vacation. When I'm paying a ton of money for vacations, I don't want to miss the best stuff so I do the planning.

My husband is a play it by ear person no matter where he goes. And it doesn't always work out for him.

That's why when he went to Disney for a convention, he and his friend had a very difficult time getting into TS restaurants a couple of weeks ago. He was able to get into the Wave once and Coral Reef once and the rest of the time they couldn't get into any TS restaurants.
Good thing they were paying OOP.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I do the annual organizing of the Disney Spreadsheet. DH just OKs the ADRs and hard ticket nights. Most of it is up to me. I really worry what he would do with the DVC points if something ever happened to me....he really has no clue. He does appreciated the TS reservations at his favorite places and as we age we take things a little slower and enjoy all the details.

I emailed the final Disney Spreadsheet to DH, MIL and BIL last night for the upcoming October/Novemember trip and made reservations for Tiffany Towncars.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

DW and I do most of the big decisions together. I am planning out more of the little stuff because I have more time and I have been planning this trip in my head since before the kids were born.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Clark Griswald here.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

Red face

DH and I plan together. For us this is part of the fun. I do the detail (making the schedule and looking at times) and he does lots and lots of research. He also does most of the purchasing as he does our budgeting. We can take a full year in our planning on our big Disney trips, so it pulls the anticipation out for the full year, and together we work on getting DD ready to join us!
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
vkandrew
Earning My Ears

I've been doing all of the planning for our trip. My DW has never been and doesnt really know what to expect and she usually plans our trips so Im hoping I do a good job with all the planning
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
Hootch
DIS Veteran

Interesting results - mixed

We handle major planning question together. I usually research details on tickets, park hours, etc and then we decide together what we will do.

This summer we did a fifteen night car trip in the Southwest. We decided on what we wanted to see together. I laid out a plan that showed how we could hit the prime spots and what we might be in jeopardy. I also booked all the hotel rooms (thirteen different hotels) and figured out the Disneyland information.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

We do it together....from picking the dates, tracking countdowns, making adrs, packing etc....

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
Kelchip10
Earning My Ears

Women

I do everything. If my husband attempted any of it we would never go anywhere. I'm much (much!) more organized and less forgetful..lol.
Kelchip10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
Claudine877
Mouseketeer

We decide together where we're going and when so that he can take time off from work. Everything else is on me. He doesn't want to deal with the details and really, some of his questions baffle me. 'Why are we taking a stroller? Um, really?? Maybe because we have 2 3-year olds???' 'Why do we need to have that money allocated?' Maybe because you can't park a car for 6 days for free near the airport'? He handles all of his travel for work himself, (with his AA). I sometimes wonder how he gets around without me.
Claudine877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #15
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

I usually end up doing all of the planning and packing. It's just my thing and DH likes it that way. I do ask his opinion on the large matters like dates, which resort and DDP or not. But again, I've narrowed down those choices as well before presenting them to him then we look at pros/cons of each and go from there. I make all ressies, decisions on which parks, pack bags and such. I really enjoy that he could care less . Not to mention, he is slow as a tortoise so if I did leave it up to him, we'd never get anywhere.

On a side note, our first trip to DW, I used Ridemax and at first he thought we wouldn't need it. I asked him if we could try it our first day and if the schedule was a hassle or didn't work, then we'd toss the rest of the week. Well, it worked amazingly and he was very impressed with my mad planning skills. So the other day, as I am planning our trip in 3 weeks, he asked if I had that plan thing again like last time. Not to worry my love, your crazy OCD wife has it all together.

VeeHam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: