Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Disney Wonder delayed leaving San Pedro...and help twindaddy cheer up

So the wife is on the Wonder, I am stuck at home due to work issues. So heartbreaking to hear the "ding ding ding" chimes of the various ships announcement when she calls, the last one was the Captain saying they will be late leaving Los Angeles because the fuel barge broke down and they have to get another one to the ship. Estimated departure is now 10PM, but hey, everyone is on the ship! I am one of those drive the boat out to sea and park for a week kind of guys, so it wouldnt bother me, except they will be late getting into Puerto Vallarta.

How do you deal with the "family is on the a cruise without me" depression?
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
my3luckycharms
Earning My Ears

Oh man what a bummer! We just got off that cruise today and they were working hard to get it back and running for the next families to board. I bet they are upset to have it delayed. Sorry that you can't join your family. Make sure to book another cruise for a future date so you can join them the next time!

Last edited by my3luckycharms; 11-04-2012 at 06:24 PM.
my3luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

So sorry you couldn't go.

Are their excursions going to he canceled because of the delay in getting to PV?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
mikesmom88
DIS Veteran

Oh boy . . . that stinks. But I bet they are having a horrible time because Dad is home working and not on the cruise with them.

DVC Member since 1999

2014 - Disney Wonder; 2013 - BWV, VB Beach Cottage; 2012 - OKW, Disney Dream; 2010 - VB; 2009 - Carribbean Beach: 2008 - Poly, BWV, Disney Wonder, OKW; 2007 - SSR, Port Orleans; 2006 - VB, SSR; 2005 - OKW, HH, Polynesian, OKW; 2004 - HH, BCV, VB, Disney Magic; 2003 - HH, GF, OKW, VB; 2002 - Disney Magic, Contemporary; 2001 - BWV, VB; 2000 - OKW, Polynesian, BWV; 1999 - BC, VB

mikesmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3luckycharms View Post
Oh man what a bummer! We just got off that cruise today and they were working hard to get it back and running for the next families to board. I bet they are upset to have it delayed. Sorry that you can't join your family. Make sure to book another cruise for a future date so you can join them the next time!
You couldnt have left any fuel for us? Thanks alot!

How was your cruise?

Thanks everyone for your words, one of my daughters called me crying, the other is off making new friends. I think the wife is more stressed without me there, because I do all the vacation planning and timing, she just gets a pre-packaged vacation, even when onboard, I tell her where and when we are doing things. Now she has to figure out when the evening show is, and more importantly, where it is! She didnt even realize they showed movies onboard, because we never saw one last trip. I told her "I ran down the list of movies and you didnt want to see any of them" She could really hide her own Easter eggs.

We are all sailing together next July to Alaska, just tell me that will get here soon!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
my3luckycharms
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
You couldnt have left any fuel for us? Thanks alot!

How was your cruise?

Thanks everyone for your words, one of my daughters called me crying, the other is off making new friends. I think the wife is more stressed without me there, because I do all the vacation planning and timing, she just gets a pre-packaged vacation, even when onboard, I tell her where and when we are doing things. Now she has to figure out when the evening show is, and more importantly, where it is! She didnt even realize they showed movies onboard, because we never saw one last trip. I told her "I ran down the list of movies and you didnt want to see any of them" She could really hide her own Easter eggs.

We are all sailing together next July to Alaska, just tell me that will get here soon!
Sorry but I don't drive the ship . It was wonderful. Our first time on a cruise and we definitely will go again. The weather was wonderful so I hope it will remain for her trip. Are they doing any excursions in PV or Cabo? We did Las Caletas in PV and I would recommend it to ANYONE. Was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. How old are your girls? Make sure she doesn't miss the Dreams show. Actually all of the shows were wonderful and my kids loved them. Not sure about the movies. They premiered Wreck it Ralph so that was the only one we saw and they also had Frakenweenie and a few others. Let me know if you have any other questions. I have heard nothing but good things about the Alaskan cruise so I am sure you will have a great time.
my3luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So the wife is on the Wonder, I am stuck at home due to work issues. So heartbreaking to hear the "ding ding ding" chimes of the various ships announcement when she calls, the last one was the Captain saying they will be late leaving Los Angeles because the fuel barge broke down and they have to get another one to the ship. Estimated departure is now 10PM, but hey, everyone is on the ship! I am one of those drive the boat out to sea and park for a week kind of guys, so it wouldnt bother me, except they will be late getting into Puerto Vallarta.

Wow that is some sense of timing. We have a hard time coordinating being on the phone while relatives are watching the PC webcam. I can't imagine trying to catch a random ship announcement. Its to bad you aren't there to hear it in person. Hope the rest of their cruise is problem free.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3luckycharms View Post
Sorry but I don't drive the ship . It was wonderful. Our first time on a cruise and we definitely will go again. The weather was wonderful so I hope it will remain for her trip. Are they doing any excursions in PV or Cabo? We did Las Caletas in PV and I would recommend it to ANYONE. Was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. How old are your girls? Make sure she doesn't miss the Dreams show. Actually all of the shows were wonderful and my kids loved them. Not sure about the movies. They premiered Wreck it Ralph so that was the only one we saw and they also had Frakenweenie and a few others. Let me know if you have any other questions. I have heard nothing but good things about the Alaskan cruise so I am sure you will have a great time.
We did Las Caletas in April on the Wonder, like you said, worth every penny. The girls are dying to see Wreck in Ralph and the new Tinkerbell movie, I am sure they will check those off the first sea day tomorrow. Is Christian still the cruise director? I have been away from the Disboards for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadekind View Post
Wow that is some sense of timing. We have a hard time coordinating being on the phone while relatives are watching the PC webcam. I can't imagine trying to catch a random ship announcement. Its to bad you aren't there to hear it in person. Hope the rest of their cruise is problem free.
She called me to inquire about the cabin I picked and what was going on. I told them they had an inside room and then upgraded them to a balcony as a surprise. While we were talking I could hear the ding ding ding announcement chime, and then she called me again and I heard the muster drill announcement telling the crew to get in position.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
AmanduhAnn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy

We did Las Caletas in April on the Wonder, like you said, worth every penny. The girls are dying to see Wreck in Ralph and the new Tinkerbell movie, I am sure they will check those off the first sea day tomorrow. Is Christian still the cruise director? I have been away from the Disboards for a while.

She called me to inquire about the cabin I picked and what was going on. I told them they had an inside room and then upgraded them to a balcony as a surprise. While we were talking I could hear the ding ding ding announcement chime, and then she called me again and I heard the muster drill announcement telling the crew to get in position.
The director is Jimmy. He is amazing.
They did not show the new Tinkerbell movie at all.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Not fair at all and isn't this the cruise you booked when you jumped ship on the May 20, 2013 cruise? You could always book that one again to tide you over until July.

I'm still trying to find a way to make the May cruise work for us so I haven't cancelled it yet.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Not fair at all and isn't this the cruise you booked when you jumped ship on the May 20, 2013 cruise? You could always book that one again to tide you over until July.

I'm still trying to find a way to make the May cruise work for us so I haven't cancelled it yet.
Yeah, I did. We had the May cruise all paid for, but decided to splurge and go for Alaska when my mom wanted to come and share the costs.

My wife just texted me and said she just ran into our favorite person from the cruise staff, Fiona, so the week has started well. I will find out in about ten minutes if they got the serving team I asked for....
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I hate when work gets in the way of our Disney fun. That's almost like torture hearing how everything is going.

If we do the May cruise it's going to be just DH & I as all of our other trips next year have extra people with us.

Maybe you and your wife should try escaping some where by yourselves.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanduhAnn

The director is Jimmy. He is amazing.
They did not show the new Tinkerbell movie at all.
Argh... We couldn't stand Jimmy. We loved Christian. Hopefully he's back when we cruise!
Twindaddy, enjoy your week alone. Eat take out, leave dishes in the sink and your socks on the floor. Pretend you're in college again!! (Maybe a bad idea for some folks!) the week will go by in no time
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #14
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
Argh... We couldn't stand Jimmy. We loved Christian. Hopefully he's back when we cruise!
Twindaddy, enjoy your week alone. Eat take out, leave dishes in the sink and your socks on the floor. Pretend you're in college again!! (Maybe a bad idea for some folks!) the week will go by in no time
What was the issue with Jimmy? I too loved Christian, I almost tipped him as we left last time but I wasnt sure if that is out of line. He made it such an awesome week.

And thanks for the kind words, I am sure if my wife read your post she would say I do all those things anyways....I guess now I can do all the things without being nagged! But I still miss my family. It is amazing how quiet a house feels when your kids are not in it.

BTW, wife just texted me, they are heading out. Darn you Disney, they did not get the server or assistant server I asked for, but they did get our head server. The assistant we love is in the same dining room, she came over and told them too many people asked for her, but she would be nearby and make sure they are well taken care of. They did get Dinesh, I think someone posted good things about him. But with Harry Simmons as the head server, they will be well taken care of.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #15
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

LOL, my last two cruises were without my hubby. The last one, was a kids sail free and I went with DD13, my mom and my nephew6.

He would tell me, "that's alright, I'll go to work to pay the cruise, and the next one." Then, when I tell him if I see a KSF I'm booking it. And he wants to go too! Me thinks he didn't mind it until we were gone Working 12 hours a day, having to come home to take the dog out and walked during the day and coming home to an empty house with take out. AND we sailed Mexico so he worried a bit. LOL The good news is, he won his trial. If I had known this, I would have rebooked onboard.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 11-05-2012 at 12:26 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: