Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #31
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

UPDATE:

I never heard back from the seller. I disputed the charge and ebay refunded my money. The seller did not fight the process, so I appreciate that. I am not sure what was wrong with the reservation that this had to happen in the first place?!? Maybe personal issues? Either way, I am glad to have the situation fixed!

I found a new seller who has been great with communication. (Thankfully!!!) And guess what? I have already received the BC confirmaton letter. Woo hoo!!

So, I would say that there is a bit of risk involved with renting a time share from ebay. It does involve a bit of blind trust, which is hard to do. Ebay is a big, big marketplace and you are dealing with so many different types of sellers. Anyway, I am now very happy to have my reservation set, and can't wait for our first trip to BC.

Thanks to everyone for sharing BC renting experiences. It was very helpful to me!

Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
Mom23Disneybelievers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFL View Post
I've bought several stays off Ebay and never had a problem but there is ONE seller who has less than desirable communication skills. We got the room we paid for and the dates we paid for but I know what you mean, the slow response to emails DOES cause a sense of panic.
Planning a vacation should be fun...not stressful! As someone pointed out earlier in the thread...part of the deal of getting a great price by renting a time share is the unknown. WBC can be rented directly from Wyndham for 2 or 3 times the price, but it is pretty much guaranteed. It is kind of a trade off, isn't it?

Mom23Disneybelievers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23Disneybelievers View Post
I am glad that everything went smoothly for you! That makes planning a vacation even more enjoyable, doesn't it?
As it was my first time I was extremely anxious about this, and to be fair it is pretty out of your hands, You can do everything the right way and still get the proverbial box of rocks, and if it happens you really don't have any recourse that will help when you need it. At some point you have to put your trust into people ( within reason). I'll wait till closer to the departure date and confirm the reservation with WBC but until then I'm not going to worry about it.

I think it is unfortunate that you had such poor communication, but for me the savings were well worth the small chance I'm getting scammed.

I'm glad that it seems to have worked out for you. I don't want to pry but did the new reservation cost more, less or the same as the first one ?
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #34
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23Disneybelievers View Post
UPDATE:

I never heard back from the seller. I disputed the charge and ebay refunded my money. The seller did not fight the process, so I appreciate that. I am not sure what was wrong with the reservation that this had to happen in the first place?!? Maybe personal issues? Either way, I am glad to have the situation fixed!

I found a new seller who has been great with communication. (Thankfully!!!) And guess what? I have already received the BC confirmaton letter. Woo hoo!!

So, I would say that there is a bit of risk involved with renting a time share from ebay. It does involve a bit of blind trust, which is hard to do. Ebay is a big, big marketplace and you are dealing with so many different types of sellers. Anyway, I am now very happy to have my reservation set, and can't wait for our first trip to BC.

Thanks to everyone for sharing BC renting experiences. It was very helpful to me!
This is so good to hear! Thanks for the update!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #35
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

OP, now that everything has been resolved, how about telling us the Ebay name of the seller you had the problems with....personally I would like to know so I can avoid them in the future.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #36
chimilady
DIS Veteran

YAY OP! glad it's resolved. I hope you leave negative feedback for the seller though.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote