Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

I was also going to suggest a pet-sitter. I have a friend who lives in Orlando who works with animals. I am sure you can use your resources wisely to find a pet-sitter to take your pup out for the day or sit at your campsite with the pup. With the money you are willing to spend, I am sure they will come pick up the pup, and bring her back on your schedule. In between, the pet-sitter can pamper the pup with walks or playing at the dog park, or getting groomed. That sounds cheaper than reserving 7 sites and handing out $100 gift cards.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #32
RVMH
badge

Smile

Obviously, there are strong opinions on this one! I would think the 1600-1900 loops might be quieter and thus less stressful for your pup. I agree w/ the TV/radio idea. We always leave the radio on and close all curtains so our dog can't see the "outside" world. Maybe you could try her out at home and listen to see if she continues to "talk". People are really pretty understanding on the pet loops especially if they know you're working on a problem.

Camping is great fun and the Fort is truly wonderful!! Don't be discouraged! That being said, try not to let your dog bother your neighbors if you can avoid it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #33
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwdd View Post
Dearest kazlac,

Disney makes wishes come true-for a price.

We have paid Disney staffers for a variety of extra special wishes.

For example, my daughter has ridden the Barnstormer with Donald, just the two of them-she has "turned on the lights" at the start of every Disney Parade we've ever been to with confetti, etc.-we walk into restaurants with no reservation and are seated immediately every time-front row at Fantasia every time-private meet and greets with the characters-no waiting in the Judge's Tent-, picnic on the grass, all food delivered-china plates and everything-you just have to pay extra and you can do whatever special thing you can come up with!

Trust me, they can be quite accommodating if you call and say you want to reserve 7 sites for two weeks, with all the trimmings, including the Platinum Magic Your Way packages!

Sorry, it DOES happen...every day at Disney! Thank goodness!!

Have a MAGICAL day!
Entitlement at it's finest. No need for anyone to respond because she is going to do what she wants to do regardless if it inconveniences others.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #34
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwdd View Post
Hi everybody,

My rotten chihuahua has many bad habits-one of which is her incessant howling when left alone. We are coming to FW in Feburary, 2013-we don't want to bother any other Happy Campers!

It's OK to be far away from the action because we will rent a golf cart to get to and from the settlement, etc. This will be the first time we have ever camped in our lives, any recommendations about anything would be helpful!

WE ARE CLUELESS!

Thanks so much mouseketeers!! So excited!!
OP, are you still here? Haven't heard anything from you on this thread since someone posted possible trolling

Some of your bragging was pretty far out which brought on the trolling issue. If you are that clueless about what to do, IF you actually do have a howling pet, I really feel for your neighbors at home
Old 11-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #35
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

North, I agree it's hard to believe most of the privilege boasting in OP's recent post. But it got MY blood boiling just to think someone could pull those strings and get such benefits. Ok, I'm cooling down now.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #36
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuponastarforever View Post
Possibly trolling?

I think so. (Though i am so forum niave i had to look up what trolling meant!) I defended a TROLL! Even when what it said didn't quite add up. I thought it was just sarcasm.

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #37
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Karma. My big curr dog, Aladdin, will NOT stop barking.

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #38
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

From her post about her Disney cruise, the daughter was 11. For her January cruise that the dad suprised them with for mom/daughter, the dad stayed behind to take care of the "pup". So the "pup" is over a year old now.

I think an 11 year old should be able to understand the "pup" needs to stay with a sitter. Perhap the child has special needs that would prevent her understanding. Children want a lot of things, doesn't mean the parents need to give in.

There are lots of animal hotels where the pup can go on his own vacation.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #39
JanL
Native Floridian

"Perhap the child has special needs"

Sounds more like the mom is needy!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #40
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

From her posts (12 - half of them on this thread) it sounds like she's the one living a *fantasy* life - no one rents 7 campsites to *cushion* their dog's howls, nor is it normal for people to give away $100 gift cards to bribe anyone complaining about said dog sure wouldn't be enough *hush* money to ruin my trip for . Also, all the *perks* seemingly done by Disney for her don't ring up!

The biggest *give away* that these are made - up things, is that once we caught on to her, she's never posted again unless she's changed names.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #41
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanL View Post
"Perhap the child has special needs"

Sounds more like the mom is needy!
If she had a special needs child, I'm sure she would have thrown that in as she sure wasn't hesitant about giving other info out that appears to be wrong. Most of us are far from ignorant, and the *red* flags go up on threads like this.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #42
PrincessNana
PrincessNana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tented1 View Post
I think so. (Though i am so forum niave i had to look up what trolling meant!) I defended a TROLL! Even when what it said didn't quite add up. I thought it was just sarcasm.
I had to look up trolling too. I just figured the OP was being sarcastic.
2006 Grand Floridian
2007 Ft. Wilderness Itasca Spirit 29'

2003 (New to Us) 40' Allegro Bus 350 Cummins
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #43
MattFromPA
Earning My Ears

I'll be there from the 11th to the 18th of this month. It will be our first time at FW, and I'm glad we aren't there with the OP! No offense meant, and she did indicate they are first-time campers. As a long-time camper with two dogs (who aren't going on this trip), we are very aware that extended barking is an annoyance. We are lucky that our dogs are well-behaved when we aren't at the camper. If they weren't, they would never go along. Every campground I've ever stayed at is explicit about animal behavior, and most campgrounds reserve the right to ask you to vacate if an animal becomes a real problem.

The fact is that your average camper is more likely to be a dog owner, and with that in mind most campers are tolerant of our four-legged friends. If the OP isn't a troll, please just be aware that you need to consider your neighbors when camping/RV'ing. A campground isn't typically a free-for-all where rules go out the window. A little common courtesy can go a long way.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #44
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tented1 View Post
You were giving the poster the benefit of doubt and taking the time to be very helpful and supportive. That is what the Dis is all about. I don't know if the poster if a troll. It just sounded that way. That, unfortunately is the dark side. Few and far between but they show up once in a while.

Always planning for the next trip
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #45
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I think the OP's location could be a clue too. Part of that location is slang for a certain body area that the sun don't shine on. Tender Donkey Perhaps???

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: