Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwdd
We have reserved 7 sites right next to each other!!!! Will park the RV in the 4th spot, hopefully cushioning our pup's noise from neighbors. As of now, there is only one other RV booked in the loop-away from our site. As usual, Disney CM I spoke to was very helpful.

I just purchased multiple $100 Mickey gift cards to hand out should a neighbor complain. This is costing a fortune...but it's the only way I can grant my little girl's wishes...to stay "in the bubble" and to be able to bring her 4-lb pup with us! (and if my neighbors don't complain, I can use the gift cards to pay for things at the end of our stay!!)

If any neighbors are still unhappy, we will retreat gracefully into a rental house, as usual.

There goes the college fund...just kidding! Kinda...
Bless your heart! Now if that isn't taking active steps to be a good neighbor I don't know what is!

I hope all your little girls Disney Dreams come true. And, the pup will be a little older by then too. Give it one of her old shoes. Has anyone ever tried owner voice recordings or even a video ? Just a thought.

Hope your trip is magical!

WDW 1969 WDL 1985 CBR 2007
Old 11-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
kazlac4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tented1 View Post
It's a chihuahua in an RV. Now I've got a cur that weighs 90 - 100 lbs and when he howls it is LOUD! Besides as stated aren't most people in the parks? Also how do you know the dog howls the whole time your away. At 1 point we were going to bring our inside Yorkie and put him at Best Friends Pet Kennel while in the parks and pick him up when at FW.

Also whose to say there might not be an empty site in Feb. that they could put her next to.

At least she had the courtesy to ask. She didn't have to and doesn't have to be accommodating to others except by choice. The Fort allows pets in pet loops. If you are a pet owner and camp in a pet loop that's part of it isn't it? No dogs in the loops ever bark, howl, whine or misbehave?
Being in a pet loop does NOT mean that "incessant howling" will need to be an accepted behavior by ANY dog, small or large. Putting up with an occasional bark or two is certainly to be expected, but incessant howling...No thanks! Please be a considerate camper and make plans to put your "barking" pooch in daycare. I know that is what we are making plans to do. On days we are at the park we will put her in daycare and pick her up for the time we are at the Fort. It is a win-win for us, the dog (who gets to play all day) and our neighbors! Yes it is an added cost but one that a responsible dog owner needs to factor in. Just my opinion!
2006 - All Star Movies
2009 - Fort Wilderness
2010 - Fort Wilderness
2011 - All Star Movies
2013 - Fort Wilderness
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
Tented1
Mouseketeer

Obviously, you didn't read what her resolution is.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #19
kazlac4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tented1 View Post
Obviously, you didn't read what her resolution is.
Actually I was typing my response at the same time she was giving what you call her "resolution". Tell me, if Disney does not assign sites until the week prior to arrival then how would she get 7 sites all next to one another? And giving $100 gift cards???? Also, there is no way a CM would tell her that there is only 1 site assigned on the next loop, for the same reason as stated above..NO SITES are assigned to loops 2+ months in advance..sorry, it just doesn't happen.
2006 - All Star Movies
2009 - Fort Wilderness
2010 - Fort Wilderness
2011 - All Star Movies
2013 - Fort Wilderness
Old 11-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
PrincessNana
PrincessNana

Check out the loops and sites on google earth or other apps. We like the 900 loop . We ask for a site in the back of the loop, no neighbors behind us, the sites have a lot of foliage between campsites and the loop is small and set off from the main road. We always leave the tv on and a fan to drown out any outside noise. So far, this has worked very well with our little barkers. When I request a site, I always ask for this type of campsite and I'm up front about my dogs and how this type of site will help control nervous barking.
2006 Grand Floridian
2007 Ft. Wilderness Itasca Spirit 29'

2003 (New to Us) 40' Allegro Bus 350 Cummins
Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
Tented1
Mouseketeer

This is all i could find with regard to FW pet policy, someone else may know where to access a list of substantive rules:

"Pets are welcome at a limited number of pet-friendly Preferred Hook-Up and Premium campsites. Please note that all pets must be kept handheld leash that is 6 feet or shorter or confined in the interior of the owner's personal recreational vehicle. For pop-ups and tents, pets must be secured in a container, such as a portable cage or kennel. Campsite Guests with pet privileges may take their dogs to play in the off-leash Waggin' Trails Dog Park or walk the many on-leash trails. So that our Guests with pets can enjoy ample time at the Walt Disney World theme parks and destinations, day and overnight kennel care is available at Best Friends Pet Care. If you find that this pet policy is no longer accurate, please submit a correction now."

WDW also says other loops can be designated as pet loops.

As for reserving multiple adjoining sites I don't pretend to know what CM's tell guests or what's booked and when. I do know I've read of campers requesting and getting adjoining sites. Likewise Feb. is value time and the fort may not be full.

I also suspect this over-the-top response may be a response to the initial post opinions.

Me? I'll worry about, barking, whining, howling, growling, drunk, loud, or crying FWC neighbors when I'm actually camping next to some and being disturbed. Until then, happy camping.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #22
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

The Fort is generally a quiet place, suitable for relaxation. A howling dog could disturb that quiet for hours before a complaint could be acted on by Management. I would be VERY upset if a neighbor had such a beast (whatever its size) next to me when me or my children were trying to catch a nap. I am paying a goodly price to stay there and am entitled to consideration as a paying customer. A printed pet policy does not preclude complaints from paying customers. Please leave the dog at home, with a relative, in a kennel, or anywhere other than the tranquil atmosphere of the Fort. Or leave one of the many family memebers/friends behind every day to quiet the pup.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #23
momwdd
Earning My Ears

You'd be surprised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazlac4 View Post
Actually I was typing my response at the same time she was giving what you call her "resolution". Tell me, if Disney does not assign sites until the week prior to arrival then how would she get 7 sites all next to one another? And giving $100 gift cards???? Also, there is no way a CM would tell her that there is only 1 site assigned on the next loop, for the same reason as stated above..NO SITES are assigned to loops 2+ months in advance..sorry, it just doesn't happen.

Dearest kazlac,

Disney makes wishes come true-for a price.

We have paid Disney staffers for a variety of extra special wishes.

For example, my daughter has ridden the Barnstormer with Donald, just the two of them-she has "turned on the lights" at the start of every Disney Parade we've ever been to with confetti, etc.-we walk into restaurants with no reservation and are seated immediately every time-front row at Fantasia every time-private meet and greets with the characters-no waiting in the Judge's Tent-, picnic on the grass, all food delivered-china plates and everything-you just have to pay extra and you can do whatever special thing you can come up with!

Trust me, they can be quite accommodating if you call and say you want to reserve 7 sites for two weeks, with all the trimmings, including the Platinum Magic Your Way packages!

Sorry, it DOES happen...every day at Disney! Thank goodness!!

Have a MAGICAL day!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
JanL
Native Floridian

Having had a FW campout ruined by a barking dog, I can tell you there are not enough gift cards in the world to make up for that level of annoyance. If it happens again, I would be calling the local authorities re pet abuse.

If you can afford all those gift cards and special site requests, you can afford the kennel...which would be way better for the pup anyway.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #25
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwdd View Post
Dearest kazlac,

Disney makes wishes come true-for a price.

We have paid Disney staffers for a variety of extra special wishes.

For example, my daughter has ridden the Barnstormer with Donald, just the two of them-she has "turned on the lights" at the start of every Disney Parade we've ever been to with confetti, etc.-we walk into restaurants with no reservation and are seated immediately every time-front row at Fantasia every time-private meet and greets with the characters-no waiting in the Judge's Tent-, picnic on the grass, all food delivered-china plates and everything-you just have to pay extra and you can do whatever special thing you can come up with!

Trust me, they can be quite accommodating if you call and say you want to reserve 7 sites for two weeks, with all the trimmings, including the Platinum Magic Your Way packages!

Sorry, it DOES happen...every day at Disney! Thank goodness!!

Have a MAGICAL day!
Wow! Brag much?

Maybe you will soon find out if money can also buy out the annoyances of others that have planned and paid good money to stay at FW. It wouldn't matter to me because I cannot tolerate constant howling, barking at any time - a few barks here and there, yes!

Hope your bribe money will ensure you and others a fantastic trip. We have stayed at FW since they opened and have never heard of another camper like you.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #26
Tiggerkmp
Earning My Ears

I will be there the first ten days of February myself and I pray that I will be nowhere near you! We do not spend all day every day in the park, part of our love for staying at (and paying the high price of) Fort Wilderness is the tranquility of spending quiet days at the campground. Your gift cards would NOT compensate us for the aggravation of listening to a howling dog. I used to live next to folks with two chihuahuas who would howl when the owners went on vacation. In a house, windows closed, a few hundred feet away...you could still hear them.

It is common campground courtesy to keep your pets under control and well-behaved. All the money in the world would not make up for making someone else's vacation miserable. JMHO.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #27
Butterbunkins
Mouseketeer

Obviously the dog is just unhappy to be left alone. Putting him in daycare would be far cheaper than 6 unused sites and numerous gift cards. And even more important, guests and animals alike will be much happier!

http://www.bestfriendspetcare.com/wa...ates/day-camp/
1986 - offsite, 1988 - offsite, 1989 - DL, 1992 - BC, 1994 - offsite, 1997 - offsite, 1998 - PO (DL), 1999 - CS, 1999 - Cast Member, 2002 - BCV, 2003 - DL, 2004 - CB, 2008 - BWV, 2010 (Honeymoon) - BWV

Next trip: Nov. 2012 FW (tent) for 2 nights then BWV for 7 nights

Mr. and Mrs. Butterbunkins
Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #28
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

Possibly trolling?

Always planning for the next trip
Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
elleherself
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuponastarforever View Post
Possibly trolling?
I would have to agree, I mean I have heard of "more money than sense" but this poster takes the ratio to another level.

If you can afford the price of seven campsites for your entire stay, why not just employ a pet-sitter during your vacation, if you are opposed to kennels? I am sure your dog would appreciate that much more than sitting stressed out and howling terribly with no one around to hear.

Even if you are making sure not to inconvenience others, I am not sure that causing your dog such stress to appease your daughter is the best solution. At any rate, I hope you can find a solution to help your dog's anxieties, maybe take a little of that "extra magic" trip budget and invest in a trainer.
May 2008 (MK and AK - Hilton) ~ October 2008 (Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, DHS, Howl-O-Scream @Busch Gardens, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios - offsite) ~ August 30, 2009 (24th Birthday at DHS! - stayed with family) ~ September 2009 (Epcot and MK - Saratoga Springs and Polynesian) ~ December 2009 (MK, Epcot, AK - offsite) ~ February 2010 (DHS, Epcot, MK - offsite) ~ October 2010 (MK, Epcot F&W, HS, AK, MNSSHP, Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure, Howl-O-Scream @Busch Gardens - FORT WILDERNESS CABIN!) ~ September 2012 (Epcot F&W, ToT 10 miler, MNSSHP, MK - Bonnet Creek)
Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

It sounds as if you consider the puppy a toy for your daughter, instead of a living breathing animal with needs of it's own. Leave the dog at home in the care of a dog sitter. Explain to your daughter just as she would be bored and lonely cooped up in the motor home all day, so would the dog.

It shouldn't be up to a small child to bring the dog along or not. The adults should be able to do the right thing by the dog (and the right thing for the other campers) by leaving a pet they know will be unhappy, and vocal about it, at home.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: