Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Xmas Stockings

What do you guys think of filling my kids Xmas stockings with the little things we need for the cruise? Kids are DD19, DS17, DS6. They will get good Christmas gifts that are not about the cruise, so I was thinking about filling the stocking with things like a new toothbrush, travel toothpaste, Disney gift card, Chapstick, travel deodorant, razors, and will get more age appropriate things for DS6. What do you guys think? Because its things I have to buy anyway it will save me money!
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Great idea.

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs1035
What do you guys think of filling my kids Xmas stockings with the little things we need for the cruise? Kids are DD19, DS17, DS6. They will get good Christmas gifts that are not about the cruise, so I was thinking about filling the stocking with things like a new toothbrush, travel toothpaste, Disney gift card, Chapstick, travel deodorant, razors, and will get more age appropriate things for DS6. What do you guys think? Because its things I have to buy anyway it will save me money!
That sounds like a great idea. To me, it seems like a combo of Christmas & a Disney cruise. What an excellent combo
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

What do they normally get in their stockings? What you've described is what my brothers and sisters and I always got, so it wouldn't be a clue that we were going on a cruise!
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58
What do they normally get in their stockings? What you've described is what my brothers and sisters and I always got, so it wouldn't be a clue that we were going on a cruise!
They already know about the cruise, they would normally get headphones, notepads, manicure sets, not usually toothbrushes or travel items.

Ugh, we got their stockings when they were 2, and they are hug, and now hard to fill!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

I do have a floppy sun hat, and beach tote that I could probably roll into my daughters?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

Maybe some prepackaged snacks for the theater? That should eat up some room. Also, you could wrap the gift card in a little box to take up more space.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman
Maybe some prepackaged snacks for the theater? That should eat up some room. Also, you could wrap the gift card in a little box to take up more space.
Haha, I like the gift card in a box! Lol, Idk if candy would last until May without the teens breaking into it! Tee Hee
Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
3monkeys4me
Mouseketeer

We frequently travel around the holidays so a lot of the items you mentioned are almost always stocking items in our house.

They get gum and/or other treats for the plane, itunes gift cards, books or other things to do during downtime, travel sized hygiene products, new water bottles, sunglasses, swimsuits, new earbuds if needed...etc...

That being said, usually we are leaving for the trip that day or sometime within the next few days...
3monkeys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeys4me
We frequently travel around the holidays so a lot of the items you mentioned are almost always stocking items in our house.

They get gum and/or other treats for the plane, itunes gift cards, books or other things to do during downtime, travel sized hygiene products, new water bottles, sunglasses, swimsuits, new earbuds if needed...etc...

That being said, usually we are leaving for the trip that day or sometime within the next few days...
Ohhhh, I like your ideas! Gum, water bottles, sunglasses..... Thank you
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
chimpwars
Earning My Ears

SO funny, we just got back from lowes and they had disney gift cards and I was thinking that would be perfect for the girls stockings and boxes of candy for the shows. For Christmas they are also getting pirate costumes and a call from Mickey about the cruise. (all still a secret )

Magic Cruise 1/13
chimpwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Easter Baskets are closer to the cruise

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpwars
SO funny, we just got back from lowes and they had disney gift cards and I was thinking that would be perfect for the girls stockings and boxes of candy for the shows. For Christmas they are also getting pirate costumes and a call from Mickey about the cruise. (all still a secret )
Omg! The pirate costumes are already bought! The costume buying was such a big deal, we wanted to look really authentic and bought somewhat expensive costumes, but they look fantastic! I'm the only one who doesn't have a costume, because I'm losing weight first. I can't believe they have Disney gift cards at lowes, lol! I will be buying gift cards for the stockings for sure! After Xmas we will still have 4.5 months to go, so maybe no candy? Or do you think it will last
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

It. Wouldn't last in our house but candy in a stocking always sounds like a good idea
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
chimpwars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs1035 View Post
Omg! The pirate costumes are already bought! The costume buying was such a big deal, we wanted to look really authentic and bought somewhat expensive costumes, but they look fantastic! I'm the only one who doesn't have a costume, because I'm losing weight first. I can't believe they have Disney gift cards at lowes, lol! I will be buying gift cards for the stockings for sure! After Xmas we will still have 4.5 months to go, so maybe no candy? Or do you think it will last
They had $25 and $50 Disney cards. LOL, the candy would not last if I was in the house for 5mo's.
I still need to get husbands costume, but i have mine (I actually really like it) and got the girls theirs-I so hope they like them

Magic Cruise 1/13
chimpwars is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: