Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #61
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swtonscrappn View Post
I am taking my mom from March 2nd-6th. She went to DL for half a day in 1975 and talked about it our entire childhoods (but we had never gone). My family has gone twice in the last three years and I told her that March is her turn. We are staying at the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive...its uber cheap and allows us to splurge on some extras.

I think this year we will take the Walk in Disneys Footsteps tour, eat at the Blue Bayou, and grab a few character breakfasts. March is coming quickly
what a fun treat for your mom! we are going to do that tour on my DD bday trip and LOVE flue Bayou! it can't come quick enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
We will be there from feb 28 till march 8. Fly into LAX at 7am. Drive to DL and vo straight to parks. I think DL does not open till 10am that day. There are 15 of us travelling as 8 adults and 7 kids. We are all staying at Marriott Suites Anaheim. Hope to meet some fellow DIS there. Please add us to the march list.
wow that's a big group! good luck! will be easy to find you all in a crowd!!! DD dance group will be performing in DCA on 3/4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaqjaq View Post
Two adults and two kids flying from Perth Australia, doing disneyland from the 2nd to the 7th of March and then heading onto another two and a half weeks taking in the rest of LA, vegas and NYC.

Staying at Paradise Pier

Can't wait!!!


sounds like a great trip!


thought I'd share a photo of Megan and I from our last trip to DLR

__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #62
8timesblessed
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 473

I'm taking our twins March 2-5. Now to decide where to stay. Anyone know what's happening during that time? Looks like cheer groups may be in town??
__________________
DVC member VGC since 2010
Mommy to 3 Princesses and 5 Handsome Princes
Me(42) DH(48) DS(15) DD(14) DS(13) DS(11) DS(9) DD(8) DD(8) DS(7)
1st trip VGC May 2010, WDW with 2boys 3/11, WDW all of us 10/11, DH and I DL 12/11, surprise trip for our youngest coming up 2/29-3/3! 6th birthday on Route 66 June 20-23. DL 12/1-10/12. DL 10/29-11/7. First Cruise May 2014 and WDW for Star wars weekend.
8timesblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #63
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!
 
PrincessKell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sonoma Ca
Posts: 1,425

we will be there the 1st to the 3rd! We will be there f8r the Jr national's cheer competition.
__________________
PrincessKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #64
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!
 
PrincessKell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sonoma Ca
Posts: 1,425

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
I'm taking our twins March 2-5. Now to decide where to stay. Anyone know what's happening during that time? Looks like cheer groups may be in town??
yes you are correct. Saturday and Sunday is USA Jr national cheer competition. it's going to be slashed, med with cheerleaders. The competition is inside California. both Saturday and Sunday.
__________________
PrincessKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #65
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
I'm taking our twins March 2-5. Now to decide where to stay. Anyone know what's happening during that time? Looks like cheer groups may be in town??
you're from my neck of the woods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKell View Post
we will be there the 1st to the 3rd! We will be there f8r the Jr national's cheer competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKell View Post
yes you are correct. Saturday and Sunday is USA Jr national cheer competition. it's going to be slashed, med with cheerleaders. The competition is inside California. both Saturday and Sunday.
sounds like its going to be a busy weekend! our dance group performs Monday in DCA...need to pass on the info to our group!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #66
danaesacto
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: near Sacramento
Posts: 659

Hello March friends! I just switched everything from February to March. We have reservations at BW Park Place Inn from March 8 thru 13. We haven't been to DL in about 6 years- our girls are now 12 & 14 so they will be interested in different things since the last time we were there We are considering going to Medieval Times or Pirates dinner our first night- we from Sac area. If anyone has input on what this age would like better I'd love to hear it. They are fun kids- not bored by everything types

Feeling the girls would be old enough to appreciate Blue Bayou and fun dining experiences this time- not character as much. So excited- they will find out Christmas morning. I bought new tees and gift cards for their stockings. I bought the gift cards when the personalized ones were on sale so they have a picture of the girls when they were at DL and they were little on them

Have a magical day
__________________
Amazing Trip March 9-11, 2013
Thank you DisBoard and all those who helped us plan!
danaesacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #67
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaesacto View Post
Hello March friends! I just switched everything from February to March. We have reservations at BW Park Place Inn from March 8 thru 13. We haven't been to DL in about 6 years- our girls are now 12 & 14 so they will be interested in different things since the last time we were there We are considering going to Medieval Times or Pirates dinner our first night- we from Sac area. If anyone has input on what this age would like better I'd love to hear it. They are fun kids- not bored by everything types

Feeling the girls would be old enough to appreciate Blue Bayou and fun dining experiences this time- not character as much. So excited- they will find out Christmas morning. I bought new tees and gift cards for their stockings. I bought the gift cards when the personalized ones were on sale so they have a picture of the girls when they were at DL and they were little on them

Have a magical day


what a wonderful surprise for your girls!
my DD is 12 and LOVES Blue Bayou and still enjoys the character meals too!
not sure about the Medival Times or Pirate dinners- haven't done them -

will get you added to the first post!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #68
georgiesmum
Mouseketeer
 
georgiesmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaesacto View Post
Hello March friends! I just switched everything from February to March. We have reservations at BW Park Place Inn from March 8 thru 13. We haven't been to DL in about 6 years- our girls are now 12 & 14 so they will be interested in different things since the last time we were there We are considering going to Medieval Times or Pirates dinner our first night- we from Sac area. If anyone has input on what this age would like better I'd love to hear it. They are fun kids- not bored by everything types

Feeling the girls would be old enough to appreciate Blue Bayou and fun dining experiences this time- not character as much. So excited- they will find out Christmas morning. I bought new tees and gift cards for their stockings. I bought the gift cards when the personalized ones were on sale so they have a picture of the girls when they were at DL and they were little on them

Have a magical day
Here's a link for some coupons which include discount at Pirates and Medieval Times.
http://anaheimoc.org/coupons

Last edited by georgiesmum; 12-24-2012 at 06:15 AM.
georgiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #69
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

stopping by to wish all our March DISers and very Merry Christmas

__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #70
danaesacto
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: near Sacramento
Posts: 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiesmum View Post
Here's a link for some coupons which include discount at Pirates and Medieval Times.
http://anaheimoc.org/coupons

Thank you!

Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for the welcome mommy2mrb
__________________
Amazing Trip March 9-11, 2013
Thank you DisBoard and all those who helped us plan!
danaesacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #71
Scorpguy
Earning My Ears
 
Scorpguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1

Going march 30th-April 3rd first time since 95'... Staying at BW Stovall Inn?? Anyone stayed here before, any info would be great...Goofys kitchen is in my plan, thinking of doing first morning breakfast there. This is my first time off property and would like to order some things to be waiting in the rooms on arrival, I cannot find out if they will deliver to an off property hotel before arrival, does anyone know where I should look, or who to contact. Thank you have a merry Everything and a happy always!
Scorpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #72
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow
 
tchrrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,712

I cannot believe that our trip is less than 100 days away, and I haven't planned a thing! For our WDW trips, I have detailed minute by minute plans done months in advance. Then, I usually start packing about a month or two out. For some reason, I am convinced that DL is going to be so much easier that I haven't done anything yet. Should I start to panic yet? lol

- I know where we want to eat, but I can't make reservations for a few more weeks.
- I know that we need to do Carsland during an early entry morning.
- We are staying at the GC, and I think that we'll probably walk to the main entrance in the mornings. We'll probably try to leave the room about 45 minutes before opening.

What else do I need to figure out? I haven't even looked at the map to see where rides are located! This is SO out of character for me, but DH is looking forward to a more relaxed trip than WDW. We'll see!
__________________
Me (37) DH (40) DD (14)


2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #73
danaesacto
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: near Sacramento
Posts: 659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpguy View Post
Going march 30th-April 3rd first time since 95'... Staying at BW Stovall Inn?? Anyone stayed here before, any info would be great...Goofys kitchen is in my plan, thinking of doing first morning breakfast there. This is my first time off property and would like to order some things to be waiting in the rooms on arrival, I cannot find out if they will deliver to an off property hotel before arrival, does anyone know where I should look, or who to contact. Thank you have a merry Everything and a happy always!

Haven't stayed there but nearly did this trip- I really looked into it. Comments are that it is clean and nice, rooms a bit small and dark. The walk isn't bad- just a different direction- there is a nice map with walking information somewhere in this forum- try the stickies at the top of the forum posts? Make sure you sign up for BW rewards- they add up fast- even with just a few stays a year you will get a $50 gift card to use on your next trip. I got their credit card and used it for Christmas online shopping- and paid things off ASAP- I have about $150 in rewards right now

If you mean groceries for your room everyone recommends Vons. If you mean something else- not sure then.
WHOOHOO and congrats to you on the trip
__________________
Amazing Trip March 9-11, 2013
Thank you DisBoard and all those who helped us plan!
danaesacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #74
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpguy View Post
Going march 30th-April 3rd first time since 95'... Staying at BW Stovall Inn?? Anyone stayed here before, any info would be great...Goofys kitchen is in my plan, thinking of doing first morning breakfast there. This is my first time off property and would like to order some things to be waiting in the rooms on arrival, I cannot find out if they will deliver to an off property hotel before arrival, does anyone know where I should look, or who to contact. Thank you have a merry Everything and a happy always!
never stayed there before...know that Von's delivers groceries, etc. maybe check Wal-mart or Target too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
I cannot believe that our trip is less than 100 days away, and I haven't planned a thing! For our WDW trips, I have detailed minute by minute plans done months in advance. Then, I usually start packing about a month or two out. For some reason, I am convinced that DL is going to be so much easier that I haven't done anything yet. Should I start to panic yet? lol

- I know where we want to eat, but I can't make reservations for a few more weeks.
- I know that we need to do Carsland during an early entry morning.
- We are staying at the GC, and I think that we'll probably walk to the main entrance in the mornings. We'll probably try to leave the room about 45 minutes before opening.

What else do I need to figure out? I haven't even looked at the map to see where rides are located! This is SO out of character for me, but DH is looking forward to a more relaxed trip than WDW. We'll see!
DLR is so much easier to plan....and since we only get 60 days to make dining, tour ressies it does cut way down on the time we get too!
DLR is easy to park hop and get to DTD than WDW too.
check out the maps, before you go, or you will be hey where is that ride
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #75
dcraythorn
Mouseketeer
 
dcraythorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 165

I have stayed at the BW Stovall's twice now. It's nice. I like the rooms and the beds are really nice. I have already booked my 3rd time for Dec2013. The have some 2 pools, one is warm, the other cold and 2 hot tubs. They do have a breakfast, but it is nothing to write home about.
dcraythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.