Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
smiley87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb

how exciting, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! we usually stay at the Marriott Fairfield, its about a 15 minute walk from the hotel to the gates and very nice, clean!
Thanks for the wishes and suggestion! We arrive at 6:30am at LAX, so unsure which transport to use so early in the morning (this is our first trip to DLR). Hoping to book a Fantasmic dessert package one night, and maybe a surprise cake for when we arrive. Hope you have a lovely holiday too!
smiley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer

We're hoping to make it down the end of March

SGDisneyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
mathmom32
Mouseketeer

We are going March 1-9. We got a great rate at the DI&S for $119/night for the C1 suite. (It jumped to $199/night a few weeks after I booked back in July.) We wanted to do 6 days in the park, but since they did away with the 6 day hoppers, we will do 5 days and then go to Legoland the 6th day. My boys (age 8 and 13) are HUGE Lego fans and still talk about when we went to Legoland in 2009. We have been planning this trip since the last time we went to Disneyland as a family in 2010. We wanted to go back after Cars Land opened and SOME of the related crowds died down, and now it is less than 4 months away. (DD and I will be there next week with my mom, and the boys are not too happy about that!)

It will be me, DH, 15yo DD, 13yo DS, 8yo DS. We will be joined by my husband's sister, her DH, 14yo DS and 9yo DD for a beach day, 3 Disney days, and the Lego day. I am super excited, and the kids are excited to share part of the trip with their favorite cousins!
mathmom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #19
dcraythorn
Mouseketeer

I'll be there March 1 thru the 4th. Just a short girls trip with my wonderful nieces. I can't wait.
dcraythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #20
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
Thanks! I asked her if she wanted a birthday cake this year, but she requested the Fantasmic dessert party instead. We are also doing the 1-day ABD tour. Any ideas for a great birthday surprise for her?
we haven't done the F! dessert party, is a possibility though....You will LOVE the ABD tour, we took it in Feb and was the best $$ I've ever spent at Disney!!! so many fun treats and little surprises along the way! our guides were Dean and Michael, so fun!!! you could always order a surprise to be delivered to the room...I will try to find the # to call...also add to your ressie its her bday, you might get balloons at check in....ask for a bday button

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
The tentative plan is 3 days in Hollywood checking out the sights and visiting Universal Studios. I really want to see a movie at El Capitain eat at Disney Soda Fountain and do the TMZ bus tour. Oh and I want to buy a cupcake from the Sprinkles ATM. We will probably stay at Sheraton Universal.

Then 5 days at Disneyland. We really want to do a Minnie and Friends breakfast. It's on our must do list. We're thinking about Sheraton Park.

After that just one day in San Diego and Seaworld. I also hope to see the Pacific Ocean. It's out first time going to California and the West coast. I've had a chance to get my feet wet in the Atlantic Ocean and just think it would be fun to do the same thing in the Pacific.

We want to do the Socal City pass. I'm thinking about buying them from the Universal website as they give you a second day free. I've heard you don't need 2 days there but I thought it might be fun to have the flexibility of 2 days in case we wanted to do 2 half days and spend our afternoons doing other things. I want to try to add 2 days to the Disneyland tickets once we get there if possible.
sounds like a fun trip! sprinkles cupcakes are so yummy!!! Minnie & friends is a fun breakfast! not a Universal lover, but its a fun park and there is the City Walk too! beach day is always a fun and relaxing time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley87 View Post
Thanks for the wishes and suggestion! We arrive at 6:30am at LAX, so unsure which transport to use so early in the morning (this is our first trip to DLR). Hoping to book a Fantasmic dessert package one night, and maybe a surprise cake for when we arrive. Hope you have a lovely holiday too!
have you looked into SuperShuttle? we use them all the time and think they have extended hours if not 24 hours...thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDisneyFam View Post
We're hoping to make it down the end of March
Welcome! just let me know if you want me to add dates and resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathmom32 View Post
We are going March 1-9. We got a great rate at the DI&S for $119/night for the C1 suite. (It jumped to $199/night a few weeks after I booked back in July.) We wanted to do 6 days in the park, but since they did away with the 6 day hoppers, we will do 5 days and then go to Legoland the 6th day. My boys (age 8 and 13) are HUGE Lego fans and still talk about when we went to Legoland in 2009. We have been planning this trip since the last time we went to Disneyland as a family in 2010. We wanted to go back after Cars Land opened and SOME of the related crowds died down, and now it is less than 4 months away. (DD and I will be there next week with my mom, and the boys are not too happy about that!)

It will be me, DH, 15yo DD, 13yo DS, 8yo DS. We will be joined by my husband's sister, her DH, 14yo DS and 9yo DD for a beach day, 3 Disney days, and the Lego day. I am super excited, and the kids are excited to share part of the trip with their favorite cousins!
Welcome! that's a great price for a suite! haven't been to Legoland since my DD was 4, but we loved it! hoping Carsland will be a bit calmer too, but know it won't...just have to have a good plan for getting there and FP's! fun getting a bonus adult trip too! maybe we will see you in the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcraythorn View Post
I'll be there March 1 thru the 4th. Just a short girls trip with my wonderful nieces. I can't wait.

Welcome! what a nice aunt you are to take them! maybe we will see you girls! do you know yet where you're staying?

mommy2mrb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #21
julydeya
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at the Ramada Maingate. Arrive on the 25th at LAX 10:15 a.m. Will take the Dinseyland Express Resort for the transportation because we donīt want to take the car seat with us. Will buy a 3 day park hopper so we will probably visit CA that afteroon. Want to do the Ariel lunch at CA and the Minnie breakfast at Disneyland, but are not sure yet which one will do first (different days of course)
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by julydeya View Post
We will be staying at the Ramada Maingate. Arrive on the 25th at LAX 10:15 a.m. Will take the Dinseyland Express Resort for the transportation because we donīt want to take the car seat with us. Will buy a 3 day park hopper so we will probably visit CA that afteroon. Want to do the Ariel lunch at CA and the Minnie breakfast at Disneyland, but are not sure yet which one will do first (different days of course)
haven't stayed there, but have heard good reviews! love the minnie breakfast and Ariel is a fun meal, get to meet all the ladies without standing in line

Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #23
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

We will. March 11-14. It will be my bro inlaws first time as well as my niece.
princesszelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #24
HannaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I asked her if she wanted a birthday cake this year, but she requested the Fantasmic dessert party instead. We are also doing the 1-day ABD tour. Any ideas for a great birthday surprise for her?
Hey tchrrx, what is a 1-day ABD tour?

When are you making your ressies for the Fantasmic Dessert Party?

I am having a hard time waiting for hours to be released and getting my reservations made.

When should we expect hours to be released?

When planning for a WDW vacation, I plan park days based on crowd predictions and EMH. It does not appear that is so important at DL since you can park hop so easily.

Is a beach day feasible or will it be too cold?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #25
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
We will. March 11-14. It will be my bro inlaws first time as well as my niece.
welcome! how fun to share the magic with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaBelle View Post
Hey tchrrx, what is a 1-day ABD tour?

When are you making your ressies for the Fantasmic Dessert Party?

I am having a hard time waiting for hours to be released and getting my reservations made.

When should we expect hours to be released?

When planning for a WDW vacation, I plan park days based on crowd predictions and EMH. It does not appear that is so important at DL since you can park hop so easily.

Is a beach day feasible or will it be too cold?
ABD is Adventures by Disney....they are running a one day tour called Lights, Camera, Magic! we took it in Feb and I HIGHLY recommend it! go check it out at their website!

park hours typically come out 6-7 weeks ahead of time...which is so hard to plan....PS dining can be made 60 days out, tours 30 days and I think Fantasmic is 60 days too.

I've never used a crowd predictor for DLR, yes PH is so much easier.

beach weather in March is iffy....water is much colder than the Atlantic even in the summer...which beach are you thinking of going too?

Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
welcome! how fun to share the magic with them!

ABD is Adventures by Disney....they are running a one day tour called Lights, Camera, Magic! we took it in Feb and I HIGHLY recommend it! go check it out at their website!

park hours typically come out 6-7 weeks ahead of time...which is so hard to plan....PS dining can be made 60 days out, tours 30 days and I think Fantasmic is 60 days too.
We have done two other ABD trips (Spirit of America and Southwest Splendors). I am curious as to how a day trip will be.

I don't know when I'm making reservations for anything! If I remember right, the Dessert party can be booked about 90 days out. Does that sound right?

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
mommy2mrb

Quote:
We have done two other ABD trips (Spirit of America and Southwest Splendors). I am curious as to how a day trip will be.

I don't know when I'm making reservations for anything! If I remember right, the Dessert party can be booked about 90 days out. Does that sound right?
would love to do the spirit of america tour some day....we are planning on doing a couple tours BTB when my DD graduates high school!

I think its 60 days since its through dining...know its not 90 days!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #28
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

I am excited to share the Disney magic with them. We are staying at the BWPPI.
princesszelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #29
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
I am excited to share the Disney magic with them. We are staying at the BWPPI.
will get your resort added! don't forget to get a photo of your neice seeing it for the first time

Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #30
mommy2mrb

FYI ~ found info for Fantasmic Dessert Party if you haven't already read it, has everything you need to know....

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671983

you can make reservations 30 days out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: