Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

DCL website survey

I took the feedback survey while surfing the site to triple check that the 2014 dates hadn't been released. Well I was probably a tad frustrated with having checked twice daily for the entire month of October so I kind of took my frustrations out and commented (lots) on how much I expected dates to be out by now.
Have any of you ever used the surveys in this manner?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

No....I did get an e-mail saying that the Dream and Fantasy dates and rates were expected any time now, but that the Magic and Wonder info would probably be delayed. Sorry, but the source is not allowed to be posted and I've been warned by the powers that be.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
No....I did get an e-mail saying that the Dream and Fantasy dates and rates were expected any time now, but that the Magic and Wonder info would probably be delayed. Sorry, but the source is not allowed to be posted and I've been warned by the powers that be.
Soooo, can I infer its a ta of some sort?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
In other words, the Dream and Fantasy itineraries will be the same ol same ol. Here's hoping they come up with something "interesting" for the Magic and the Wonder. We just got off the Fantasy this morning. I figured we'd just get the latest guesses instead of actual info, so I didn't even ask when the new dates would be released.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The Dream and Fantasy are obligated by contract to be going out of Port Canaveral for some time--5 years, maybe? DCL is required to do a specified number of dockings with these new ships each year. They can make that number with either ship, but that was the requirement for the terminal upgrades that were made. So they are pretty much stuck with some variety of the current schedule although some alternate ports are possible. Of course, there aren't too many ports that can handle ships that large.

Failure to make the required number of dockings will either result in some fancy re-negotiations (it happened once with the Magic and Wonder) or a hefty fine.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
The Dream and Fantasy are obligated by contract to be going out of Port Canaveral for some time--5 years, maybe? DCL is required to do a specified number of dockings with these new ships each year. They can make that number with either ship, but that was the requirement for the terminal upgrades that were made. So they are pretty much stuck with some variety of the current schedule although some alternate ports are possible. Of course, there aren't too many ports that can handle ships that large.

Failure to make the required number of dockings will either result in some fancy re-negotiations (it happened once with the Magic and Wonder) or a hefty fine.
I'm aware.
But given that I live within an hour of Houston, I'm much more interested in the Galveston itineraries. And I'd rather book than just guess where it might be. Especially as the fall 2013 Wonder cruises still appear in flux.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 11-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #7
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Ya know, they'll tell us when they're ready! We were disappointed, too, when they weren't released by the end of October. We had hoped to book something in 2014 while on the second Hawai'ian cruise last week, but it didn't happen. (So we're sailing on a different cruise line in January '14.) And Disney hasn't publicly said when to expect the new schedules.

They did throw us a bone when they offered a deeper discount on a Galveston cruise that includes a day at WDW with Park Hopper and transport from PC (plus Key West) - which we booked, of course. That's two bucket-list ticks, there for sailing from Galveston and Key West.

I noted with interest that there's a map on the website that shows Galveston/Jamaica (Freeport) /Galveston -- though I'm not anxious to visit Jamaica any time soon unless they dock at Ocho Rios so we can visit Noel Coward's Firefly. That would be another tick-off from the bucket list.

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4travel
Ya know, they'll tell us when they're ready! We were disappointed, too, when they weren't released by the end of October. We had hoped to book something in 2014 while on the second Hawai'ian cruise last week, but it didn't happen. (So we're sailing on a different cruise line in January '14.) And Disney hasn't publicly said when to expect the new schedules.

They did throw us a bone when they offered a deeper discount on a Galveston cruise that includes a day at WDW with Park Hopper and transport from PC (plus Key West) - which we booked, of course. That's two bucket-list ticks, there for sailing from Galveston and Key West.

I noted with interest that there's a map on the website that shows Galveston/Jamaica (Freeport) /Galveston -- though I'm not anxious to visit Jamaica any time soon unless they dock at Ocho Rios so we can visit Noel Coward's Firefly. That would be another tick-off from the bucket list.
The Jamaica sailing are on the Wonder fall 2013 out of Galveston.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: