Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Have yourself a merry little Christmas... PTR

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas, let your heart be light
From now on our troubles will be out of sight..."

Last December I had the most magical holiday of my life. I ate good food, met
some wonderful characters, behaved like a big kid and got engaged to my childhood
sweetheart and love of my life on the balcony of Sleeping Beauty's castle...

... And this December, we're doing it all over again.
(without the proposal!)

THE CAST

THE LOGISTICS

We're traveling direct on the Eurostar from St Pancras on Monday 10th December.
We'll be spending four nights and five heavenly days at Hotel New York.
We're catching the Eurostar home on Friday 14th December (my birthday!).

THE FOOD

We definitely want to eat at Blue Lagoon and Annette's again.
I've yet to decide whether I want to eat at Inventions or Auberge for my birthday.
Counter service favourites are Casey's Corner, Bella Notte and Colonel Hathis.
We'd love to eat at Walts again if we can fit in it.
We're planning to have breakfast at DLH on my birthday.

THE AIMS

To utilise EMH every morning again.
To get a photo with at least one princess.
To stock up on some Disney bits for the kitchen.
To buy another DLP Christmas decoration (or three!).

Can't I just go now please?!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Sounds like a wonderful trip!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

omg you are going back...your last years TR was the most romantic i have ever read. I cried and cried when you got engaged!! How lovely that you are going back this year! You will love HNY..we used to stay there until we stayed at DLH and we have never been able to stay anywhere else since lol BUT HNY was by far our second favourite after DLH and its lovely at xmas with the ice rink outside! I cant wait to hear all about your trip this year. My little daughter looked at your pic and thought you were one of the princesses...shes right you def do look like one of them...ariel maybe?

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip!!
Thank you, I'm hoping it will be! Although the fact that it's at DLP should be enough to make it magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
omg you are going back...your last years TR was the most romantic i have ever read. I cried and cried when you got engaged!! How lovely that you are going back this year! You will love HNY..we used to stay there until we stayed at DLH and we have never been able to stay anywhere else since lol BUT HNY was by far our second favourite after DLH and its lovely at xmas with the ice rink outside! I cant wait to hear all about your trip this year. My little daughter looked at your pic and thought you were one of the princesses...shes right you def do look like one of them...ariel maybe?
I'm so glad that you enjoyed my last TR, I had so much fun writing it and reliving all the lovely memories. We adored HNY last year and I can't wait to step foot back in that lovely vanilla scented lobby!

Your little girl sounds so sweet! A couple of years ago I considered taking a gap year and applying for a job as a costume character, but I'm actually too tall to be a princess! I was gutted, but at least I still get to see DLP from an outsider's perspective instead of seeing what goes on behind the scenes - keeps the Disney magic alive.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

Yay you have started this is very exciting.

I love the little introduction! Love having a song quote theme PTR/TR

You can't go yet we go before you and I'm not ready yet lol! I'll be keeping up with all your plans and look forward to getting excited and Christmassy with you.

Xxx

And I have to say I LOVE YOUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Yay you have started this is very exciting.

I love the little introduction! Love having a song quote theme PTR/TR

You can't go yet we go before you and I'm not ready yet lol! I'll be keeping up with all your plans and look forward to getting excited and Christmassy with you.

Xxx

And I have to say I LOVE YOUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS!
Thank you so much! I'm so excited about your trip, because then it means mine is almost here - I can't wait to hear your highlights! And I'm hoping you'll have bought Elsie some Christmassy little costumes

We were so pleased with the photos! Not as much Disney as we originally planned, but we managed to get some in there. You can see the rest here.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarasweet View Post
Thank you so much! I'm so excited about your trip, because then it means mine is almost here - I can't wait to hear your highlights! And I'm hoping you'll have bought Elsie some Christmassy little costumes

We were so pleased with the photos! Not as much Disney as we originally planned, but we managed to get some in there. You can see the rest here.
Wow wow wow wow wow! They are amazing!!!

I'm actually considering a costume free trip as it will be cold she will have coat over it! She does have the belle Christmas dress that could sneak in to the suit case

I like its just a subtle hint of Disney.

And wow at modelling

Where abouts in bath are you from? X
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow wow wow wow wow! They are amazing!!!

I'm actually considering a costume free trip as it will be cold she will have coat over it! She does have the belle Christmas dress that could sneak in to the suit case

I like its just a subtle hint of Disney.

And wow at modelling

Where abouts in bath are you from? X
I'm so glad you like them! We considered Mickey/Minnie ears but the story book was a bit more subtle

Fair enough, I always pack loads of Disney shirts for our December trips only for them to be hidden away under layers of jumpers and coats! At least they get a chance to shine when we have meals. As a birthday present to myself I'm also commissioning some custom glitter Minnie ears with holly instead of a bow from a friend who owns a hair accessory company

We live in Oldfield Park, which is pretty much dominated by other students. It's great because we live a stones through from all of our friends now, but we're not allowed pets in our flat so I'm tempted to move somewhere new next year so we can get a kitten!

Where are you based in Somerset?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarasweet
As a birthday present to myself I'm also commissioning some custom glitter Minnie ears with holly instead of a bow from a friend who owns a hair accessory company
Oh my word - I cannot wait to see these!!!!!!!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarasweet

I'm so glad you like them! We considered Mickey/Minnie ears but the story book was a bit more subtle

Fair enough, I always pack loads of Disney shirts for our December trips only for them to be hidden away under layers of jumpers and coats! At least they get a chance to shine when we have meals. As a birthday present to myself I'm also commissioning some custom glitter Minnie ears with holly instead of a bow from a friend who owns a hair accessory company

We live in Oldfield Park, which is pretty much dominated by other students. It's great because we live a stones through from all of our friends now, but we're not allowed pets in our flat so I'm tempted to move somewhere new next year so we can get a kitten!

Where are you based in Somerset?
They have something similar on the disneystore website at the moment under Disney parks then Christmas.

We are in burnham on sea? I love bath it's such a beautiful place. Love the Christmas market

Aw that's cute I would love a dog but at the moment don't think I'd cope with a crazy child and a puppy lol!

She has Disney t shirts and jumpers for the trip of course but we aren't even planning on a table meal this time x
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #11
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
Oh my word - I cannot wait to see these!!!!!!!!!
Neither can I! I've searched and searched for a pair I love, but I just can't find anywhere selling them. Plus I really wanted that Christmassy element since we only ever go in December - I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of them over the years!

Quote:
They have something similar on the disneystore website at the moment under Disney parks then Christmas.

We are in burnham on sea? I love bath it's such a beautiful place. Love the Christmas market

Aw that's cute I would love a dog but at the moment don't think I'd cope with a crazy child and a puppy lol!

She has Disney t shirts and jumpers for the trip of course but we aren't even planning on a table meal this time x
I've seen those ones but the red would clash with my hair! I remember trying on one of the classic Minnie hats last year and the bow looked odd against it. The custom pair will have black ears, holly where the bow would be and a couple of red berries in the middle (I'm very fussy when it comes to my hair accessories!).

I've never been to Burnham on Sea, I do miss living on the coast though! It's always a novelty when I visit my parents in Cornwall. I do love living in Bath, especially now we have our own place, and I can't wait for the Christmas market! I love the way it springs up in late November - once the market has arrived I don't feel guilty really getting into the Christmas spirit

How long are you going for this time? I can't say I blame you for not doing any table meals, I love them but I always get fidgety towards the end wanting to get back into the parks. DFi's favourite part last year was the food, so I there would be trouble if I ever suggested a table meal free trip!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #12
tinks_1989
need a like button

Being our third trip this year though it's not like we have missed out.

We are doing 2 nights we don't arrive till 9pm Sunday so just 2 days as well as our flight is late and out transfer back to the airport is at 7 so we have pretty much a full 2 days.

Will you let me know when the Christmas market starts so I don't miss it please?

They sound much nicer then the ones on the website then look forward to seeing them x
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Since we only get one annual trip they do tend to be pretty intensive! In an ideal world I'd want to eat at Walts, Inventions and Auberge, but once you add up drinks and everything it gets so expensive Blue Lagoon and Anette's are definitely on the cards, at least they're somewhat more affordable!

The market is from the 22nd November-9th December, so you should be able to fit in a trip before you head to DLP to get you in the festive spirit

I really want to start drawing up our meal plans, but DFi still thinks it's too early - boo!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by megarasweet View Post
Since we only get one annual trip they do tend to be pretty intensive! In an ideal world I'd want to eat at Walts, Inventions and Auberge, but once you add up drinks and everything it gets so expensive Blue Lagoon and Anette's are definitely on the cards, at least they're somewhat more affordable!

The market is from the 22nd November-9th December, so you should be able to fit in a trip before you head to DLP to get you in the festive spirit

I really want to start drawing up our meal plans, but DFi still thinks it's too early - boo!
Ah thanks I have just marked my calendar :D

Yeah our other two trips we did all the Tables meals we wanted to. If it were just Dave and I we would probably still squeeze in a meal but this trip is only to see the Christmas decorations, parades, Santa and anything else that will fill us with the Christmas Spirit x
Old 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Ooh loving your PTR so far, loved your last one so will be subscribing!

Your engagement shoot photos are stunning

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: