Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Cad0587
Earning My Ears

Questions about the toiletries supplied to you in the room...

I'm working on my official packing list and I'm REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLY trying to not over pack (like usual). I am actually trying to UNDER Pack. I usually travel with a FULL SIZE shampoo, condition and body wash for my family. I don't want to do it this time! Has anyone else found that they are fine living off what they supply you in the room? I'm going to bring my loofah and I just figured if we don't use the soap or body wash whatever they supply before I know housekeeping is coming I'll just stick what we have in a drawer so the housekeeper gives us new ones hahah I'll hoard them so I'll have enough to cover us for our stay! And I'm assuming they'll be little shampoo and conditioners in the room and I'll just hoard those too haha.... anyone else able to just use what they supply and not have to take stuff from home? Also, do they have little body lotions in the rooms too? Some hotels do some don't... I'll be staying at the All Star Music Resort.
Cad0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

I dont remember body wash in the all star rooms but i know the shampoo is little bottles of shampoo and conditioner in one. I always bring my own at the values because of this. In December i had to buy baby wash in the gift shop because my daughter is allergic to their soap.
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
thumbalyna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

The value resorts only have the 2in1 shampoo/conditioner combo and bar soap. Only the deluxe resorts and some mods have the separate shampoo & conditioner, shower gel and lotion.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Cad0587
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
The value resorts only have the 2in1 shampoo/conditioner combo and bar soap. Only the deluxe resorts and some mods have the separate shampoo & conditioner, shower gel and lotion.
The shampoo/conditioner combo is fine by me. And I can soap up my loofah with a bar soap that's fine too but no lotion? I'll have to pack a small one to bring. Thanks!
Cad0587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

You don't have to hoard your hotel toiletries. If you find that you have insufficient for your needs, just pick up your room phone and call housekeeping. They will be happy to bring you what you need.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #6
LostSock
Mickey is my main man.

I don't think the values have lotion. I remember having to buy a small thing of lotion for my extremely dry hands.

You can always ask for extra. If you want a certain kind, bring ONE bottle of shampoo/conditioner combo. You could use this as body wash, shampoo, and conditioner.

I always come home with extra soaps and shampoos. When I was on my honeymoon at the All Star Movies and slept in past maid service, we were left a giant bag of towels, toilet paper, and a LOT of extra soap.

1992: Off Site |1995: All Star Music |1996: All Star Music |1997: All Star Music |1998: Coronado Springs |
2000: All Star Music
|2001: Off Site |2005: All Star Music |2007: College Program (World of Dis & BBBoutique) |
2011: All Star Movies (Honeymoon!)
|2012: All Star Sports |2012: Pop Century
LostSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Aurora l
Earning My Ears

If you put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door they will leave you this lovely bag full of extra stuff.
Aurora l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
Lu Ann
Afternoon Tea Hostess

They really are generous if you ask for extra. We called once and said we needed 1 extra bottle of shampoo. They brought us 10! And in less than 20 minutes.

Husband's first trip to WDW was to the Preview Center, prior to the park opening in 1971
We are both 5th-Generation Native Floridians!

Engaged at WDW 1984
Honeymooned at WDW 1985

Last WDW Trip: September 30, 2012
Next WDW Trip: December 9-14, 2012
Lu Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

tolieties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Ann View Post
They really are generous if you ask for extra. We called once and said we needed 1 extra bottle of shampoo. They brought us 10! And in less than 20 minutes.
That was my experince at port orleans riverside(I LOVE THAT PLACE) somehow my room was missed for housekeepping anyway i called and requested a few of the toleties and less than ten minutes someone from housekeeping brough me a bag full of everything. I was only staying two nights. I still have some left from my september trip.
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #10
kris4360
DIS Veteran

They have a bottle of shampoo a bottle of conditioner and two bars of soap. No lotion. And they will gladly give you extra.
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
disnut8
DIS Veteran

For the two of us, we use ONE bottle of shampoo/conditioner for the entire trip. We usually will use the facial soap (not the bathroom soap) for the entire trip. Unless you use an extreme amount of any of those things, you will be fine.

Take your own lotion but quite honestly, I would get a travel size bottle and just use that.

My husband and I have (and my son did growing up) what we call a "ditty bag". We have our essentials in there - shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, contact container, contact solution, deodorant - all in small sizes. We keep this ready to go for any trip. Very easy to just pick up and dump into the suitcase. Takes up less space than a full bottle of shampoo and we never have to think "did I remember *fill in the blank*" because it's all there. Been doing this for close to 40 years (thanks Mom!).
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: