Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #46
serene56
DIS Veteran

the only thing i tell the grand child is this is disney and there is nothing that will hurt you and if you get scared only remember that its part of disney magic.

when she asked if minnie was a lady in a costume because she felt ladies'fingers in her gloves...she was told'that is bedause minnie is a lady

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #47
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I have to assume that the parent knows their own child and knows what the child will love, what they can merely tolerate, and what will scare the pants off of them, and that they won't force or trick the child into doing something that would be too much.

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #48
shaynar
Mouseketeer

I was just about to write that I haven't lied about a ride, but I totally did. DS was scared of POTC and was worried about the drop. I told him it was tiny... isn't it!?

Oh and he was scared of Aladdin's carpets, I told him that they didn't go up and down.

We also do the "rules" thing at WDW. "Mickey doesn't allow kids who whine to come meet him" "Mickey doesn't let kids who don't listen go to Disney World."

Lately I've been trying to teach DS1 to swim. He was petrified the first time getting into the water. I told him that Mickey doesn't let kids who can't swim go to Disney world and that we'd have to leave him at home if he doesn't get in the water. Yup. I'm mean. (But now he can swim and loves it!)

Too many than I can remember.....
Latest: 09/2008 Honeymoon @ Poly, 10/2010 First "family trip" @ WL, 01/2012 Bringing Baby #2 @ Kidani, 01/2013 @ BCV/VWL and 1/2014 @ VWL !!!!
shaynar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #49
zokaluse
Mouseketeer

its the other way around with me, my kids & OH lie to me about what the rides like saying 'you'll like it'! I'm tiny at 4ft 10 so when I was a kid I was mainly too short to go on any fair / theme park rides at the age you usually get into them, I blame that on my scaredy cat disposition!
DS is 11 now & we've done all uk theme parks, DLP & portaventura since he was 18 months..starting with a local one that has all the big rides scaled down for little kids (gullivers land) & building them up as he got big enough for rides at the other places. We have done the same with DD who is 3 & she's a bigger ride fiend than he was..she actually cried when she was too little for BTM in August! (shes seen it on you tube aswell as watching it go round) We promised her she'd be tall enough for the florida one by the time we go... Please let that be the case, she has 3cm to grow to be the required height!!!
Neither of my kids like drop towers but everything else they love!
I've never lied always said its fast, it's dark, it has scarey things, it loops etc etc, they 'YAY' with excitement!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: