Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
ImpossibleOfMe
Mouseketeer

Date Night Ideas...w/baby??

Hey Dis!

As our trip gets closer I am trying to maximize what we can do to make our trip special for everyone but still within our budget.
KNO is out of the question but there will be a night (DHs birthday!) that we can put DS in a kids club for a few hours.

Only speed bump is that we will still have our (then) 3 month old with us so things are little bit limited.

Any suggestions??

TIA
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleOfMe View Post
Hey Dis!

As our trip gets closer I am trying to maximize what we can do to make our trip special for everyone but still within our budget.
KNO is out of the question but there will be a night (DHs birthday!) that we can put DS in a kids club for a few hours.

Only speed bump is that we will still have our (then) 3 month old with us so things are little bit limited.

Any suggestions??

TIA
Babies are easy. Figure our when she sleeps the most and book your dinner for that time. All restaurants are the same with a sleeping baby and all are the same with a fussy baby, so your choice is really up to you. I would pick a restaurant near the Kids Club you select for your son in case he has an issue. The only restaurant you cannot go to is Victoria and Alberts.

You might also want to reconsider Kids Night Out. It would only be $18.50 per hour for BOTH kids and you don't have to run around dropping off your son and worrying if your daughter will wake up and fuss.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

You could try something simple like a slow stroll around world showcase while your little one snoozed in the stroller, or a walk along the boardwalk. Where will you be staying?

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
ImpossibleOfMe
Mouseketeer

We'll be at POP.

In all my times at the World I've actually never made my way to the boardwalk.

I was really wanting to do the Wishes dessert party but DH doesnt care one way or another for fireworks so not sure that on his birthday it would be the right choice.

A big reason that KNO is out (other than the price w/4 hr min and travel fee) is DD is still going to be exclusively BF at the time of the trip.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleOfMe View Post
We'll be at POP.

In all my times at the World I've actually never made my way to the boardwalk.

I was really wanting to do the Wishes dessert party but DH doesnt care one way or another for fireworks so not sure that on his birthday it would be the right choice.

A big reason that KNO is out (other than the price w/4 hr min and travel fee) is DD is still going to be exclusively BF at the time of the trip.
Shoot! I was going to suggest eating at the Swan/Dolphin but Camp Dolphin is for kids 4 and up. For others with older kids, Camp Dolphin is FREE for 2 hours if you dine at certain restaurants. I could swear that the Disney kids clubs were the same but they apparently lowered the minimum age to 3 (and potty trained). Why not book your son at the Sandcastle Club and then choose one of the restaurants on the Boardwalk? You will want to be close in case your son has problems. I would also recommend Simba's Club at Animal Kingdom Lodge and then eating at Jiko. You have the added benefit of checking out the animals at the resort.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
ImpossibleOfMe
Mouseketeer

Thanks

After checking out the menu I'm sure DH would LOVE the Big River Grille.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

If you've never visited over at the boardwalk, I definitely recommend it. You could eat at Big River and take a stroll around after. Hit a few stores (in the resorts) and just enjoy being together! We stay at the Boardwalk Villas (it's our home resort for DVC) so we do this often. We love it. You can also stand on the bridge and watch the Epcot fireworks if you didn't want to go in the park. Enjoy!

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: