Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #16
SAT887
DIS Veteran

I'm planning Jan 14 as well. We are DVC and just trying to figure out what dates
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
sillyyankee
There's a hidden mickey on my dog!

Smile Count Us In - Beginning Planning Now

We just discussed that it has been 3 years since we have been to WDW! Times flies! (Remember the Snow-athon in 2010 - we do)
The kids reminded us that we said 2014 - so it is planning time!
Hello to all my fellow Jan 2014 friends!
sillyyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

If I want to plan a trip in April 2014- what is a reasonable time frame to book hotel only(POP)? I have never planned such a trip on my on. You guys seem extremely knowledgable about everything Disney
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
nellyru
Mouseketeer

Talking

We are planning on end of Dec. to Jan. 1st or 2nd to celebrate our 10th anniversary with our kids!

Can NOT wait!

Praying for a good discount.

Last edited by nellyru; 03-07-2013 at 02:26 PM.
nellyru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #20
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Got a pin today for free dining or 35% off room only. It's good from Jan 2 - March.

Please, please, please can I get this next year! LOL

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #21
jasonflk
Earning My Ears

Up from the far far south

We are planning a trip for the family from 5th Jan to 10th then moving to Int'l drive but want the full disney experience for myself and the kids, wife unsure but with a good discount code I will convince her :-)
jasonflk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #22
nerak2780
Earning My Ears

My mother and I are strongly considering going in January '14. (I say strongly and not definitely because we are taking a family non-Disney vacation in October for my father's 60th birthday and we have to see how that rolls out financially)

I'm not planning on booking anything until the summer when the packages come out partly because I'm not sure where we are staying. I'd like to upgrade from Pop seeing as I have not stayed in a moderate since 1997! I know my mom would like an escape from the sometimes truly scary food court (scary as in chaotic) and I'm hoping there's a decent dining and/or room discount that'll let us upgrade. I'd really like to be able to more for my mom than myself because aside from her view of the value resort food courts she also hates being cold and it sure was cold when we went in January 2010. (not that staying in a moderate would make it warmer; it would just be a nice touch to have on our vaca!)

My last trip was in October of 2011. Since then, about every other month I've gotten a pincode via snail mail from Disney. It's crazy! Apparently Mickey *really* misses my face. (This one was a code for up to 35% off rooms various dates now through September plus a code for free dining). However, I know that once I book my trip the postcards will cease to arrive because that's my luck afterall.
nerak2780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #23
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Count me in! We snagged one of the super cheap Miami wonder cruises over my birthday and thought why not round the week out with a couple days in WDW? We would be looking at either a couple days before the cruise or going wed-sun after the cruise, so sometime in late January!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
sonyuq
Earning My Ears

We are going January 10-16 for 1/2 marathon. Hoping the dates are right just kind of guessing.
sonyuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
themax1189
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerak2780
My mother and I are strongly considering going in January '14. (I say strongly and not definitely because we are taking a family non-Disney vacation in October for my father's 60th birthday and we have to see how that rolls out financially)

I'm not planning on booking anything until the summer when the packages come out partly because I'm not sure where we are staying. I'd like to upgrade from Pop seeing as I have not stayed in a moderate since 1997! I know my mom would like an escape from the sometimes truly scary food court (scary as in chaotic) and I'm hoping there's a decent dining and/or room discount that'll let us upgrade. I'd really like to be able to more for my mom than myself because aside from her view of the value resort food courts she also hates being cold and it sure was cold when we went in January 2010. (not that staying in a moderate would make it warmer; it would just be a nice touch to have on our vaca!)

My last trip was in October of 2011. Since then, about every other month I've gotten a pincode via snail mail from Disney. It's crazy! Apparently Mickey *really* misses my face. (This one was a code for up to 35% off rooms various dates now through September plus a code for free dining). However, I know that once I book my trip the postcards will cease to arrive because that's my luck afterall.
How would I get a pin code from Disney?
themax1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by themax1189 View Post
How would I get a pin code from Disney?
There is now way to 'get' a pin code. They just happen. There seems to be no way to figure out why or how people get them. Make an account on the disney website. Plan and "save" a few trips. Order the trip planning dvd. Sign up for e-mails and then cross your fingers.
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
I was told I could book a room only reservation now and then in summer when they release the pkgs for 2014 I can change it. She said it meant cancelling the room only and rebooking it as a package. Sounds like a lot of work. So I'm just going to (not so) patiently wait until this summer to book. Hoping for a pin code OR news about free dining!

If you cxl room only reservation to make change will you still be able to have the same resort or do you start from scratch??
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerak2780 View Post

I have gotten snail mail and email from Disney - how do you know if a pin is attached? Obviously - have never gotten a pin or rather never known if I have gotten a pin... Is it really obvious or like a "Hidden Mickey"
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista

I have gotten snail mail and email from Disney - how do you know if a pin is attached? Obviously - have never gotten a pin or rather never known if I have gotten a pin... Is it really obvious or like a "Hidden Mickey"
My pins have usually come via snail mail and it is a brightly colored- Disney themed all over "tri- fold" sort of envelope. But not really an envelope If ya know what I mean sorta bigger than a regular envelope. And on a heavier card stock. In other words- you can't miss it BUT if your not careful you may end up throwing away as junk mail. Hope that helps
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #30
coruth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
If you cxl room only reservation to make change will you still be able to have the same resort or do you start from scratch??
In the past I have always booked out at the 499 mark & never had any problems calling & adding a package to my existing reservation. They may have technically canceled & re-booked behind the scenes - but there was never a problem keeping the same resort and dates.
All Star Music Family Suite December 2009
Pop Century August 2007
Fort Wilderness Campground July 2005
coruth4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: