Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #31
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks ladies! I'm really appalled at her behavior.

Hopefully she will learn it quickly cause I am not backing down.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #32
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Thanks ladies! I'm really appalled at her behavior.

Hopefully she will learn it quickly cause I am not backing down.
us mom's have to stick together having her apologize to the group will be a big wake up call too!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #33
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Oh, Rachal, I'm sorry to hear this. Since this isn't her normal behavior, is there something going on that's bothering her? Did somebody say or do something to her to set her off? (Not excusing her, but I guess trying to find a reason may help with the solution).

I know Morgan's behavior is payback for how I treated my mother... But, I was a bit older when I did that. They are maturing so much earlier now, so I know that's why Morgan is acting the way she is. She's not a bad kid, just somewhat moody and irresponsible. She was punished a couple weeks ago for misplacing her clarinet (she left it at the library on Friday and the library isn't open on Sunday when she realized it was missing) before a parade she was supposed to march in. I wasn't so much upset about the parade (Boy Scout Olympics), but I was PEEVED about the irresponsibility. Had she not found it at the library, the money to replace it would have come out of her savings account.

Having consequences is good. Don't let her walk all over you, she won't have any respect whatsoever.

Excellent score on the gifts, Lisa! We're having a small Christmas. With the possibility of braces and a trip to Orlando next November, I don't want to spend a huge amount of money. I've found a few small things for Morgan's stocking, picked up a Wii game for $9.50, will probably get her new jammies for Christmas Eve. Was thinking of a tablet for a 'big' gift, but DH got himself a new iPod for his birthday, so she got his old one. Not sure what to do.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #34
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Up and scrapping. I got a little scrapping done yesterday, not as much as I would have liked. I got talked into a basketball game. Our neighbors and us both have a basketball hoop so we moved them on the street (off to the side so cars could still drive by and we could stop play- we live on a long cul-de-sac with very little traffic) and we had a friendly game of basketball. I couldn't believe how out of shape I felt after the game Needless to say my back hurt a little too much to sit and scrap, not to mention I lost my mojo- that seems to disappear a lot lately.

I did get quite a few pages done, these swap pieces are great!!! PN96- I just finished one with your backlot set from the HS swap and I love it!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #35
mommy2mrb

Jennifer, oh so not good misplacing the clarinet...I'd be upset too!

know when Megan is having her period, her attitutude is much worse and moody wow! I was the same way with my mom too Jennifer, guess its all just a circle.

Michelle, for playing basketball, hope your muscles will fell better soon!

well so much for getting an extra hour of sleep, NOT! so up and got a load of laundry done, a BIG cup of coffee and going to DIS for a bit

Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #36
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Rachal, sorry about DD's attititude, it will get better.

Lisa, on your shopping deal!

I have just begun to think about Christmas shopping, Julia hinted that she would like a kindle or a nook. Josh , I hve no clue!

Need to make my list and hit the grocery store then come home and vacuum and clean bathroom. Maybe some scraptime this afternoon, I have one more layout to finish up dance for the year and then start on Julia's school book(if I can find where I put the pictures.)
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #37
joyah
living on the funny farm

Cassey I have a case of the missing pics too. good luck finding yours.
Jen at least she remembered...... Hang in there I swear I'm being paid back x's 3!!!

Tom was nice enough to share his cold so I'm useless today head's pounding, dizzy and cold. I've started the wood furnace (made is up and down the 2 flights of stairs). Started copying more pics off the old laptop. That's it for me today

So heres a techy ? for you all. I like using memory manager to edit and store pics. I've never figured out how to upload to walgreens or snapfish from there can it be done? and can I run that program off an external hard drive so that everything is in 1 place.

joyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #38
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
Up and scrapping. I got a little scrapping done yesterday, not as much as I would have liked. I got talked into a basketball game. Our neighbors and us both have a basketball hoop so we moved them on the street (off to the side so cars could still drive by and we could stop play- we live on a long cul-de-sac with very little traffic) and we had a friendly game of basketball. I couldn't believe how out of shape I felt after the game Needless to say my back hurt a little too much to sit and scrap, not to mention I lost my mojo- that seems to disappear a lot lately.

I did get quite a few pages done, these swap pieces are great!!! PN96- I just finished one with your backlot set from the HS swap and I love it!
Ooooh, I can't wait to see it!!

I love playing basketball with the kids.. we did a lot of 3 on 3 w/ a sub that played both teams when the kids were younger.. now it's 2 on 2.. and the boys make DH and I split teams... and the reason for this... is I'm a better shooter than DH! I also play mean defense... the boys hate for me to guard them...

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #39
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Thanks ladies. She did have a run in with the teacher-the teacher was rude (which was uncalled for, if you are too stressed to be nice to the kids in your care then take a time out), so DD left class to sit in the lobby, called me and said she was done and wanted to come home. Teacher went out and told DD to come back in and DD said no, some other things, and called the teacher an A-hole Then that's when I got called by the studio.

Since DD took it that extra step-sitting out and waiting for me wouldn't have been an issue, she is being punished to the full extent. its beyond unacceptable to speak to anyone like that no matter how cranky you are or if they were rude to you first. Especially at 12 years old. We've been dealing with the disrespect at home, which is pretty normal, but not on the level.

So she is getting a long, hard lesson, on respect and her place in the world.

I still need to email the teacher, I dont really care what her side of the story is, but I know that DD isnt entirely at fault, since she isnt like that in the least bit. but I also don't want to let it slide and deal with much worse later on.

Ok vent over off to do something productive.. not sure what that will be but something. Need to get a fb page up for the new venture, if anyone wants any info you can pm me.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #40
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

Oh, I am sorry! I hate it when teachers get on power trips. It sounds like your DD tried to separate herself when she was frustrated, too bad the teacher didn't see that and give her space so the wouldn't have happened. Like you said, not that it excuses it but she was not the only one at fault either. I would contact the teacher for sure. Sorry you have to deal with this-no fun Parenting is so fun!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #41
bearbear
DIS Veteran

Rachal so sorry to hear about the extra stressful events.

Just wanted to stop in and say hope everyone is well. This weekend I worked Friday night so slept most of yesterday. Did get up to make cupcakes for a halloween party at the neighbors house as we still haven't trick or treated yet. Kids had a blast. I went to bed early cause I was walking in the brain tumor walk in Philly.
It was so moving to see all the teams at the walk. I walked with my best friend for her brother in law that lost his battle in August. It was a humbling experience. We went to brunch after and now just relaxing for the rest of the night.
Have to get the kids ready for school tomorrow and we get to trick or treat after school tomorrow. It will be weird but we have to pretend that it is October 31 again.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Cindy

bearbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #42
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

Rachal,

I would contact the teacher too.. Sorry: changed what I had previously written.. I saw that DD used the dirty word to the teacher.. Yup you have punished her to the full extent... and you are holding her accountable for her actions.. However, the teacher should have let her remain in the lobby until you arrived.. or invited her back in and if DD said no, she could have walked away...

Last edited by PrincessNancy96; 11-04-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #43
PrincessNancy96

DISboards Moderator

OMG! They still have more work to do but have called it a night.. but are now chatting and my kids haven't eaten yet.. DH is not at the top of my list... I am NOT happy right now.. and he is going to get a healthy earful tonight about remembering the kids do need to eat tonight whether he does or not..

Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #44
mommy2mrb

I agree with the ladies, the teacher needs a talking too also! not acceptable!

Cindy, what a wonderful way to support your friend hope the kids enjoy their party and T or T!

back from the open house at the high school....Megan loved it! I was so impressed with the student ambassadors, they showed their pride and love for their school....all the activities and achievements are great and get this, the student body for the year is 493 students...for the entire school!
the seniors have 88 students! now we wait until the beginning of school next year, then apply and turn in all the paperwork and will hopefully hear good news in late Jan 2014 that Megan is accepted and a future Wildcat!!!

Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #45
joyah
living on the funny farm

Great end to the weekend. Eric got his 1st deer!!! More pics to scrap

joyah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: