Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Castaway April
Mouseketeer

So many questions, again....

Okay sorry to keep starting new threads. My parents are taking my sister and I and our families on a cruise in January. My parents are wanting to book travel insurance through *****************. We were looking at the group coverage plans and wondered what the time frame was that you had to book insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. They paid for the cruise tonight but we only have 5 out of the 11 airfares booked because prices went up on those. So I guess we have to have the airfare all booked to buy the inurance, so if we wait on the airfare until Monday will we be past the pre-existing conditions clause?

Magic Transatlantic 2015 Port Canaveral New York City St John's Reykjavik Oslo Copenhagen
Castaway April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway April View Post
Okay sorry to keep starting new threads. My parents are taking my sister and I and our families on a cruise in January. My parents are wanting to book travel insurance through *****************. We were looking at the group coverage plans and wondered what the time frame was that you had to book insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. They paid for the cruise tonight but we only have 5 out of the 11 airfares booked because prices went up on those. So I guess we have to have the airfare all booked to buy the inurance, so if we wait on the airfare until Monday will we be past the pre-existing conditions clause?
It depends on the insurance company you are using, not the vendor (insure my trip). Most companies allow 14-21 days from initial payment on the vacation (this would be the cruise deposit). You don't have to purchase airfare before you can buy insurance. You can either estimate the airfare and purchase an appropriate amount , or most insurances will allow you to increase the coverage amount at a later date.

Many companies provide one kid policy free with each parent policy--that can save you a small fortune. I know for sure that Travel Guard Protect Assist and Worldwide Trip Protector do this.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Castaway April
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the reply! They decided to call their insurance broker on Monday to see if they do Vacation insurance, It's so hard to understand all the online plans! Thanks for your help!

Magic Transatlantic 2015 Port Canaveral New York City St John's Reykjavik Oslo Copenhagen
Castaway April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

If they have access to USAA, check that out, also Costco, in addition to what has already been mentioned.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: