Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
pjacobi
DIS Veteran

National car rental

I can get a good price on a one-way rental car from MCO to Port Canvaneral via corporate discount at National.

What is your experience with National shuttle from the drop-off point to/from the port? Was the National shuttle service prompt and organized? What was the cost/tip?

-Paul
pjacobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

National is part of Enterprise and Alamo.
I used one of those to the Cape recently in the summer, and all was good. I recall now, it was Enterprise. Never waited for shuttle and never would because I was not on a ship. So can't help with shuttle info. But obviously I'll bark out what I do know.
I did return the car one day at the wrong time @ Cape Canaveral return location and met a bus or two from the ships and freaked. Must have been 50 people inside and 20 outside. This is a tiny facility. Ive used all these facilities over the years. They all look the same to frequent travels. Buildings 30' X 50'. Half for customers. I however was, or signed up for preferred or whatever prior, thank goodness. I walked/pushed my way inside, and no one was in the preferred line. I stepped up. I waited 4 minutes and was served, within 3 minutes. I then left and thanked the powers at be that I did not have to stand in said line. Ironically I wasn't even associated with the cruise mayhem at the time. My timing just was poor. And given what I saw at the time, someone was thrilled with my car delivery. It looked to me there wasn't enough cars for people in said building.

That was just my experience. Don't let my noise deter you from booking with said companies. I will book again with said companies. Just try to get in early or late, or between buses/shuttles.

Please note if in the area and needing the service of rental counter folk do not approach between 8am and 3pm. YMMV.

So.. Sign up for preferred whatever with said car company, prior, if not already a member, is my suggestion. PRICELESS
HTH

Oh, my experience was wonderful and flawless although it lacks ship shuttle experience.

I realize now I failed to answer any of your questions. But I feel better now.

Last edited by Bear3412; 11-03-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: