Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
michelec69
Earning My Ears

Which stateroom to book on the Dream - newbie question.

Hi - I am booking two rooms for my family of five on the Dream (category 8) Is one side of the ship better than the other (i.e. better views of anything)? Or does it really make any difference at all? Thanks for your help.
michelec69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
FOV
Mouseketeer

I was told starboard side is better for views of CC, and of embarking, disembarking. There is no "bad" side, I think starboard can just be more interesting.

We have never sailed DCL but we booked starboard for our June 2013 cruise.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It is all personal opinion. Many people get really freaked out over which cabin/side of ship, etc. they have. In almost 30 cruises, I have been all over the classic ships and I've never found a "bad" cabin. I've had some experiences where a repair or two were needed, but this was handled when I reported it. I've been in cabins where I had serious noise from other guests, but nothing inherent to the cabin.

Some people really want starboard because they have a better view of Castaway Cay (I go to the island, don't spend a lot of time on board looking at it!) and/or because you can see the fireworks from the starboard side....but if you are in a porthole cabin, you'll still want to go up on deck to see them as your porthole view will be limited, and when we were i a balcony we got a note asking us to NOT be on our balcony during that time. On the negative side, smoking is permitted on open air decks on the starboard side.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: