Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Almost got him!

I'm getting closer at convincing my husband that we must go on a disney cruise next year, lol. I got him to go to a travel agent yesterday!!
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome...Good luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
EpicBilynn
Mouseketeer

Keep working at it! It took over a year to convince my mom to take the family on one. Lots of luck and pixie dust

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

1990ish - WDW - Off-site | 2000 - DLP | July 2011 - WDW - All-Star Music | October 2011 - DLR - Off-site | December 2012/ January 2013 - NYE Disney Cruise - Magic | February 2014 - WDW - Saratoga Springs - Glass Slipper Challenge | October 2014 - WDW - All-Star Music - Tower of Terror 10-Miler | February 2015 - WDW - AKV Kidani Village - Glass Slipper Challenge | November 2015 - DLR - Off-site - Avengers Half
EpicBilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Disneylandfanatic
Annual Passholder since 2008

I am in the same boat as you! So close to having the bf agree to the Disney cruise. :-) I can't wait! I know ill be able to talk him into it.

Completed:
January 4, 2014: Fantasy Western Carribean

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome."-Walt Disney
Disneylandfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
3Mickeys
Mouseketeer

My husband really didn't want to do it. I talked to everyone I knew who had gone. Played the "our kids will only be this age once" card. Memories forever. He finally agreed to a 3-4 night. When we looked at the numbers and the cost of a flight to Florida I somehow convinced him if we are going all that way, we might as well go all in and do 7 night. He was wary as neither of us have ever cruised.

We all absolutely loved it. Most relaxing and fun family vacation ever. Much to my surprise sitting in the sun on St. Thomas he said to me "tell me about this discount if you book on board?" I almost died.

We took our second cruise about 15 months later, a 5 night. We were THIS close to re-booking again, but we have work that has to be done on our house and decided we needed a year or two off of cruising. I"m sure we will go back though.

Good luck!!
3Mickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

He's actually pretty receptive. A few weeks ago, there was NO talking to him about it! But for some reason, I don't know what changed. It was his idea to go to the travel agent! So I'm thinking we'll be definitely going next April! Yaaaahooo! We just want to do a 5 night. We've been on 2 cruises before. One before having kids (7 night) and the other a few years ago (5 night)....my MIL watched the kids. We actually liked the 5 night better....we felt the 7 night was too long. I think we'll enjoy the 5 night even more now that we'll be stuck on a boat with 3 kids, lol.

3Mickeys....that's funny about your husband asking about the discounts! Men are so funny. Why does it take them awhile to make up their mind? If my husband suggested going to disneyworld or a disney cruise....there would be no hesitation on my part....no thinking about it required, lol.
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 11-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
He's actually pretty receptive. A few weeks ago, there was NO talking to him about it! But for some reason, I don't know what changed. It was his idea to go to the travel agent! So I'm thinking we'll be definitely going next April! Yaaaahooo! We just want to do a 5 night. We've been on 2 cruises before. One before having kids (7 night) and the other a few years ago (5 night)....my MIL watched the kids. We actually liked the 5 night better....we felt the 7 night was too long. I think we'll enjoy the 5 night even more now that we'll be stuck on a boat with 3 kids, lol.

3Mickeys....that's funny about your husband asking about the discounts! Men are so funny. Why does it take them awhile to make up their mind? If my husband suggested going to disneyworld or a disney cruise....there would be no hesitation on my part....no thinking about it required, lol.
I have found that it doesn't take them long to make up their minds, it just has to be THEIR idea--that they ususally "borrow" from us!

I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by briarrose1 View Post
I have found that it doesn't take them long to make up their minds, it just has to be THEIR idea--that they ususally "borrow" from us!
Haha....hmmm, good idea.
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: