Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
MICKEEP
DIS Veteran
 
MICKEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Just up the road from Mickey Forest
Posts: 2,113

Stateroom Confusion

Just got our Reservation Summary and our stateroom on the Fantasy is 5664. The summary says this is a category 7A but the deck plans on the DCL website said this is a category 4E. Big difference


Another question: Is there WIFI on the ship?
__________________
MICKEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Terapin
DIS Veteran
 
Terapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,605

Sounds like maybe you were upgraded! You can purchase wifi - it is expensive and slow, but available. HTH!
__________________
My WISH Journal: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2761938


2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Jestocost
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Posts: 6,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEEP View Post
Just got our Reservation Summary and our stateroom on the Fantasy is 5664. The summary says this is a category 7A but the deck plans on the DCL website said this is a category 4E. Big difference


Another question: Is there WIFI on the ship?
I believe 5664 is in fact a 4E, so if you are getting that for the price of a 7A congrats.

There is WiFi on all of the DCL ships; but it is not fast, reliable or free. Service on the ship, by necessity, uses a satellite connection that can ble slow--especially for uploads--and sometimes will be unavailable due to the ship's position relative to the satellites. Pay-as-you-go service costs 75 cents per minute, but you can by blocks of minutes to get the price down to as low as 30 cents per minute. More information is available here.
__________________
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B



Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
MICKEEP
DIS Veteran
 
MICKEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Just up the road from Mickey Forest
Posts: 2,113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
I believe 5664 is in fact a 4E, so if you are getting that for the price of a 7A congrats.

There is WiFi on all of the DCL ships; but it is not fast, reliable or free. Service on the ship, by necessity, uses a satellite connection that can ble slow--especially for uploads--and sometimes will be unavailable due to the ship's position relative to the satellites. Pay-as-you-go service costs 75 cents per minute, but you can by blocks of minutes to get the price down to as low as 30 cents per minute. More information is available here.
Thanks...We were anticipating a 4E, so if 5664 is indeed a 4E, then all is good, but if it is in fact a 7A like the summary says then we are not getting what we expected.


NO WIFI....I guess I will leave the laptop at home
__________________
MICKEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,379

There is one stateroom review on this site, which refers to the room as a 4E:

I never heard any noise. Room was excellent. It has an extended verandah and its on the end so it has a curved verandah that also faces to aft of ship. There is an additional rail halfway out of the verandah. The only reason I can think of why its there is because a piece of metal extending out and they didn't want people tripping on it?

We had a 4E nearby on the Dream this past Feb, and we loved the extended verandah. In case you're not already aware, though, the 4E rooms are NOT the same size as 4A-4D. They are the same size as a cat 5 with extra verandah space.
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
lanejudy
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,292
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEEP View Post
Thanks...We were anticipating a 4E, so if 5664 is indeed a 4E, then all is good, but if it is in fact a 7A like the summary says then we are not getting what we expected.
Did you book a 7A or a 4E? Just curious why you would "expect" a 4E if a 7A was booked. Your reservation will continue to show the category level booked even if the room you are assigned is higher.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran
 
lsenquiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 2,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Did you book a 7A or a 4E? Just curious why you would "expect" a 4E if a 7A was booked. Your reservation will continue to show the category level booked even if the room you are assigned is higher.

Enjoy your cruise!
I am curious about this also.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.