Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
carcam51
Mouseketeer

Question about reserving simulator on Dream

Hi all...we are taking our first cruise this coming January and I would like to reserve an hour on the sports simulator for my sons. Much to my dismay when I logged in to do my online booking (early am the day I was able to check in) I see nothing -- and I mean nothing for the entire length of the cruise is available. Does anyone know if there are cancellations - Do I just continually check online or do I call Disney directly? Please help!!!
carcam51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Disneygirl NY
Mouseketeer

My understanding is that the simulator is free the first few hours of the first day. In Feb. `11, we boarded early, had lunch then went to walk around the boat. We fell upon the simulator and had a free trial, it may be until the boat leaves the dock. We went Feb. break and our cruise was sold out, but we still were able to book time the second or third day in, so I would call. I would imagine Jan. wouldn't be totally booked, it may be that they don't open the simulator until later in the day.
Disneygirl NY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcam51 View Post
Hi all...we are taking our first cruise this coming January and I would like to reserve an hour on the sports simulator for my sons. Much to my dismay when I logged in to do my online booking (early am the day I was able to check in) I see nothing -- and I mean nothing for the entire length of the cruise is available. Does anyone know if there are cancellations - Do I just continually check online or do I call Disney directly? Please help!!!
So glad you asked this question. We are going on our first cruise in January too and I did the same thing as you: check in early on the first day and found no availability for it. I had wondered if this was something that you couldn't reserve on-line because I know this cruise isn't sold out at all and certainly it couldn't have gotten all grabbed up already. But, what do I know.

So, does anyone know, do the simulators always have a free trial on embarkation day and how long does the trial last?

I also was curious about some of the Nassau port excursions -- some are sold out already like the See and Sea tour and the submarine. Does sold out sometimes mean they just aren't offering the excursion during that cruise?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
mdinowitz
Mouseketeer

On the fantasy in August we went to guest services after boarding and had no difficulty booking time throughout the cruise- including on sea days. It was a pretty full cruise, and there was still availability. Maybe they hold some times,or maybe all booking is done onboard for the simulators.
mdinowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlovin'family View Post
I also was curious about some of the Nassau port excursions -- some are sold out already like the See and Sea tour and the submarine. Does sold out sometimes mean they just aren't offering the excursion during that cruise?
Some of the most popular port excursions do sell-out. Keep checking back as there might be cancellations. You can also request to be wait-listed.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
bmahokie
Mouseketeer

We had your same situation on the Dream last June. My son really wanted to do the golf simulator, but it always showed as sold out. However, when we got on the ship and I went to GS there was PLENTY of available times. It might be like the bikes on CC - they always show sold out and there are always plenty available. Our ship was very full, and we had no problem at all booking the simulator and choosing from a wide variety of times. Hopefully you will find the same situation on your cruise!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

should be plent of slots. I have done the simulator numerous times and found a lot of open slots. Check on boarding day to ensure a time for you. But still, during the cruise I have been able to find slots. Booked mine through Customer Service on board.

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
ohboyx3
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI those simulators are HOT. My husband booked an hour during e middle of the day. Almost no ventilation. I went in for a few minutes and thought I was going to die. I don't know how He stood it. I would strongly suggest doing it in the morning or evening when temps are cooler. I cantelieve they didn't have a fan or something in there!

January 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
January 2008 Port Orleans Riverside

May 2011 All Star Music Family Suites
Disney Cruise aboard the Dream October 2012
October 2013 Fort Wilderness Cabins
ohboyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboyx3 View Post
Just an FYI those simulators are HOT.
We had the exact opposite experience. It was 55 degrees in there on the Fantasy 10/22. I lasted about 20 minutes. I asked about it and looked for a thermostat. He said last week it was hot so they adjusted the HVAC. He said there is no thermostat in that room to adjust. Perhaps one day they will find a comfortable middle ground.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #10
carcam51
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for responding. This makes me feel a little better. I know my boys will want to play so I'm hopeful I can reserve on board.
carcam51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
jnsma
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I realize this thread is a bit stale, so it maybe too late but wanted to post just incase.

We are also going in January. When I did all my excursion reservations at 90days there were no simulator spots open. It wasn't until ~45 days out that there were lots of openings. I was able to book slots for my kids in the sports simulator and for me in the golf one.

There were so many openings that I got the feeling that they recently opened more times or the ability to book on line (as opposed to just on the ship).

So you may want to check again before going on board.
jnsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
disneydaisyndonald
Mouseketeer

If I book an one hour slot. Can both children split that time? When you sign up it has a bullet for one person. This is our first Disney Cruise.
disneydaisyndonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #13
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydaisyndonald View Post
...... Can both children split that time? ......
Yes, split or share. That's what we did with DD7 and DD11 in sports not golf.
Don't forget shoes.

fwiw; http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...96&postcount=3

Last edited by Bear3412; 01-05-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
Mtinkerbell5189
Mouseketeer

A little off topic but would an adult male who likes golf like the golf one? I booked it but after reading this was not sure if it was only for children? Or child based
Mtinkerbell5189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

on the Fantasy where is this located?

Never mind I found it Digital sports simulators are available at Goofy's Sports Deck, an outdoor activity center located on Deck 13, Aft on the Disney Fantasy.

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: