Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #91
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Good Luck Toronto!!! Same here on One Direction. I was lucky enough to get tickets at face value but for some reason the stubhub prices here for 1d are high but not RIDICULOUS triple high. And they are at a smaller venue than swift is so in my head I view swift seats 2x more plentiful so I am hoping that plays in my favor. I have DH, his secretary and her admin all hooked up to this at 10 AM this morning. They must think I am nuts...here is to hoping. Report back!
DP
scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #92
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Good Luck Toronto!!! Same here on One Direction. I was lucky enough to get tickets at face value but for some reason the stubhub prices here for 1d are high but not RIDICULOUS triple high. And they are at a smaller venue than swift is so in my head I view swift seats 2x more plentiful so I am hoping that plays in my favor. I have DH, his secretary and her admin all hooked up to this at 10 AM this morning. They must think I am nuts...here is to hoping. Report back!
Thank you
The issue with 1D was that they announced their 2013 tour almost exactly when we were buying tickets for the Toronto show in 2012. Dd was paying herself and just didn't have money for both. So she's been to see them with decent seats in a small venue. I decided we'd have better luck with Taylor Swift today.. hope that is the case. If not, I do know when the General Public sale starts on Friday I can try again.
For 1D I may consider taking her on a weekend getaway and going to one of the cities in driving distance for her birthday. I noticed that they are nowhere near as expensive for places like Hershey.
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #93
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Good luck to everyone!

I will also be stalking Ticketmaster for tickets. With my DD's birthday in June this would make a fantastic birthday present. I am hoping to get 4 tickets (me, DH, DD & friend) but with the posts here, on ticketmaster's facebook page, and the taylor swift forums - I am more than a bit worried.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #94
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Hey, did anyone receive an e-mail link from AMEX for the TS concert? I received one this morning, but when I click on the link - the concert is not listed. A bunch of concerts are (not TS) but only up to April 2013.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #95
kkmcan
Official Mouse Fan

I don't have a clue what I"m doing.... I've never ordered tickets for anything before. Do I follow the presale code link that I got to order?

Is this thru ticketmaster? What is stubhub? Is that a ticket resale place for people who want to sell their tickets?

Thanks!

Disneyland 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007
DCL 4 night Nov. 2006 + WDW Nov. 2006
We got DL AP's!! Trips: 6/08, 10/08, 1/09, 3/09
DL + Trick or Treat Party 10/09
DCL 3 night + WDW Free Dining Dec 16-25 2009 Disneyland 6/2010 Using our GAD Vouchers!
DCL LA 2 day cruise to no where 1/2011
DCL 7 Night Mexican Riviera KSF 3/20/2011
DL AP's Trips:10/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012, 10/2012
WDW, Discovery Cove, Aquatica 05/2013
Aulani Hawaii 03/2014
kkmcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #96
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Thank you
The issue with 1D was that they announced their 2013 tour almost exactly when we were buying tickets for the Toronto show in 2012. Dd was paying herself and just didn't have money for both. So she's been to see them with decent seats in a small venue. I decided we'd have better luck with Taylor Swift today.. hope that is the case. If not, I do know when the General Public sale starts on Friday I can try again.
For 1D I may consider taking her on a weekend getaway and going to one of the cities in driving distance for her birthday. I noticed that they are nowhere near as expensive for places like Hershey.
Reason hershey is cheap is it is bleecher outdoor seating....I am 3.5 hours from hershey and briefly considered hershey but it is a football stadium with metal rows of benches. I know kids don't care, I must be getting old but all Ic ould think of is being smashed person to person b/c there are no back rests, etc.
DP
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #97
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmcan View Post
I don't have a clue what I"m doing.... I've never ordered tickets for anything before. Do I follow the presale code link that I got to order?

Is this thru ticketmaster? What is stubhub? Is that a ticket resale place for people who want to sell their tickets?

Thanks!
Yes follow that link but hook up your time to www.time.gov so as you are going in at 10 on the button you aren't early forching you to refresh which takes a good 10 seconds on that site. I would also be on the phone with them if you have an amex. That way you can try both ways with TS code online and amex on the phone...
DP
Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #98
scottmel

Quote:
Yes follow that link but hook up your time to www.time.gov so as you are going in at 10 on the button you aren't early forching you to refresh which takes a good 10 seconds on that site. I would also be on the phone with them if you have an amex. That way you can try both ways with TS code online and amex on the phone...
stub hub is a resale market. Desperate times call for desperate measures!!!
DP
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #99
kkmcan
Official Mouse Fan

Thanks! What does that mean hook up my time? I clicked on the time link and it said the same time as my computer.... so am I set or is there something else I need to do?

DCL 3 night + WDW Free Dining Dec 16-25 2009 Disneyland 6/2010 Using our GAD Vouchers!
Aulani Hawaii 03/2014
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #100
scottmel

My computer time and time.gov were off about 15 seconds so as long as your minute changes on the computer with time.gov you are good.
DP
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #101
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When you go to Ticketmaster's website, you'll see that beside the section where you choose the number of tickets & price, there is an empty box with a gold lock icon. That's where you put the presale code.

Quote:
How do you "hook up your time" to this? My computer is behind 4 seconds.

AMEX sent me a FOTL link. Wonder if the AMEX link or TS precode would give better odds.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #102
kkmcan
Official Mouse Fan

I just checked the seconds on my computer so I'm actually ahead by 2 seconds. How do I change it to match that link?

Aulani Hawaii 03/2014
Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #103
scottmel

Quote:
I just checked the seconds on my computer so I'm actually ahead by 2 seconds. How do I change it to match that link?
Windows actually lets you sync your time with .gov but don't mess with it now. I have time.gov minimized on my screen and am using that as my offical time....that is the clock I am watching.
DP
Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #104
scottmel

Quote:
I think the stress is interfering with your thinking!!! So when your clock changes you know you have 2 seconds to play with. count to 2 and hit enter
DP
Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #105
Kitzka
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Who is in with me at 10 today???? I dreamt a banner went by on my pc last night to click here for disney discount and I did and computer locked up and I missed Taylor tickets....DH thinks I am nuts and told me to hit stubhub and save the aggrevation....I oddly find this fun.....sort of.....
I'll be watching the thread and keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. GL!!

And between you and me I also kinf od like the stress of getting tickets. The only tickets i have not been able to get has been One Direction. I am still bummed that we will miss out but what can you do? I won't pay stub hub prices and well, what's done is done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: