Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #76
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted

Who did you phone? Ticketmaster or does Amex have their own number for tickets?

I'm trying to figure out if I'll have better luck with Ticketmaster (TS presales code) or Amex presales code tomorrow.

Somehow, the way I read what you posted above made me think of something.. The tickets released for the presale group (and the number of people who say they can't get enough seats together) - does this mean all available seats are NOT available for purchase through the pre-sales code? That's how I thought it worked. Now I'm thinking only certain seats in different price ranges are available. CAn anyone explain how this works? Is that why you think you will have better luck on Friday?
Ticketmaster express. I called the general number, then pressed a number to get to the automated line, which apparently is only for Amex presales.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #77
jackie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebMcDonald View Post
I'm so sad I was on right at 10 this morning for Foxboro and had my presale ready and could not get tickets. I initially tried for the $50 tickets then went back for any type of ticket and still nothing!
No luck here for Foxboro either
jackie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #78
jackie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I tried the TS.com presale, I have a friend who has season patroits tickets, so she will see what she can do tomorrow, but I know she wants some for her family, so I might fall through on that one and my last hope is that sometimes we at MGH are offered a presale code "because of our long standing relationship with the Patroits", so maybe that email will come through at work.

No one has asked for tickets, but I know they would LOVE them and it would be such a big/huge surprise.
So if you are a season ticket holder do you also get special concert tickets?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #79
DebMcDonald
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie101 View Post
So if you are a season ticket holder do you also get special concert tickets?
I think you also get a presale code - it might not work as with all of us and our presale codes.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #80
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Ticketmaster express. I called the general number, then pressed a number to get to the automated line, which apparently is only for Amex presales.
Can you tell me what general number you called?> The one I have doesnt have express on it - just option to buy tickets thru a representative yet when I was practicing this weekend the number I used DID have express sales now I can't find that number!!!

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #81
scottmel

Also I got the NICEST guy today on ticketmaster for yet another dry run of questions....He told me to go by www.time.gov for the official ticketmaster time. Turns out my computer was 13 seconds faster than this time...So fyi...Am I analying this a little TOOOO much or what? He also told me he felt Amex was better at releasing decent seats than the red or ts presale. I am sure it depends on venue, etc. but he said amex was better but did say if you could stand the suspense, Friday was best.....

Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #82
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel

Can you tell me what general number you called?> The one I have doesnt have express on it - just option to buy tickets thru a representative yet when I was practicing this weekend the number I used DID have express sales now I can't find that number!!!
1800 754 3000. However It sounded like it was specific to the foxboro/Gillette tickets. So I'm not really sure. Where are you trying to get tickets for again?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #83
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie101 View Post
No luck here for Foxboro either
I couldn't get them either. They were going to be DD17's big Christmas present.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00

Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #84
scottmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
1800 754 3000. However It sounded like it was specific to the foxboro/Gillette tickets. So I'm not really sure. Where are you trying to get tickets for again?
Pittsburgh and I think you mean 745-3000. That is the number I am calling. maybe I am skipping prompts. Will try again! thanks

Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #85
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!

Oops yep that's what I meant! I hope you figure it out!

ETA: maybe its because tickets aren't actually available yet, so they don't have the express number? but that doesn't possibly explain how you did get the express number... i'll keep looking for you!

ETA2: 866-448-7849 <--- was it this number you found? i found it on the ticketmaster site, it looks like the specific express line.

Last edited by bellanotte10; 11-12-2012 at 03:53 PM.
bellanotte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #86
Kitzka
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone! I still have a while until my presale but all of your stories and input is very helpful.

Lara
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #87
Libby X 3
LibbyLibbyLibby
Once again I am clueless about X-men
You shouldn't be that way Tarts need toys too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugtails66 View Post
For those of you who have gotten TS presale codes, how soon before the presale did you get them? The presale I am going for (Kansas City) starts tomorrow and I have not gotten a code yet.

I didn't get a code until the night before. Hopefully you have already or will get a code soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
WEre you more succesful with the TS presale code or going in thru Amex? How many tix were you able to get?
I used the TS presale code and was able to get 2 tickets but that is all I was trying for. I got my tickets online -

Libby X 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #88
jackie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you also get a presale code - it might not work as with all of us and our presale codes.
Great, thanks...my brother is a season ticket holder. Wish me luck, we will try again in am
Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #89
scottmel

Who is in with me at 10 today???? I dreamt a banner went by on my pc last night to click here for disney discount and I did and computer locked up and I missed Taylor tickets....DH thinks I am nuts and told me to hit stubhub and save the aggrevation....I oddly find this fun.....sort of.....

Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #90
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post

Who is in with me at 10 today???? I dreamt a banner went by on my pc last night to click here for disney discount and I did and computer locked up and I missed Taylor tickets....DH thinks I am nuts and told me to hit stubhub and save the aggrevation....I oddly find this fun.....sort of.....
I'll be trying for presales at 10 for Toronto. This is the big Christmas gift for dd 16 and her best friend.

About Stubhub.. the original plan was to try and get One Direction tickets. It's been sold out for awhile so StubHub was our only option. I just COULD NOT bring myself to pay over $500 dollars for two not very good seats
I am hoping to get decent seats for this with the presale because the girls will be very excited.

One Direction sold out here in something like 5 minutes. Yet there are tons of jacked up price tickets on Stubhub. Makes me mad. People just buy them and triple the price. Normally dd and her friends save their money and pay for these tickets themselves. I feel awful for all the kids saving all their extra money who don't even get a chance at a ticket because scalpers run their game. It just stinks.

Anyway.. on to more positive thoughts.. I really want these tickets for her this morning and hope all that are trying today manage to get what they want

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: