DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #46
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I lost one game to Hades.

It is a cute game, love the graphics.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #47
skylynx

Riding for my own brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
But if they give you money to offset the tax...you have to claim that as income
We actually won one of of the "Pack your Bags" sweepstakes a couple years ago at the Doorway to Dreams in Chicago. We got four nights in a one bedroom villa, airfare, park tickets, and four $350 gift cards (pretty cool!) The prize was given a taxable value of $10,000. We had to report that on our 1040, but we did receive a check from Disney for $3000-something dollars to offset the taxes, and we were told in the letter than accompanied the "tax" check that it would NOT be reported as income to the IRS. Had our tax person check it all out, and it was legit. Don't know how that worked, but we ended up paying only about two hundred dollars out of pocket for our prize.
WDW 2 many times 2 count since 1973 AKL, WL, Dixie Landings, CB, VB,OKW, GCV, 5 Disney Institute Professional Programs CA/Disneyland GCAL, Treehouse Villas DVC 2007 Disney Wonder 10/02, 3/03, 2/04, 5/06, 5/07, 6/08, 8/10, 2/11, 10/15Disney Magic W 10/04, 1/07, E 2/06, 11/08, 2/12, 2/15 Disney Dream 6/11 6/14 Disney Fantasy 2/13 2/14 NCL Alaska 6/09 Trader's Inn Beach Club Ormond Beach FL 2014

Last edited by skylynx; 11-07-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling
skylynx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #48
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylynx View Post
We actually won one of of the "Pack your Bags" sweepstakes a couple years ago at the Doorway to Dreams in Chicago. We got four nights in a one bedroom villa, airfare, park tickets, and four $350 gift cards (pretty cool!) The prize was given a taxable value of $10,000. We had to report that on our 1040, but we did receive a check from Disney for $3000-something dollars to offset the taxes, and we were told in the letter than accompanied the "tax" check that it would NOT be reported as income to the IRS. Had our tax person check it all out, and it was legit. Don't know how that worked, but we ended up paying only about two hundred dollars out of pocket for our prize.
Wow! Lucky you. That's fantastic. I lost again to Hades, Scar, and Evil Queen, Terrible I lost all three.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #49
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Quote:

That's awesome. Congrats on the prize
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #50
skylynx

Riding for my own brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
That's awesome. Congrats on the prize
Winning those gift cards led to some of the most hysterical parenting moments ever...Though initially son (12 at time) and daughter (15 at time) started calculating how many Mickey Premium bars they could buy with their $350, when they actually began using their gift cards to buy things and watching their balances drop, they got strangely frugal. The deal was we would take turns purchasing meals with them, and although there was no objection when it was mom or stepdad's turn to buy the meal, when it was their turn they balked.

Classic teen daughter moment...we were at Typhoon Lagoon and had ordered a pretty conservative lunch (because it was her turn to pay) sharing drinks, getting kids meals and such). The cashier tells her the price and DD gasps "thirty eight dollars!" She had no concept of what we spent on meals for the four of us until they were being deducted from her card.

They ended up rationing their spending after that, and although they bought themselves some nice things we probably wouldn't have bought otherwise,
they managed to conserve gift card balances on two more Disney trips before they finally zeroed out.
WDW 2 many times 2 count since 1973 AKL, WL, Dixie Landings, CB, VB,OKW, GCV, 5 Disney Institute Professional Programs CA/Disneyland GCAL, Treehouse Villas DVC 2007 Disney Wonder 10/02, 3/03, 2/04, 5/06, 5/07, 6/08, 8/10, 2/11, 10/15Disney Magic W 10/04, 1/07, E 2/06, 11/08, 2/12, 2/15 Disney Dream 6/11 6/14 Disney Fantasy 2/13 2/14 NCL Alaska 6/09 Trader's Inn Beach Club Ormond Beach FL 2014

Last edited by skylynx; 11-07-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: grammar
skylynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

In the UK so not eligible to win
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #52
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggysmum View Post
In the UK so not eligible to win
I know, it must be some quirky law in the UK. We have the same problem with the state of Nevada and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Neither of those places are eligible either. I know here in Texas we don't qualify for the Friends and Family bonus money you get when someone uses your name as a referral. It's because of a state law.

I'm sad to hear we'll only be able to play 10 times. I've been enjoying it.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #53
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Quote:
Winning those gift cards led to some of the most hysterical parenting moments ever...Though initially son (12 at time) and daughter (15 at time) starting calculating how many Mickey Premium bars they could buy with their $350, when they actually started using their gift cards to buy things and watching their balances drop, they got strangely frugal. The deal was we would take turns purchasing meals with them, and although there was no objection when it was mom or stepdad's turn to buy the meal, when it was their turn they balked.

Classic teen daughter moment...we were at Typhoon Lagoon and had ordered a pretty conservative lunch (because it was her turn to pay) sharing drinks, getting kids meals and such). The cashier tells her the price and DD gasps "thirty eight dollars!" She had no concept of what we spent on meals for the four of us until they were being deducted from her card.

They ended up rationing their spending after that, and although they bought themselves some nice things we probably wouldn't have bought otherwise,
they managed to conserve gift card balances on two more Disney trips before they finally zeroed out.
Great story It is kinda scary how quickly those treats, snacks, "light lunches" can add up at WDW.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #54
jcof616
Earning My Ears

Awesome! I love the game and won 2-3 races. Maybe I can remember to play every day now.
jcof616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #55
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Got my 500 virtual points. Now all I have to do is wait to collect, lol.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #56
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
I lost one game to Hades.

It is a cute game, love the graphics.
You only lost once. Scar got me a couple of times, Hades, the Evil Queen, I think even the little flies around the zebra got me on the first board a few times.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #57
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcterry View Post
You only lost once. Scar got me a couple of times, Hades, the Evil Queen, I think even the little flies around the zebra got me on the first board a few times.
Yep, and now I have my 500 and can't play anymore. I really thought it was fun. I will say that if you throw the dice in certain areas you get the same roll of the dice each time.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #58
jenavive
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim Chiminy
I thought it was cute. Won all three games, but can't remember how many points I got.

I was a bit confused on how to refer or share the game with others. I read through that section of the rules a couple of times, but never did find a place to add someone's email and name to refer them. I think I must be misunderstanding that part.
I sent my son a link from facebook so he could play, but don't know if he tried yet.
Just saw this post and thought I would try the game.... How fun, thanks!
jenavive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #59
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Yep, and now I have my 500 and can't play anymore. I really thought it was fun. I will say that if you throw the dice in certain areas you get the same roll of the dice each time.
Same here - wish I could play for fun! Got to 500 on my first roll this morning . I found the same thing with the dice throws.
ready123go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #60
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

I made it to 500 points yesterday. I'm not sure that I got to 10 entries. I wish there was a way to still play, even without accumulating points -- DS6 loved playing the game and rolling the dice.

At least I can still link to the game and listen to the cool music
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: