Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > United We Stand
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
lyeag
DIS Veteran

Last Deployment (hopefully)

DH leaves very soon for Korea. It could be worse, but it is never fun facing down a year long separation. Good thoughts would be helpful that this deployment nothing breaks.
lyeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Sending hugs and prayers for your DH's safe keeping . Also strength and patience for you as all the responsibilities fall on your shoulders and you keep the home fires burning . I have been there with my dear DIL several times, as she juggles work, household, and kiddos, w/DS's depolyments to Iraq, AFG and Korea, so feel your pain. Godspeed and I thank you and your DH for your many sacrifices for our great nation.

RIP Mom

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.

~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
lyeag
DIS Veteran

Thanks. This should be the last deployment,God willing. When he comes back he will just have a little more than 3 years until retirement. This old army wife is tired of the grind. Twice to Iraq and Korea, multiple TDY assignments, schools and medical issues have made me ready for civilian life. BTW Thanks for supporting your DIL through all of this stuff. My MIL has nothing to do with me. EVERY deployment has been on single orders, he never went with a unit. I am always left to deal on my own.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
lyeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

DH retired in October 2012. He did 20 plus deployments over his career, so I know how you feel. The single party deployments ARE the hardest because everyone forgets you exist and you get no support. I'm sending you prayers and good thoughts that time goes quickly and things go smoothly while he is away. Feel free to PM me if you like!
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: