Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
cgolf
DIS Veteran

Concierge Questions

Hi all,

We decided to take the plunge since a concierge Cat V room and was lucky enough to get one with the extra large veranda.

Couple of questions to those who have enjoyed these rooms before (searched back posts and don't remember seeing these questions asked before)

My DM and DD are staying in a non concierge room together, will they be allowed to visit? Also from what I read we get to book our next cruise in the concierge lounge, will they be able to join us for this booking since we always book together?

We are really looking forward to this cruise, but I am a bit nervous about the concierge. The general DCL staff is the most we have ever been pampered, it will be an interesting experience for us to over the top pampered (glad we don't get the butler service that other cruise lines provide, that would put me over the edge).

Thanks
cgolf
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolf View Post
Hi all,

We decided to take the plunge since a concierge Cat V room and was lucky enough to get one with the extra large veranda.

Couple of questions to those who have enjoyed these rooms before (searched back posts and don't remember seeing these questions asked before)

My DM and DD are staying in a non concierge room together, will they be allowed to visit? Also from what I read we get to book our next cruise in the concierge lounge, will they be able to join us for this booking since we always book together?

We are really looking forward to this cruise, but I am a bit nervous about the concierge. The general DCL staff is the most we have ever been pampered, it will be an interesting experience for us to over the top pampered (glad we don't get the butler service that other cruise lines provide, that would put me over the edge).

Thanks
cgolf
They will be able to visit you in your room. If you're sailing on the Dream or Fantasy, they won't be able to accompany you to the Concierge Lounge or the Concierge-only sun deck.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

They will be allowed to visit you in your room. They will not be allowed in the concierge lounge though. Not sure which ship you are on, but the Dream has gates to the concierge rooms, so someone with a concierge key will need to let them into your hallway to get to your room (or they can wait for a concierge guest to open it--that happens quite regularly).

As for booking a future cruise. The concierge hosts will arrange a time for the future cruise sales team to come up to work with you. Normally this takes place in the concierge lounge so not sure if they will make an exception for your relatives to join you. My guess is no since they try their best to ensure only concierge guest use the lounge, but you could always ask.

Get ready to be really pampered.. they find a way to try to fulfill every request. We absolutely love the lounge. It is a great place to just relax and read a book, play a board game, or get a great cup of coffee.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

In my experience, the concierge will make it clear to you that concierge services are for concierge guests only. If your travel mates know what they want, it's very easy for them to fill out the future cruise booking and drop it in the box. Takes a second, and I've always received a confirmation and a phone number if we had questions.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Your cabin is your private space, and anyone can visit you there. Non-concierge guests are not permitted in the "public" concierge areas such as the lounge and the sun deck. I honestly don't know what they will do about booking your future cruise--my guess is that they'll make it work for you.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
cgolf
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. We are on the Fantasy Jan 12th cruise. It is coming up soon, we can't wait.

cgolf
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: