Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #16
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
We did the mat. Big problem with that is they signed into the area that goes under the frames. Not much just 1/4" but disappointing. We are going to have a custom frame made to hold it.

One thing to do is to get a color pack of Sharpies. That way each character is in a different color. Way fun for the effect.

Jim
You could also get one of the frames that is just glass all the way to the edge and then clips to hold the matt and glass on. They sell them at Michael's and other stores, and are usually no more than a regular frame.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #17
StarsForAlice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
My family cruises for thanksgiving this month and plan to have them sign a blank Christmas ornament.
This is such a great idea! I'm stealing for our cruise in Dec
StarsForAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #18
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

If I have 3 girls, do I need to submit them all separately, or can they all go in the same ziplock bag?
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We like the 9" vinylmations.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
ValentineJulie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
My family cruises for thanksgiving this month and plan to have them sign a blank Christmas ornament.
Good idea!! What kind of ornament did you get??

Thanks

ValentineJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman View Post
We did the mat. Big problem with that is they signed into the area that goes under the frames. Not much just 1/4" but disappointing. We are going to have a custom frame made to hold it.

One thing to do is to get a color pack of Sharpies. That way each character is in a different color. Way fun for the effect.

Jim
One thing I've read here is to remove the yellow marker. It doesn't stand up well to ageing and will fade more than the other colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerl30 View Post
If I have 3 girls, do I need to submit them all separately, or can they all go in the same ziplock bag?
How many staterooms do you have? It's my understanding that the limit is 2 items per stateroom. As for putting them in separate bags or together, I don't know.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #22
Cdnmom2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Crush_ View Post
Just a reminder that although you can request the signatures from princesses or both, you kinda get what you get. On our Magic cruise, we requested all, thinking we would get EVERYONE. Unfortunately we only got the Fab five but we were happy with anything. Beggars can't be choosers!
something similar happened to us in May. We dropped off 2 9" blank vinylmations for all the characters to sign, marked the paper stating all. They came back on the last day,one had all the characters signatures and one only had 5 signatures. We took it back to guest services and they got more on it so they were equal. If they were both the same it wouldn't have made a difference, however it made a difference as two kids, each different, especially when they asked for the same thing. It all got sorted out so in the end it was incredible, best souvenir of our trip
Mr. A -- 8 and awesome
Surprise Trip for the kids Disney Dream Cruise --April 27, 2014 - May 1st, 2014! stateroom #8188 !!! Kids are going to freak out Christmas morning
2nd Family Disney trip, May 2012 which included Magic Kindgom, Seaworld Discovery Cove and a 4 night Disney Dream Cruise, stateroom 9662, beyond incredible trip!!!

First Family Trip to Disney 2009 stayed on site at CBR, 5 days in the parks and truly 1st trip incredible memories that we will have for a lifetime
Cdnmom2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #23
jennab05
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for all the ideas. I'm thinking about doing the Vinylmation idea. Does anyone know how much the larger ones run at the world of disney store downtown disney? Otherwise I might do the Photo Mat for a frame and buy a photo of my boyfriend and I at formal night. All the ideas are great tho. I really like that Disney offers this option. They can accept the candy you put in the envelope/bag, correct? I like that idea as a small present for them doing autographs.
jennab05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
jennab05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnmom2001 View Post
something similar happened to us in May. We dropped off 2 9" blank vinylmations for all the characters to sign, marked the paper stating all. They came back on the last day,one had all the characters signatures and one only had 5 signatures. We took it back to guest services and they got more on it so they were equal. If they were both the same it wouldn't have made a difference, however it made a difference as two kids, each different, especially when they asked for the same thing. It all got sorted out so in the end it was incredible, best souvenir of our trip
I'm glad they were able to fix it for you. I think that is such a cute idea to have the vinylmations signed. Did you have one of the silver sharpies to have them sign with or did you use something else for the black?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
jennab05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineJulie View Post

Thanks
I was wondering the same thing. I love the idea of a christmas ornament.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsForAlice View Post
This is such a great idea! I'm stealing for our cruise in Dec
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineJulie View Post

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab05 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I love the idea of a christmas ornament.
I bought the ornament at ACMoore with a 50% off coupon so the ornament only costed 50 cents. It has a shiny coating to it and also is nicely weighted. Not to heavy or to light.

Here is a link to a picture on esty to what it looks like tho I bought it from AC Moore.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91028694...ament-pkg-of-2

Has plenty of room on both sides for signatures.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #27
RHreha
Earning My Ears

I did the Photo Mats and the first time they signed really close to the edge so I had the problem with finding a frame to put them in. Next time I used some of the blue painters tape and taped off the edge to keep them from signing so close to the edge and then once I got them back I took the tape off and it was perfect!

The rule as I was told by Guest Services is that they will sign one item per child in the stateroom or one item per stateroom with no children. If they have time they will do an additional item as I gave them 3 5x7 photo mats and 1 8x10 so each of my kids have one for themselves and I have one for the family. Both cruises I got all 4 items signed.

I put them in a large padded mailing envelope with a ziploc baggy of Markers and leave the envelope unsealed.

After reading lots of information on here a couple other ideas I saw people give for things to sign are ceramic plates and signature bears. I love the ornament idea and we are cruising again in less than 3 weeks!! Yay!!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #28
nhgirl
Mouseketeer

I didn't bring anything on board for them to sign. I wished I had once I was on the ship. We bought a picture at Shutters of my daughter with Mickey. When we went to the Character Breakfast we had it with us, so we had Mickey sign it. One night when my daughter went to Kid's Club they were coloring Disney pillow cases with fabric markers. We brought hers to Guest Services the next day and a couple of days later it was back in our stateroom signed by many of the characters.
nhgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #29
budamacdvcr
DIS Dad #737

Luv the ornament idea! Thinking of the Mickey symbol ornament - here is a link to some ornaments available on line if some of you want to get a Disney ornament before your cruise.

http://www.disneystore.com/home-deco...ts/mn/1000344/
DIS Dads #737
me DW DD (19) DS (16)

WDW 19 Trips, DCL 8 Cruises, March '13 DLR

budamacdvcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #30
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Candyman

Jim
I found "rimless" glass frames at Michael's that worked great! It's basically a piece of glass that has clips that you can barely see. All of the signatures show perfectly!! Plus, the frame was pretty inexpensive...better than going the custom route, IMO.

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: