Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #106
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

We loved Via Napoli too! I haven't got that far yet in my TR to write about it, but i'm excited to talk about it. Dang! You should have gotten a picture of him. Even if he looked a little bit like Cristiano Renaldo, that probably means he was very good looking!

Aw you look great in your barbie costume! I can't wait to hear about the party.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #107
klacey1
DIS Veteran

That pizza looks amazing--I adore truffle oil!
I love your Barbie costume! So fun!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #108
monica23535
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli, your pizza looked amazing! I would have liked to have seen a Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike when we were there.....

Great pictures of Sergio, I like watching him but that whistle drives me crazy

Your Barbie costume is fab!

Have you got snow where you live Emma? We do here in the midlands and it's taking forever to melt.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #109
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed Via Napoli! It's my one of my favorites in WDW.

I wish I had taken the time to just relax on my balcony. We never seem to be able to slow down and enjoy resting.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #110
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great updates, Emma! You can really get so much done in the Studios if you are there early and don't join the masses at TSM, it looks like. Very accomplished morning!

Okay, not going to lie, I laughed at your drink ordering experience. Hey, it can't hurt to ask for a bigger drink, right?

We LOOOOOVE Via Napoli! Probably my favorite restaurant on property, although it's not like I can claim to have eaten at very many to begin with. The artichoke/truffle oil pizza looks delicious!! How great that it has inspired an Italy trip for y'all. We are going next year, and I could not be any more excited! It has been a dream vacation of mine since I was little. How funny to read that you went there on school trips! Of course, it is quite a bit closer, and I'm sure easier to get to, for you!!

Your costume is adorable! I can't wait to read about your party experience. We are doing the Halloween party for the first time on our trip this year!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #111
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
We loved Via Napoli too! I haven't got that far yet in my TR to write about it, but i'm excited to talk about it. Dang! You should have gotten a picture of him. Even if he looked a little bit like Cristiano Renaldo, that probably means he was very good looking!

Aw you look great in your barbie costume! I can't wait to hear about the party.
Hi Lesha, thanks for commenting - we loved Via Napoli so much.. I wasn't sure if having an ADR in Epcot during Food & Wine Festival was a good idea, as there's so much on offer around the lagoon, but I'm so glad we did eat there
The Ronaldo lookalike is sat on the centre table in this photo (dark blue shirt)...

hehe

The party was so much fun... hope to write about it soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
That pizza looks amazing--I adore truffle oil!
I love your Barbie costume! So fun!
Hi! The pizza was excellent... artichoke isn't a vegetable I'd usually choose, but it worked so well with the white cheese and truffle oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed Via Napoli, your pizza looked amazing! I would have liked to have seen a Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike when we were there.....

Great pictures of Sergio, I like watching him but that whistle drives me crazy

Your Barbie costume is fab!

Have you got snow where you live Emma? We do here in the midlands and it's taking forever to melt.
Hi!

Lol Sergio's whistle was quite persistent during the act, it was really clever though... he got a young boy to walk 200 yards away with a net, and then he threw a football right through it!

Yes we've had quite a bit of snow.. I got sent home from work on Friday at 11.30am, then we spent most of the weekend digging out our cars and clearing the roads - hopefully the weather will warm up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm so glad you guys enjoyed Via Napoli! It's my one of my favorites in WDW.

I wish I had taken the time to just relax on my balcony. We never seem to be able to slow down and enjoy resting.
Hi Mel! I think Via Napoli is one of my favourites too now

We were so lucky with our balcony and that view.. it was quite hard just to sit and read because I got distracted with everything going on around the Boardwalk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great updates, Emma! You can really get so much done in the Studios if you are there early and don't join the masses at TSM, it looks like. Very accomplished morning!

Okay, not going to lie, I laughed at your drink ordering experience. Hey, it can't hurt to ask for a bigger drink, right?

We LOOOOOVE Via Napoli! Probably my favorite restaurant on property, although it's not like I can claim to have eaten at very many to begin with. The artichoke/truffle oil pizza looks delicious!! How great that it has inspired an Italy trip for y'all. We are going next year, and I could not be any more excited! It has been a dream vacation of mine since I was little. How funny to read that you went there on school trips! Of course, it is quite a bit closer, and I'm sure easier to get to, for you!!

Your costume is adorable! I can't wait to read about your party experience. We are doing the Halloween party for the first time on our trip this year!
Hi!

I don't know who was more embarrassed about the 'large drink' request at the Caribbean booth... me for asking, or the poor CM who had to tell me it wasn't any bigger ! I forgot to mention too, when we received our drinks from the serving window, the CM there said "every Dragon Berry Colada comes with a complimentary dragon ROAAARRRRR!" which caught us buy surprise, but was very funny!

Yes I went to Rome, Capri and Sorrento on a school trip when I was 13, DH also went at a similar age (obviously we didn't know each other back then!) - I didn't like Rome at all because it felt quite scary... but I really think I should go back as an adult lol. I went to Venice with my family about 12 years ago too, that was beautiful and you can definitely see how it inspired the Italy pavilion in Epcot.

DH and I are planning to fly to Naples and then spend a week or so in Sorrento and Capri - we also have a short break booked to Barcelona this March, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Europe this year, as well as the Disney cruise & Boston in the summer!

Thank you for the comment on my costume! I think it turned out pretty well, it was quite obvious who I was supposed to be... and I only saw one other lady dressed as Barbie that night at the party hehe.

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #112
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Awh I love seeing weddings around the property! Makes me so happy for them!

You look so stunning in your barbie costume!!!

Quote:
! I forgot to mention too, when we received our drinks from the serving window, the CM there said "every Dragon Berry Colada comes with a complimentary dragon ROAAARRRRR!" which caught us buy surprise, but was very funny!
I know this wasn't for me but it made me laugh so hard!!!

On a side note I love the Benefit 'That Gal' primer! Although its super expensive down here!!

Looking forward to hearing about your night!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #113
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Awh I love seeing weddings around the property! Makes me so happy for them!

You look so stunning in your barbie costume!!!

I know this wasn't for me but it made me laugh so hard!!!

On a side note I love the Benefit 'That Gal' primer! Although its super expensive down here!!

Looking forward to hearing about your night!
Hi! Thanks for your comments

The Dragon Berry 'Roar' was so funny, I can't believe I forgot to write about it! We saw the same CM a few days later at Epcot, on a different F&W booth, he really seemed to love his job

I am such a big fan of Benefit make-up.. I think 90% of my makeup bag is their products! It started when I took my bridesmaids to a Benefit boutique shop for makeup tutorials before the wedding, I had a makeover too so that I knew how to do my makeup nicely for honeymoon! it is quite expensive stuff, but I find it all works so well and lasts ages.

I hope to get to my next update soon everyone... sorry for the delay!

Emma x
Old 02-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #114
MagicalMerida
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Day 1 – Sunday 7th October 2012

We woke up at 6am, very early for a Sunday, but it was easy to get up because it was finally time for our holiday!

I have had the same experience. One time i had to get up at 4am and i was up half an hour before the alarm (crazy).
MagicalMerida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #115
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalMerida View Post
I have had the same experience. One time i had to get up at 4am and i was up half an hour before the alarm (crazy).
Hi! It is so much easier to get up early when it's for a trip to Disney

Emma x
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #116
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

... Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party...

Soon we were at the park...

We got our wristbands just past the turnstiles, the CM who gave me mine said “Hi.. are you Barbie? You look just like her!” … and so many other guests and Cast Members commented on my costume throughout the party! Little girls kept chatting to me in queues (although one asked me if I was meant to be Barbie or Sharpay from High School Musical!) and a lady came up to me and asked where I got my costume, as her daughter wanted to be Barbie for Halloween this year!
I didn't feel self-conscious at all dressing up, and about 80% of guests are in costumes too.

Our first attraction was Pirates of the Caribbean.. it had been closed on October 9th for something to be added... but we couldn't see anything different... luckily we would ride it again later in the trip and see the addition.

We walked towards Tomorrowland next, it was 6.45pm and there was an announcement from the 'Ghost Host' asking that all non-party guests please head towards the exit.

I took a quick video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbLUfJXflw

We rode on Buzz Lightyear, I got an awful score.. I really don't know how I got 999,999 on our honeymoon! DH did much better..

Next we went to Space Mountain, it had almost no line.

We walked through Fantasyland...

All of the construction walls were still up around new Fantasyland, but the Beast's castle was lit up

Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #117
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

We agreed there was one attraction we had to ride during the party.. the Haunted Mansion! So we went there next – the lighting and sound effects were excellent!

Even the cast members looked extra creepy with spooky make up!

There was a ghost sat outside the mansion too...

We walked back to the hub and got some dinner at Casey's Corner... neither of us were that hungry though after the giant pizza at Via Napoli earlier!

I spotted Lotso doing a meet & greet near the Castle, unfortunately it was time for his break just as I joined the line!
We noticed a Cast Member dancing with some younger guests during the Villains stage show, it was really cute.

We also did a few of the Trick & Treat trails – I was amazed by how much candy we got, the later it got the more the cast members seemed to hand out (I've heard that they have to get rid of all of it at each party). This was really fun for me as I've never been trick or treating!

One of the best trails started in Storybook Circus and ended in Tomorrowland...

Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #118
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

We found a great spot for the fireworks, Hallo-Wishes, in the hub – before it started, we said we wouldn't take too many photos and just enjoy the show, but we couldn't help it!

I love the normal Wishes fireworks, but the Halloween and Christmas versions are both excellent.

We wandered over to Frontierland to find a spot to watch the second Boo To You Parade. We were right up against the rope which meant I was able to get candy from the Goofy's Candy Co float during the parade!

This was a fantastic parade – we don't tend to watch the daytime parades, I'm always so impressed by the cast members who perform in them.. they never stop dancing and smiling!

The headless horseman...

Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #119
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 5...

We had the 'Boo to You' song stuck in our heads for days after MNSSHP! I tried really hard to find the music for it on CD, but unfortunately the special events CD has been discontinued.

Next we went to Big Thunder Mountain. Again there was no line, but just as we got to the last ramp before boarding the train, the ride broke down! It must have been serious as the Cast Members asked everyone to turn around and walk out of the queue. We heard another guest say that Space Mountain was closed, and so was Splash Mountain!
Instead we did the trick or treat trail at Splash Mountain.

We wandered back to Main Street USA, I went into the Emporium to buy a MNSSHP pin, while DH took some photos of the street... it was so well themed for the party.

By this time it was about 11.30pm so we decided to head out of the park, it had been a long but very fun day.

Before leaving, we went to town hall as I'd read online that if you have a food allergy (I can't eat nuts/peanuts) that Disney will exchange the candy you can't eat. Sure enough, the cast member I spoke to said that would be fine – and went backstage to find some allergy-friendly chocolate for me. She came back with candy and a few other little gifts! We'd put all of the nut-containing chocolates onto the counter, but the CM said “oh you don't have to exchange it, do you know anyone who would eat it?” .. so we kept all of that too and gave it to my parents when they arrived at WDW the next day!

This was all of the candy that we collected during the party...

And this is the allergy-friendly chocolate and gifts we were given at guest relations...

The park entrance looked spooky too..

We got the bus back to the Yacht Club, and walked around the lake to the Boardwalk...

Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #120
klacey1
DIS Veteran

The lighting around the Haunted Mansion looks fantastic! I can't believe what great seats you got for the parade and fireworks, too!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: