Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #16
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Came upon your tr and read it and now am hooked. Looking forward to reading more.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcat1 View Post
Good tip about the chocolates, I'm going to try that next week!!

Loving all your pictures in the report too. Thanks for sharing.

Cath
Hi! Thanks for reading - hope you have a great trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea UK View Post
Yay Emma - you have started your trip report. Can't wait for more updates!! I can't wait to read about your Animal Kingdom Adventure as we want to do that next year xx
Hi Sara! Thanks for reading so far, the Wild Africa Trek was incredible, can't wait to share it - we are awaiting our photo cd from it in the post so I should have lots of pictures too

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi Emma!

Glad you had a good trip, we got back a few days ago and can even spot our room at the Beach Club in your room view picture.

Can't wait to read more once you've finished your exams - good luck!
Hi! Thanks for reading, hope you had a great trip to WDW too I will really get going with updates once this exam is done, two weeks to go now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm here! Sounds like a good start; looking forward to hearing about the rest! Good luck with exams!
Thank you so much revision is going ok but I cannot wait for it to be over

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Hi Emma!

That sunset almost looks like a rainbow! Very pretty. You really seem to have gotten a great room! I have read about Boardwalk only having one set of elevators, so that's good that you were close to it AND that you got a side view of the lake. Bonus!
Hi Mel, thanks for reading! I'm so glad I took that photo of the sunrise, the sky was so pretty! Yes the Boardwalk Villas only has one set of elevators which is often a criticism people have about the resort - however we have found on our trips there that there are a lot of staircases along the corridors that can be really useful; they're just not always easy to find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Emma,
Love your garden view from your villa. I remember reading your honeymoon tr, and can't wait to hear your food reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Great Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
Joining in!
Thank you all for joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
Followed your link over from your PTR where I've been lurking! You guys had a great trip planned, can't wait to see how it panned out!
Hi! Thank you for reading so far, it was such a fun trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Um, over 20 hours?! Guess you won't hear me complaining anymore about my measly 5 hour flight

Love the view from your room. Will find out in about 28 days if we'll be staying at BWV or BLT! Secretly hoping to keep BWV but hubby will be happy if the waitlist goes through on BLT.
Hi Lesha! Thanks for reading along. Excited to find out which resort you guys get next month, BWV is special to me as it's our DVC home and we love being walking distance from Epcot and DHS
That CM's journey was so crazy - I think she said she left New Zealand at 8am on a Saturday and landed at 10am the same Saturday in Florida?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Came upon your tr and read it and now am hooked. Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you for joining in!

Little update coming up....

Emma x
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 1 - Travel & Arrival...

Once we were ready we headed out – we were both quite hungry so decided to walk to Epcot... there was a little food festival going on

It was nice to be strolling along the Boardwalk – it was cloudy but very warm

Very soon we were at International Gateway and into the park!

We could hear Starship playing in the America pavilion (as part of the Eat to the Beat concerts), I'd just heard the song on the radio the day before so it was funny to hear it live!

The park was pretty busy but not too bad, so we decided to turn right and go to France first.

I wasn't quite brave enough to try the snails, so we got a coq au vin to share and two pomegranate cocktails to toast the start of our vacation.

We stood near the lagoon to eat our dish and it turned out the box we'd perched on was part of the Agent P adventure game – so several kids came along looking for a little Perry the Platypus on the box!

Next we strolled over to New Zealand, and ordered one of each of the dishes – lamb meatball and scallops.

I like being able to see into each booth and watch the dishes being prepared and served up.

Many of the booths had pots of plants next to them – I was jealous as our attempts at growing vegetables this summer were ruined by the poor weather we had lol.

Both of these were really good, I love scallops so that was probably my favourite.

We saw Aladdin and Jasmine heading backstage!

Next DH stopped at Singapore to get the beef rendang curry and a beer – I didn't get a photo of the curry but did taste it, really enjoyed it! It was one of our surprise favourite dishes of the festival.
While he was getting the food, I stopped in one of the little festival shops to buy a wrist-band gift card – I'd read about these and definitely recommend getting one, it was so much easier to wear one of these than keep getting my card or cash out of my purse.
I also bought a F&W Festival pin (Mickey in the cranberry bog), and a little tray to use while we were at the festival...

I got so many compliments about this tray – from guests and cast members! It was only $4.95 and easy to carry in my bag on days we were at Epcot.
The Cast Member in the gift shop was also really nice, she was from Holland and on the college program. Just as she started serving me, Starship started playing 'Don't Stop Believing' and she was dancing around to it!

Next we stopped at Japan for a sushi roll (I think it was the Karaage chicken) and a Sukiyaki Beef Pan. We also got a Kirin beer each, I don't drink a lot of beer but I really like this one as it's quite light.

We sat on a low wall in the Japan pavilion for a little while, and then strolled back towards the International Gateway – we still had drinks left so we wandered around the UK pavilion and took some photos.

Last edited by disneybarbie; 11-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #19
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 1 - Travel & Arrival...

It was about 8pm at this point so we wandered out of the park and back to the Boardwalk. DH wanted to watch his NFL team (New Orleans Saints!) play – because of the time zone difference he doesn't get to watch a lot of football games when we're at home.

We'd thought that the ESPN bar would be too busy to try and watch it there, however as we walked by we noticed that they'd set up televisions outside and there was a temporary bar too.
So we got some seats and I got us two drinks (another beer for me – unusual! We don't get many light beers at home so I enjoyed trying a Corona Light).

After a while we noticed that the bar was much emptier, so we went inside – we sat at the bar and DH got talking to another Saints fan.

I didn't think we'd watch the whole game, maybe just the first two quarters and then go to bed... however, we ended up watching the whole game!!

We got back up to our room at nearly midnight – 5am in England, which meant we'd been up for nearly 24 hours!

I noticed the voice message button was flashing on our phone, and it turned out to be a 'happy birthday' message from Mickey and Minnie for me! (It was my birthday the week before we went on vacation so I'd listed it as our celebration ).

We fell asleep very easily – it had been a long but fun day; and I couldn't wait to wake up the next day for our first full day in WDW!

Emma x
Old 11-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I don't think i've ever seen one of those F&W trays before! Such a great idea and a marvelous price. Is that a wine cup holder in the corner?!

I, too, get so jealous when I see other peoples gardens flourishing and mine doesn't. At least you have an excuse to use! Our weather was perfect and my garden still didn't grow great at all!

Wow, 2 beers in one day for you? I feel like I know you well enough now that this is quite unusual for you.

Can't wait to hear your next update!
DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Good start to your trip. That tray is really cool and useful!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Up for 24 hours straight? Wow!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #23
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
I thought I recognized this jersey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
DH wanted to watch his NFL team (New Orleans Saints!) play – After a while we noticed that the bar was much emptier, so we went inside – we sat at the bar and DH got talking to another Saints fan.
We're everywhere! WHO DAT!!!

Great TR...can't wait for more!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great start to your TR, Emma!! I can't believe y'all were up for 24 hours! DH and I would be at each others throats if our travel day consisted of 24 hours awake. And I just have to say, I still think it's so funny (and awesome!!) that you come from England and your DH is excited to watch the Saints game! We missed 2 games while we were there and the week before we left was their bye week, so it had been three weeks since we had seen a Saints game by the time they played this past Monday night! Did you notice there were a lot of Saints fans in the parks while you were there? Don't know what it was but they seemed to be everywhere while we were visiting. It was awesome!! Who dat!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #25
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Great start to your report! I can't believe you were up 24 hours straight! The food looks soooo good!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #26
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I don't think i've ever seen one of those F&W trays before! Such a great idea and a marvelous price. Is that a wine cup holder in the corner?!

I, too, get so jealous when I see other peoples gardens flourishing and mine doesn't. At least you have an excuse to use! Our weather was perfect and my garden still didn't grow great at all!

Wow, 2 beers in one day for you? I feel like I know you well enough now that this is quite unusual for you.

Can't wait to hear your next update!
Hi Lesha, I think the trays are new for this year - such a great idea, and yup you can put a wine glass in the corner section!
Yes it was rare for me to have two beers! Usually I drink wine, but I decided that wasn't going to mix well with the jet-lag, so I had a beer at ESPN and then pomegranate lemonade, we were sitting at the bar so the server kept the free refills coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Good start to your trip. That tray is really cool and useful!
Thank you! I brought the tray home with us.. not quite sure what I can use it for, but it's a nice souvenir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Up for 24 hours straight? Wow!
I know! Although thinking about it, I must have slept a little on the plane because I can't remember all of Madagascar 3 that I watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I thought I recognized this jersey!!

We're everywhere! WHO DAT!!!

Great TR...can't wait for more!
Thank you for reading along so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great start to your TR, Emma!! I can't believe y'all were up for 24 hours! DH and I would be at each others throats if our travel day consisted of 24 hours awake. And I just have to say, I still think it's so funny (and awesome!!) that you come from England and your DH is excited to watch the Saints game! We missed 2 games while we were there and the week before we left was their bye week, so it had been three weeks since we had seen a Saints game by the time they played this past Monday night! Did you notice there were a lot of Saints fans in the parks while you were there? Don't know what it was but they seemed to be everywhere while we were visiting. It was awesome!! Who dat!!
Thank you! Many times DH will get talking to people when we're at Disney and he's wearing a Saints jersey or shirt, they're always surprised we're from England. I was pleased he found another fan at ESPN that night as they were chatting away about the players and the season so far - I know a little about NFL but not enough to hold a conversation
We saw quite a few Saints fans (I noticed more Steelers though?!) at WDW - and DH got a few 'Who Dats' while we were walking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Great start to your report! I can't believe you were up 24 hours straight! The food looks soooo good!
Thank you! The F&W dishes were all so good - in fact I think we only had one item that neither of us were keen on (I'll get to that later on)

Emma x
Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Yum, Yum, Yum. Don't your just love the F&WF at Epcot? So many fun choices, just the perfect size for sharing, and trying many new dishes. The wristlet gift card is such a great idea too. Perfect for stopping at the many booths.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great first day
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
Sweet Pea UK
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! We didn't get to do any of the F&W Festival as the friends we went with aren't keen on EPCOT!!!! Luckily we are there for it next year and I can't wait for Jonathan, Amber and I to look round it properly!!!
Sweet Pea UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #30
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Great start Em!

Your room looks so beautiful- We really want to stay there one of these trips.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: